"X-Files" Appreciation Thread - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2005, 11:40 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Ah yes, Arcadia! That was a hoot. So many fond memories
__________________

__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #32
Refugee
 
mdw3935's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Texas gal in Maryland
Posts: 1,064
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Arcadia is a classic.
Mulder trying to put up that basketball hoop and can't because of the HOA rules or when Mulder asks Scully if it is time to make that honeymoon tape.
The best is when he puts out the pink plastic flamingo and says "Bring it on".
__________________

__________________
mdw3935 is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 12:24 PM   #33
Refugee
 
mdw3935's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Texas gal in Maryland
Posts: 1,064
Local Time: 06:49 AM
A lot of great episodes in my opinion included The Lonegun Men in them.
I loved watching those guys interact with Mulder and Scully.
Frohike had such a thing for Scully. They made me so mad when they killed them off.
__________________
mdw3935 is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 12:30 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,720
Local Time: 02:49 AM
If people didn't already hate Chris Carter for what he'd done to the show, they sure hated him after he killed off the Lone Gunmen.

One of my friends claimed the greater sin was killing off the Lone Gunmen and not making her care. I was with her - by that point in the show, I just didn't care.

I did like those guys, though. Not sure why I hated their spinoff show.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 12:46 PM   #35
Refugee
 
maro_chik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,087
Local Time: 05:49 AM
I'm starting to watch this show again; they show 2 reruns every Saturday night on ABC. Makes me wonder why I ever stopped watching the show.

There's still alot of episodes I haven't seen though - probably the majority of the shows done after David Duchovny left.

I have the movie, and I'm hoping to save up enough money to hopefully get the dvds off eBay or something.
__________________
maro_chik is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
miss becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,107
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mdw3935
Arcadia is a classic.
Mulder trying to put up that basketball hoop and can't because of the HOA rules or when Mulder asks Scully if it is time to make that honeymoon tape.
The best is when he puts out the pink plastic flamingo and says "Bring it on".
"Woman, get back in here and make me a sandwich!"
__________________
miss becky is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #37
Refugee
 
mdw3935's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Texas gal in Maryland
Posts: 1,064
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by miss becky


"Woman, get back in here and make me a sandwich!"


Rob and Laura Petrie
Scully: "We pronounce it Pee-trie, actually."
Mulder: "Like the dish."


I really miss that show
I must go and watch some of my faverites on dvd now.
__________________
mdw3935 is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 01:50 PM   #38
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Highlands of Scotland
Posts: 360
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Aw, another X-phile here. I got sucked in at the start of season three, I was (still am ) such a "shipper". I miss it, but it wasn,t the same at the end.

Bad Blood still cracks me up so much
Scully- "what am I even looking for?"
Mulder(placing his hands on her shoulders and looking her straight in the eye) - "I don't know"
__________________
smooshcat is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
lmjhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: tbtf
Posts: 4,317
Local Time: 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by karls77
Does anyone know the name of the eposide with all of the cockroaches?? That was pretty funny too - plus it was Scully on her own.
i had forgotten about war of the coprophages. excellent episode, also written by darin morgan:

[The alternative fuel building explodes, splattering everything with Dr Eckerle's extensive collection of dung samples]
Mulder: "Crap."

---

[Noticing that Mulder and Scully are both covered in dung]
Sheriff Frass: "You two ought to go home and get some rest. You look pooped."

---

Scully: "Smart is sexy. Well, think of it this way, Mulder. By the time there's another invasion of artificially intelligent dung-eating robotic probes from outer space, maybe their uber-children will have devised a way to save our planet."
Mulder: "You know, I never thought I'd say this to you, Scully. But you smell bad."
__________________
lmjhitman is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
lmjhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: tbtf
Posts: 4,317
Local Time: 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mdw3935
I remember watching The Host episode for the first time about that big fluke worm man swimming around in the sewer. I was eating pizza when then they showed him. Oh that was gross!!!
i know exactly what you're talking about! i was eating a chicken sandwich at the time. then they showed the part where the guy was in the shower, and he threw up one of those little fluke worms and it swam down the drain. i actually had to get up and walk away because i started to heave.
__________________
lmjhitman is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 05:22 PM   #41
Refugee
 
mdw3935's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Texas gal in Maryland
Posts: 1,064
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lmjhitman

i had forgotten about war of the coprophages. excellent episode, also written by darin morgan:

[The alternative fuel building explodes, splattering everything with Dr Eckerle's extensive collection of dung samples]
Mulder: "Crap."

---

[Noticing that Mulder and Scully are both covered in dung]
Sheriff Frass: "You two ought to go home and get some rest. You look pooped."

---

Scully: "Smart is sexy. Well, think of it this way, Mulder. By the time there's another invasion of artificially intelligent dung-eating robotic probes from outer space, maybe their uber-children will have devised a way to save our planet."
Mulder: "You know, I never thought I'd say this to you, Scully. But you smell bad."
I remember that episode. I hate cockroaches and felt like I had them crawling all over me while watching that one. My husband was laughing at me while I was watching it, knowing about my roach-a-phobia.
There were many a times while I was pregnant with my first child I got sick while watching The X-Files.
__________________
mdw3935 is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 07:25 PM   #42
New Yorker
 
AvsGirl41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,948
Local Time: 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
If people didn't already hate Chris Carter for what he'd done to the show, they sure hated him after he killed off the Lone Gunmen.

One of my friends claimed the greater sin was killing off the Lone Gunmen and not making her care. I was with her - by that point in the show, I just didn't care.

I did like those guys, though. Not sure why I hated their spinoff show.
I know, I wanted a spin-off show so bad, and then I hated it. I was so disappointed. I still think it could have been an awesome show. I was so pissed at the addition of the Lara Croft chick. I thought Jimmy Bond had some potential but...eh.

I think it's rather just Chris Carter will never do anything else, he destroyed something fantastic. I hate when he claims there's going to be another movie, unless its a movie that can wipe my memory of the last two seasons...forget it.
__________________
AvsGirl41 is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
lmjhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: tbtf
Posts: 4,317
Local Time: 04:49 AM
did any of you watch 'millennium'? that was pretty freaky.
__________________
lmjhitman is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 07:28 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 10:49 AM
yeah, if there's another movie, it better make up for the last two seasons. otherwise, don't touch it, chris.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 07-19-2005, 07:44 PM   #45
Refugee
 
mdw3935's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Texas gal in Maryland
Posts: 1,064
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lmjhitman
did any of you watch 'millennium'? that was pretty freaky.
I never really got into Millennium. I don't know why. I think it's because that guy was kind of weird looking to me. He was no David Duchovny. I did watch The Lonegun Men spin off but didn't really like it. I just watched it because I loved those guys. But the show did suck. I'm with you U2dem on wiping out the last 2 seasons of The X Files. I don't think I even watched any shows in the last season. I hated that Agent Doggett and the other lady they brought in for him. I can't remember her name but I remembered her from the movie "Hiding Out" with Jon Cryer.
__________________

__________________
mdw3935 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com