"X-Files" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Arcadia is a classic. :yes:
Mulder trying to put up that basketball hoop and can't because of the HOA rules or when Mulder asks Scully if it is time to make that honeymoon tape. :laugh:
The best is when he puts out the pink plastic flamingo and says "Bring it on".

A lot of great episodes in my opinion included The Lonegun Men in them. :D
I loved watching those guys interact with Mulder and Scully. :giggle:
Frohike had such a thing for Scully. They made me so mad when they killed them off. :mad: :rant:

If people didn't already hate Chris Carter for what he'd done to the show, they sure hated him after he killed off the Lone Gunmen.

One of my friends claimed the greater sin was killing off the Lone Gunmen and not making her care. I was with her - by that point in the show, I just didn't care.

I did like those guys, though. Not sure why I hated their spinoff show.

I'm starting to watch this show again; they show 2 reruns every Saturday night on ABC. Makes me wonder why I ever stopped watching the show.

There's still alot of episodes I haven't seen though - probably the majority of the shows done after David Duchovny left.

I have the movie, and I'm hoping to save up enough money to hopefully get the dvds off eBay or something.

mdw3935 said:
Arcadia is a classic. :yes:
Mulder trying to put up that basketball hoop and can't because of the HOA rules or when Mulder asks Scully if it is time to make that honeymoon tape. :laugh:
The best is when he puts out the pink plastic flamingo and says "Bring it on".

"Woman, get back in here and make me a sandwich!" :lol:

miss becky said:

"Woman, get back in here and make me a sandwich!" :lol:
:lmao:

Rob and Laura Petrie
Scully: "We pronounce it Pee-trie, actually."
Mulder: "Like the dish."
:lol:

I really miss that show :sad:
I must go and watch some of my faverites on dvd now. :)

Aw, another X-phile here. I got sucked in at the start of season three, I was (still am ) such a "shipper". I miss it, but it wasn,t the same at the end.

Bad Blood still cracks me up so much
Scully- "what am I even looking for?"
Mulder(placing his hands on her shoulders and looking her straight in the eye) - "I don't know":lmao:

karls77 said:
Does anyone know the name of the eposide with all of the cockroaches?? That was pretty funny too - plus it was Scully on her own. :drool:
i had forgotten about war of the coprophages. excellent episode, also written by darin morgan:

[The alternative fuel building explodes, splattering everything with Dr Eckerle's extensive collection of dung samples]
Mulder: "Crap."

---

[Noticing that Mulder and Scully are both covered in dung]
Sheriff Frass: "You two ought to go home and get some rest. You look pooped."

---

Scully: "Smart is sexy. Well, think of it this way, Mulder. By the time there's another invasion of artificially intelligent dung-eating robotic probes from outer space, maybe their uber-children will have devised a way to save our planet."
Mulder: "You know, I never thought I'd say this to you, Scully. But you smell bad."

mdw3935 said:
I remember watching The Host episode for the first time about that big fluke worm man swimming around in the sewer. I was eating pizza when then they showed him. :barf: Oh that was gross!!!
i know exactly what you're talking about! i was eating a chicken sandwich at the time. then they showed the part where the guy was in the shower, and he threw up one of those little fluke worms and it swam down the drain. i actually had to get up and walk away because i started to heave. :yuck:

lmjhitman said:

i had forgotten about war of the coprophages. excellent episode, also written by darin morgan:

[The alternative fuel building explodes, splattering everything with Dr Eckerle's extensive collection of dung samples]
Mulder: "Crap."

---

[Noticing that Mulder and Scully are both covered in dung]
Sheriff Frass: "You two ought to go home and get some rest. You look pooped."

---

Scully: "Smart is sexy. Well, think of it this way, Mulder. By the time there's another invasion of artificially intelligent dung-eating robotic probes from outer space, maybe their uber-children will have devised a way to save our planet."
Mulder: "You know, I never thought I'd say this to you, Scully. But you smell bad."

I remember that episode. I hate cockroaches and felt like I had them crawling all over me while watching that one. My husband was laughing at me while I was watching it, knowing about my roach-a-phobia. :lol:
There were many a times while I was pregnant with my first child I got sick while watching The X-Files.

corianderstem said:
If people didn't already hate Chris Carter for what he'd done to the show, they sure hated him after he killed off the Lone Gunmen.

One of my friends claimed the greater sin was killing off the Lone Gunmen and not making her care. I was with her - by that point in the show, I just didn't care.

I did like those guys, though. Not sure why I hated their spinoff show.

I know, I wanted a spin-off show so bad, and then I hated it. I was so disappointed. I still think it could have been an awesome show. I was so pissed at the addition of the Lara Croft chick. I thought Jimmy Bond had some potential but...eh.

I think it's rather just Chris Carter will never do anything else, he destroyed something fantastic. I hate when he claims there's going to be another movie, unless its a movie that can wipe my memory of the last two seasons...forget it.

lmjhitman said:
did any of you watch 'millennium'? that was pretty freaky.
I never really got into Millennium. I don't know why. :shrug: I think it's because that guy was kind of weird looking to me. He was no David Duchovny. I did watch The Lonegun Men spin off but didn't really like it. I just watched it because I loved those guys. But the show did suck. I'm with you U2dem on wiping out the last 2 seasons of The X Files. I don't think I even watched any shows in the last season. I hated that Agent Doggett and the other lady they brought in for him. I can't remember her name but I remembered her from the movie "Hiding Out" with Jon Cryer.

yeah, that reyes character (annabeth gish), i could have done without. though i always felt kinda bad for robert patrick. i think he tried his best, but he had such big shoes to fill.

there was that one episode (in one of the last 2 seasons), where something was happening to doggett and he couldn't tell whether he was asleep and dreaming or awake. i just remember that it was a really good performance by him .

Poor Doggett never had a chance. I rather liked him, but HATED Monica Reyes. Wow, she was annoying.

I saw a few episodes of Millennium that were really good, and VERY freaky.

I thought Doggett had some real potential as a character. I think the first strike was that unfortunate name! But Robert Patrick was excellent, and provided a grittier contrast to Mulder and Scully. But they never developed him well, and when they started to go into his background, what a coincidence, he had a supernatural missing child too. And he became a believer so quickly--it took Scully what, 9 years?

Ok, it's time to appreciate Krychek now...the man I loved to hate.

And Jeffery Spender--one of the things I always wanted to slap Chris Carter for was never explaining what happened with him and Samantha. That was such an awesome twist and they just dropped it!! :mad:

Ah Alex Krychek, aka Rat Boy!! I loved to hate him too. I so enjoyed seeing him and Agent Mulder together on the screen. We never really found out what happened to him and Samantha. If I remember correctly Samantha got sick or something like that and maybe she died. :shrug:
Didn't they both get injected with that black liquid stuff rolling around in their eyes at one point?

that sexual tension really kept the show going. i did NOT want them to give in to it.

i remember watching the movie, when they were about to kiss, i was like, 'noooooo...' but then, thankfully, scully got stung by the bee. :up:

AvsGirl41 said:

Ok, it's time to appreciate Krychek now...the man I loved to hate.

I used to love it when everything was going wrong and the conspiracy was getting SO deep and then they'd just show Krycheck for the last few seconds of the show, like that explained everything! :lol:

I would always gasp his name out loud when I realized he had something to do with it!

:lol:

This thread = goodtimes :up:

Back
Top Bottom