"X-Files" Appreciation Thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2005, 10:08 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:40 PM
"I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons & Dragons without learning a little something about courage."

Scully: "Are you sure it wasn't a girly scream, Mulder?"

Old 07-18-2005, 10:11 PM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:40 PM
I was a huge X-Phile. I still have way too much X-Files stuff packed in a box--the action figures, the Barbies.

But here's where I can top you all.

Like U2democrat, I went as Scully for Halloween one year. Everyone really liked it and my cousin took a copy of the photo because she knew a guy who supposedly looked like Mulder and he couldn't find a good Scully. Fast forward to us attending a Trek convention together in costume...we were a huge hit. And it just kept going and going among this group of Trekkies, until finally, we landed on the back cover of the official X-Files Magazine, launching a whole lookalike contest. I kid you not. I still have copies of the magazine to prove it. If you want to see the photo, it's here. I always thought we looked crap! (I was only 17 when this was taken, wow!)

X-Files Photo

Old 07-18-2005, 10:14 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:40 AM
whoa. that's AWESOME!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:00 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

hAHAHAHA and a bottle of rum,
that was & issss neat
Old 07-19-2005, 02:58 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:40 AM
Glad to know I wasn't the only one! I was a huge X-Files fan. Sunday nights were sacred in my house. I wrote fanfiction (under my real name no less...ack!), went to cons, dyed my hair red in part of because of Scully, and dissected every mytharc episode down the tiniest minutiae.

Sadly the show lost most of its attraction for me after Mulder left. I never did watch the final season, although I did watch the series finale.

My favorite episodes of all time are Bad Blood - Luke Wilson as the sheriff is hilarious! And Paper Hearts. Mulder's anguish in that one just rips my heart out every time.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:20 AM   #21
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Quote:
Originally posted by miss becky

My favorite episodes of all time are Bad Blood - Luke Wilson as the sheriff is hilarious!

I was just about to say that!

That is my favorite episode of all time

Does anyone remember that every like Thanksgiving or Halloween FX would have an X-Files favorite episode marathon? My brothers and I would sit all day and watch that
Old 07-19-2005, 05:00 AM   #22
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by lmjhitman
from jose chung's 'from outer space':

Blaine Faulkner: "...the proper authorities showed up with a couple of men in black. One of them was disguised as a woman, but wasn't pulling it off. Like, her hair was red... but it was a little too red, you know? And the other one, the tall lanky one, his face was so blank and expressionless. He didn't seem human. I think he was a mandroid. The only time he reacted was when he saw the dead alien."

(Mulder makes a strange high pitched whoop)

That is why that is one of my all time favorite episodes. I mean Alex Trebek as the 2nd Man In Black.
Detective Manners and how he always was cursing, "You really bleeped up this case."
Scully: Of course he didn't really say "bleep", he said...
Jose Chung: I'm familiar with Detective Manners' colorful phraseology.

Mulder: Are you going to hold that boy?
Manners: You bet your blankety-blank bleep I am.

I may have seen that episode a few times.

I remember watching The Host episode for the first time about that big fluke worm man swimming around in the sewer. I was eating pizza when then they showed him. Oh that was gross!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:14 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:40 PM
Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
I admit it, I was sucked into this show and an avid viewer. I own the movie...and yes, maybe even a book or two on the series. I even had this really really cool X-Files computer game that had the real actors in it...it was like an episode in and of itself. I even dressed up as Agent Scully for Halloween. I was obsessed (obviously).

The other day I was watching a rerun of it and I realized how much I missed the show. There's nothing like it on anymore.
Holy crap you too; well thats another thing we have in common

I thought that Byers was a gun, I got a dozen x-files books ~ the episode guides, the science of the x-files, a few of the novels. Ah so many memories - the flukeman, humbug and that millenium crossover episode ~ oh and that zany episode of the x-files show in the show with Gary Shandling and Tea Leoni (I wonder how she got that gig ).

The cards (I got an embossed foil one) and the comics.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:32 AM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I wrote fanfiction (under my real name no less...ack!),
Oh my God, me too. I don't know what I was thinking, not using a pseudonym at first. Thankfully, I switched to a different name, but some of my early (also crappy, and, unfortunately, smutty) stories can be found via Google using my full name. Slowly, those web pages are disappearing, but god, how dumb was I?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:42 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:40 AM
Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Holy crap you too; well thats another thing we have in common

I thought that Byers was a gun, I got a dozen x-files books ~ the episode guides, the science of the x-files, a few of the novels. Ah so many memories - the flukeman, humbug and that millenium crossover episode ~ oh and that zany episode of the x-files show in the show with Gary Shandling and Tea Leoni (I wonder how she got that gig ).

The cards (I got an embossed foil one) and the comics.

I LOVE the one with Gary Shandling and Tea, that one was hilarious.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:03 AM   #26
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by lmjhitman
from jose chung's 'from outer space':

Blaine Faulkner: "...the proper authorities showed up with a couple of men in black. One of them was disguised as a woman, but wasn't pulling it off. Like, her hair was red... but it was a little too red, you know? And the other one, the tall lanky one, his face was so blank and expressionless. He didn't seem human. I think he was a mandroid. The only time he reacted was when he saw the dead alien."

(Mulder makes a strange high pitched whoop)
That was the best episode ever! I'd completely forgotten what it was called - will have to track it down now.

Does anyone know the name of the eposide with all of the cockroaches?? That was pretty funny too - plus it was Scully on her own.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:19 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

I remember one time a bunch of us kids were together at a new years eve party (i think the age range was probably 8-10, i was probably 9) we were all watching x-files together, it was a first time for all of us, and something scary happened so all of us screamed and ran out of the room (guys and girls included).
Old 07-19-2005, 08:55 AM   #28
War Child

Local Time: 12:10 PM
fantastic show..........when i think of TV shows at their peak the only one i would rate higher than the X Files is 'The Simpsons'. But it blows every other show right out of the water..........
Old 07-19-2005, 11:13 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by karls77

That was the best episode ever! I'd completely forgotten what it was called - will have to track it down now.

Does anyone know the name of the eposide with all of the cockroaches?? That was pretty funny too - plus it was Scully on her own.
That was War of the Coprophages. That was a pretty funny episode too, but I'm scared to death of cockroaches, so I always had a hard time watching it.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #30
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:40 PM
One of my favorites was "Arcadia" where they had to play husband and wife to infilterate the gated community. And now I live in a neighborhood just like that!!

Post-Modern Prometheus is another classic. And Tales of a Cigarette Smoking Man!