WWE and other wrestling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It’s being said that some WWE officials have recently made contact with Raod Dogg and Billy Gunn in regards to a possible WWE return. Road Dogg was directly approached about the situation, however Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are both still under contract with TNA. If they did in fact come back to the company, there would have to be a penance to pay due to the inflammatory remarks they've made towards Triple H in interviews in the past.

Another idea would to have two younger wrestlers join the Degeneration X group with Triple H and Shawn Michaels to give them a rub like with The Evolution faction. As this point however, the "DX Reunion" set for June will simply consist of Shawn Michaels and Triple H being a tag team. "

source: http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=148/articles/news

Tyagu_Anaykus said:
good maybe she could ask some question to her aunt, no? I would love to see some spoilers!

Sarah doesn't like wrestling, so i feel theres no point in asking her.
She's a really nice girl and I don't really want to bother her with something she's not interested with.

Tyagu_Anaykus said:
Yes I noticed that. DX over Edge... I don't know... I just can't see Cena joining DX... And I sure hope not... Even though that could help him, don't you think?

i hope not either, even though it would help him go across as a heel

Tyagu_Anaykus said:

And this what I think... Do you guys think that this DX angle was, apart form HBK and HHH having fun, to take the spotlight from Cena? You know take the pressure of him... Because, since the hints of a DX return Cena's boos are becoming less and less...

Good point.
Also if you remember Edge won last year's MITB match, and he won the WWE title in February. Cena became a fan favourite again. So maybe McMahon came up with idea for Egde to win giving Cena back his popularity for a few weeks, more $$$ for McMahon in Cena merchandise.

:laugh:...............:mad: Oh, so other people can have boards like, ''flush JBL down the toilet'' and ''you suck'' and ''F - U'', but oh, wait, you can't have anti - Cena signs because he's a ''goody'' or it will hurt his feelings.

WWE can be a joke sometimes!

( But I still love wrestling! :wink: )

^ :lol:

Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter: Both Chris Benoit and JBL will be removed from TV for at least the new few weeks to recover from some nagging injuries. WWE has already put forth plans for SmackDown this week to write both off TV so their absence is explained.

In the case of Chris Benoit, one WWE wrestler had the following to say about WWE giving him time off to heal up: "He's been sore for a long time, and it's probably best for him to get proper rest and away from the grind of the road. For the good of Chris and really, in the big picture, the company, he needs time off."

As reported earlier, Benoit stated in an interview with The Sun in the UK recently that he has yet to sign a new contract with WWE.

waynetravis said:

Sarah doesn't like wrestling, so i feel theres no point in asking her.
She's a really nice girl and I don't really want to bother her with something she's not interested with.

:up: thats the right thing to do. About Cena maybe you're right because Vince's nowadays only concern is $$$.

............... Oh, so other people can have boards like, ''flush JBL down the toilet'' and ''you suck'' and ''F - U'', but oh, wait, you can't have anti - Cena signs because he's a ''goody'' or it will hurt his feelings.

WWE at its finest :censored:

Maybe they're lacking real competition... like in those WCW years...

Slightly off topic but also on topic. I caught a glimpse of what could have been a hall of fame induction programme a few weeks back. There was some mexican guy who used to roll up in a big pimped up car and it seems he has passed away. Who was he and how did he die? Was it a wrestling accident?

CKONE said:
Slightly off topic but also on topic. I caught a glimpse of what could have been a hall of fame induction programme a few weeks back. There was some mexican guy who used to roll up in a big pimped up car and it seems he has passed away. Who was he and how did he die? Was it a wrestling accident?

That was Eddie Guerrero.
He died of heart failure on November 13th 2005. He was 38.

:(

waynetravis said:

That was Eddie Guerrero.
He died of heart failure on November 13th 2005. He was 38.

:(

Thats sad - seemed to love his job.

Is his heart failure linked to wrestling? Do these massive guys pop pills to help with their bulk?

I know that bald guy that smashes beer cans and has a bad leg used to wrestle somewhere else ages ago in a tag team and he was a strip of a bloke. now he is huge. is that all natural hard work or is it accepted that these guys have help?

CKONE said:

Thats sad - seemed to love his job.

Is his heart failure linked to wrestling? Do these massive guys pop pills to help with their bulk?

from Wikipedia:

On the morning of November 13, 2005, Chavo Guerrero checked into a hotel with his uncle, Eddie Guerrero, in Minneapolis where they were both scheduled be a part of a planned WWE RAW and SmackDown! "Supershow". After Eddie missed a wake-up call, security opened his hotel room and Chavo found his uncle unconscious. Chavo attempted CPR, but 38-year-old Eddie was declared dead at the scene. Vickie Guerrero, Eddie's wife, later announced that an autopsy ruled the cause of death to be massive heart failure. Although he had been sober for four years, his past drug and alcohol problems had taken their toll on Guerrero, as had his gruelling wrestling work and WWE schedule.

Eddie died on the day that he had a match for the World Heavyweight Championship. The company held tributes to Guerrero on both RAW and SmackDown during the week following his death. On April 1, 2006 at the WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremonies during WrestleMania 22 weekend, Guerrero's wife Vickie accepted his posthumous induction into the WWE Hall of Fame by Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit and Chavo Guerrero.

Following Guerrero's death, Vince McMahon announced a new drug policy under which performers would be subject to random drug tests by an independent company and would receive regular medical physicals with an emphasis on cardiovascular health.

CKONE said:

I know that bald guy that smashes beer cans and has a bad leg used to wrestle somewhere else ages ago in a tag team and he was a strip of a bloke. now he is huge. is that all natural hard work or is it accepted that these guys have help?

That's Stone Cold Steve Austin, he does have knee issues aswell as neck and back problems. He has recently taken time out of WWE and is currenlty acting in Hollywood.

John Cena is also a huge guy, but he studied fitness and phisical education and knew how to get big on his own without the use of drugs

waynetravis said:

from Wikipedia:

On the morning of November 13, 2005, Chavo Guerrero checked into a hotel with his uncle, Eddie Guerrero, in Minneapolis where they were both scheduled be a part of a planned WWE RAW and SmackDown! "Supershow". After Eddie missed a wake-up call, security opened his hotel room and Chavo found his uncle unconscious. Chavo attempted CPR, but 38-year-old Eddie was declared dead at the scene. Vickie Guerrero, Eddie's wife, later announced that an autopsy ruled the cause of death to be massive heart failure. Although he had been sober for four years, his past drug and alcohol problems had taken their toll on Guerrero, as had his gruelling wrestling work and WWE schedule.

Eddie died on the day that he had a match for the World Heavyweight Championship. The company held tributes to Guerrero on both RAW and SmackDown during the week following his death. On April 1, 2006 at the WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremonies during WrestleMania 22 weekend, Guerrero's wife Vickie accepted his posthumous induction into the WWE Hall of Fame by Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit and Chavo Guerrero.

Following Guerrero's death, Vince McMahon announced a new drug policy under which performers would be subject to random drug tests by an independent company and would receive regular medical physicals with an emphasis on cardiovascular health.

That's Stone Cold Steve Austin, he does have knee issues aswell as neck and back problems. He has recently taken time out of WWE and is currenlty acting in Hollywood.

John Cena is also a huge guy, but he studied fitness and phisical education and knew how to get big on his own without the use of drugs

Sounds like it can be a bit of a minefield. I can see why a wrestler would be tempted to bulk up artificially just to be a top man and top earner.

WWE Launches ECW As Third Brand

STAMFORD, Conn., May 25, 2006 - World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., today announced the official launch of ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) as a brand extension to its RAW and SmackDown franchises.

After acquiring the ECW assets in 2003, WWE spent the past few years re-introducing ECW to the global WWE audience and increasing the interest in its unique brand of sports entertainment. To date, WWE has successfully released three ECW DVDs, all of which have become best sellers, and produced a very profitable ECW pay-per-view event in June 2005, with another ECW pay-per-view scheduled for this June 11, 2006. With consumer interest at an all-time high, WWE is introducing ECW as a complementary brand to RAW and SmackDown.

After keeping the ECW concept alive and creating an enormous cult-like following for all things ECW from DVDs to PPVs to books, we feel that now the time is right to officially launch ECW as its own stand-alone franchise, said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman. RAW, SmackDown and ECW now represent a portfolio of WWE brands for fans of all ages and interests to enjoy.

Similar to WWE's RAW and SmackDown brands, WWE will produce, market and promote a full line of ECW products from television programs to pay-per-views to live events to licensed consumer goods.

In a related announcement, The SCI FI Channel today announced it would start airing one-hour episodes of a new ECW live television program, debuting June 13 at 10 p.m. ET.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com

:rockon:

I think ECW will be on Sky Sports in the UK.
Also where abouts is the London offices?

Last edited:
Tyagu_Anaykus said:
cool, I expect hardocore matches. but you're lucky because here in portugal I don't know if they're gonna show the show....

ECW will probably be on the same channel as WWE is in your country :up:

WWE.com has a new article up featuring quotes from Vince McMahon about the new Extreme Championship Wrestling brand under WWE.

McMahon makes it clear from the start that he intends on taking the new ECW brand to global heights. "We will bring forward many of the more legendary characters of ECW’s past. But it can’t be the same. That’s pretty much impossible. It’s now five years later," said McMahon. "This is something that the ECW audience already realizes. They know that if ECW was still in business today, they would be very different from what they were five years ago."

McMahon also talks about how the weekly ECW series on the Sci Fi Channel, which has yet to be given an official name, will look and feel much more different than RAW and SmackDown. "It won’t be shot the same way we shoot SmackDown or RAW. It’ll have a different feel. It will be more gritty," said McMahon. As reported yesterday and confirmed by WWE in numerous press releases, the new ECW brand will debut on June 13 at 10pm ET on the Sci Fi Channel.

It is also noted that Paul Heyman will have a strong role with the new brand. However, his overall power is what has caused some to question the brand being brought back. McMahon furthers this by adding quote, "...at the end of the day, Mr. McMahon is in charge."

To read the full article, click here.

WWE.com posted the following today:

Orlando Jordan released
May 26, 2006

"World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Orlando Jordan. WWE wishes him all the best in his future endeavors. "

Saturday, May 27, 2006:

Orlando Jordan was issued his release from World Wrestling Entertainment this week. According to reports, this release was not a shock as many within the company were expecting it given the situation that took place at the SmackDown tapings this past Tuesday in Bakersfield, California.

Based on what is known, Jordan was originally scheduled to face Tatanka at the SmackDown tapings, but was pulled out of a pre-show meeting and sent away from the arena by WWE officials. Reports stated this took place due to WWE officials, including Vince McMahon, becoming extremely upset with Jordan bringing an unauthorized person with him on the road and backstage at events as well.

Jordan made his official WWE debut back in August of 2004 where he was introduced as JBL's "Chief of Staff" in a stable that also included The Basham Brothers. Jordan went on to hold the WWE United States Title and was reportedly close to being involved in a previously planned "bisexual" angle that was to involving former TNA star Trinity and a male friend of Jordan's who had no previous wrestling background. That storyline didn't end up taking place and the latest talking involving Jordan was to move him over to the new ECW brand. However, his release has killed all rumors now.

Credit: Mike Johnson @ PWInsider.com

WWE.com is reporting that Vince McMahon will announce the new General Manager for RAW this Monday night on the USA Network.

This comes literally five months after Eric Bischoff was removed as the General Manager for RAW. WWE had hinted at hiring a new one, but Vince McMahon assumed the "power" role ever since late December.

The website is also promoting Triple H vs. Kenny of The Spirit Squad and another face off between Paul Heyman and Mick Foley building towards the second ECW One Night Stand PPV on June 11.

I just saw. JBL quit smackdown :ohmy:

With Vince announcing the New General Manager of Raw, do you think JBL could be the one taking the place? I heard JBL wants to retire but before that he would like to be at RAW... Its a long shot but it could happen...

^ I think you may be right! :ohmy: And he's injured! We did see Kurt Angle as GM of Smackdown once before, this could well be going JBL's way as GM of RAW! But for some reason, I don't think he will be very good at it. :shrug:

^ :|

:shrug: ....................................

He's smart!

A self made multi - millionnaire, I admire that. He earned and learned a lot alot in his life.

This guy had only $27 in his pocket at one time in his life, now look where he is!

I don't know why, but beside his cockiness, I still respect him in a way. :shrug:

^ i wasn't laughing at you, i was laughing at the way you wrote your post "i still love JBL, crazy, crazy, crazy"

:reject:

Good post :up:

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that in regards to the announcement of RAW's new General Manager this Monday night, some of the rumored names include Dusty Rhodes, Shane McMahon, JBL and Jonathan "The Coach" Coachman.

When Eric Bischoff was removed as RAW's GM back in December, Dusty Rhodes was heavily rumored as being the one to replace Bischoff on TV in the role. However, WWE decided to put the angle on the backburner and they are now going forward with no promotion or build-up whatsoever.

JBL could also be another strong candiate given the storyline that was run on SmackDown this past Friday night where he was forced to leave the brand after losing to Rey Mysterio. Seeing as JBL needs time off from the ring to nurse some nagging injuries, he could be very likely and obviously has the talent on the mic for the role. Some feel Shane McMahon would be too predictable and that using The Coach wouldn't go over very well with the WWE audience. However, given how over The Coach is with the backstage WWE people and how long they have kept him off TV, anything is possible at this point.

U2 Beginner said:
^ I think you may be right! :ohmy: And he's injured! We did see Kurt Angle as GM of Smackdown once before, this could well be going JBL's way as GM of RAW! But for some reason, I don't think he will be very good at it. :shrug:

I take that back!!!!!!!!! :reject: 10x

I should have said that he gets booed a lot, I don't know if the fans would be too happy.

I would be happy with him being GM though!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: 10x :wink:

According to reports, Joey Mercury is being sent to drug rehab and this is why WWE made the decision to break MNM up. As noted earlier this week, both Johnny Nitro and Melina are scheduled to be moved over to RAW very soon.

The Undertaker will be returning to action for WWE at two SmackDown House Show events on June 17 and June 18 against The Great Khali. This will more than likely be Undertaker's first appearance in a WWE ring since the Judgment Day PPV as he rarely appears at House Show events.

Despite taking little time off, Kurt Angle will be in action for WWE at upcoming SmackDown events against World Heavyweight Champion Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry.

According to reports, "See No Evil" did an estimated $730,000 on Friday night. This took the movie to No. 7 overall for Friday and the film is already looking to be holding up better than previously expected. Early reports have the film winding up with $1.8 million after its second weekend and that it will pass the $8 million mark by next week.

We reported yesterday about some rumored names for the announcement of the new General Manager for RAW on Monday night. One of the names thrown out was JBL. However, it looks like WWE will be running an angle with JBL trying to "sue" to get back on SmackDown after a video clip was added on WWE.com yesterday. So, as of now, it appears JBL wouldn't be in the running for the spot unless plans have changed.

On a side note, Eric Bischoff was backstage at RAW this past Monday in Las Vegas. Based on what is known, Bischoff isn't expected to be brought back as the GM and appeared to have been simply visiting. For those unaware, Bischoff is still under contract with WWE.

^ Thanks for the info Wayne! :up:

Man, what is happening to Smackdown, its falling apart into pieces! :tsk: Batista's injured, Ken Kennedy's injured, Orton's suspended, Melina and Nitro are suspended and they're going to return on RAW, JBL's injured/gone, Chris Benoit's injured, Angle's just coming back from injury, Rey Mysterio's injured, now Joey Mercury is going to drug rehab?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sigh:

WE NEED A DRAFT LOTTERY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom