WWE and other wrestling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, and Taker's gonna beat Batista. I asked my bro about this match and he said Taker's gonna win by DQ. He's usually right.

Orton or Kennedy will win money in the bank. I just hope that The WWE hasn't given another win to Edge for his wrestlemania streak. Now that would suck and I will be very bored!

Dude, Taker ain't gonna win by DQ! Taker/Batista will more than likely be the last match of the night and there's NO WAY that Taker doesn't win the match cleanly. Taker will win with the Tombstone and we will have a new World Heavyweight Champion.

Cena can't win again in WM... come on...

or at least he shouldn't...

I don't know .. that's the only match I really can't see a clear finish...

I want HBK to win... just to make things interesting again...

or I hope this is the main event, and Cena wins only for MISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERR..... Kennedy.... :)shifty:... Kennedy) to cash his $ITB win, right there and that way WM 23 ends with a real bang

the odds are on Mr Kennedy, Orton, and CM Punk...

though I'd love for Matt Hardy to win

wait... can Little Bastard win this thing?... I think we'll see him climb that ladder alone, and the crowd would just love it... of course Finlay will kick him out of there

OMG... I WANT LITTLE BASTARD IN THAT FIGHT!!

littleboogeymanandlittlzy5.jpg

:lol:

I think WrestleMania 23 will be remembered for 3 or 4 events.

1- The Undertaker finally winning a major title again after a 5 year hiatus. Plus, continuing his streak at 15-0.
2- McMahon getting his head shaved bald and (excluding the Raw the next night) off of TV for hopefully a long damn time.
3- HBK perhaps defeating Cena for the WWE title after a 5 year hiatus from a major title victory.
4- Money in the Bank should be off the charts again this year. I'm not sure who will win, but it shouldn't be Edge. (Been there, done that.) I'm rooting for CM Punk to win.

< Staying up till 4 am to watch WrestleMania live! :crack:

I am so glad that Jim Ross is being inducted into the hall of fame! :hyper: He deserves it! :rockon: ( He's already been inducted, I think. Its now Sunday morning.... :shifty: )

WrestleMania is today baby!!!! :hyper:

Well, today is April 1st and tonight is Wrestlemania, the biggest show of the year for Pro Wrestling! Sadly, I won't be watching it because the show isn't worth 50 bucks for me to see it. But, I'll be reading all about it after it happens and making sure to catch Raw tomorrow night. Usually the Raw after Mania is the biggest Raw of the year as well. A couple of comments:
Batista better take a hard look at his World title belt because it will be the Undertaker's tonight at the end of the show.
McMahon better take a hard look at his full head of hair because it will be gone after Lashley defeats Umaga.
Will WWE crown a new WWE Champion tonight? I still don't know. I know most folks want HBK to win, but Cena's been a good champion and fought some of the best in the business the last two years. If HBK wins, though, will we see HHH come out and congratulate him or will he save that for behind the curtain?
Either way, it should be a good show and I hope anyone who watches it live enjoys it fully.

MISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER MONEY IN THE BANK...

...Money in the bank..!!

:rockon:

and Benoit winning?... this is good so far

What the heck!!!! :mad: :shocked: It's not live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: The results are on wwe.com right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :madwife:

Goodnight!

I did actually watch WrestleMania live afterall. The show was pretty solid, but there were few surprises.
John Cena retained the WWE title in a great bout with HBK. HBK worked hard but came up just short of victory. He refused to shake Cena's hand after the match, but Cena saluted him anyway.
Thankfully, the WWE Women's Title match was short and Ashley DIDN'T win. Melina's still the champ and Ashley still is lousy in the ring.
Mr Kennedy captured The Money in the Bank. Exciting match that saw Edge get taken out on a stretcher when Jeff Hardy came down off a ladder on top of him. Sick spot! CM Punk, Matt Hardy, Booker T and Finlay all worked hard during the match, but Randy Orton bumped out for the last 5 minutes and wasn't really a factor at the end.
Bottom Line: McMahon got his head shaved bald. 'Nuff said. Shane interfered, but it wasn't enough.
Kane lost to Khali, but managed to bodyslam him which looked cool.
And of course, finally, the Undertaker is the new World Heavyweight Champion after Tombstoning Batista in a brutal battle. Awesome to see Taker win! The only thing that was a little weird was that this match occurred at the midway point of the show. It should've been the last match. Taker wins and the fans go home happy. But, instead Cena/HBK was the last match and lots of fans just didn't give a shit when Cena won.
Another weird moment was when Lashley pinned Umaga, the bell rang during Stone Cold's 3 count of Umaga. I guess WWE knew that the bell guy fucked up because they never showed a replay of the pinfall.

MrPryck2U said:
lots of fans just didn't give a shit when Cena won.

Big surprise :rolleyes: I'm mad. Quite Mad... I mean its not like Cena won't sell merchandise just because he's not the champions. If he has fans and if the fans care for him they'll continue to buy the merchandise... but... thats just my opinion.
I'm quite mad because HBK showed why he's one of the best performers of all time. I'm mad because he outperformed (again) his opponent and yet make him look good. very good.
I know wrestling is scripted and all but this is too much! I mean the guy has had the belt for 20months in 24 possibles... Does anyone know if Cena is sleeping with Vince?!

And finally a good performance by Batista. Good powerslam on the annouce table.

The money in th bank was fantastic and the BoB was a good laugh.

but... GOD, CENA!!! :mad:

Most boring match ever - Hulk Hogan vs John Cena, in terms of wrestling only

from wrestleview.com:

For those who might have missed it, a fan hit the ring during the beginning of the John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels WWE Title Match at WrestleMania 23 last night at Ford Field in Detroit. Fans in attendance said the man wanted to streak, but referee Mike Chioda took him down. Michaels was spotted wanting to get in a shot on the fan, but Chioda stopped him from doing it. At that point, Michaels hopped up on the turnbuckle and Chioda rang the bell. However, according to The Wrestling Observer Michaels reportedly refused to start the match until the fan was removed as he wanted total attention on the main event.

Speaking of this match, my good friend JJ Sexay over at Wrestle Talk Radio gave me a phone call late last night and spotted something very interesting. When Michaels remained sitting on top of the turnbuckle before the main event got underway, there is a close-up camera shot of Michaels yelling something to the referee and Cena. I completely missed this the first time around. Apparently, Michaels yells something to the effect of, "Let's get this sh*t show over with, I've got a job to do." Again, the audio isn't great, but Michaels definitely said something that would lead many to believe that maybe plans were changed at the last minute for Cena to retain. Then again, many felt Cena would retain all along. Either way, it is an interesting thing to take a look at if anyone has a copy of the show from last night.

Maybe, he just wanted to get the match started. I thought HBK did the right thing, btw, waiting for the guy to be removed from the arena. It was the main event of WrestleMania. Why have some tool ruin the show?
Also, now that HBK is a devout Christian, I find it highly unlikely that he used any swear words. He doesn't even use the word "Hell" in his promos. I watched WM and the only thing I saw or heard was HBK waiting for the guy to leave. He did wave to the guy as they took him out.

One last note about Cena: His run of having the title 20 out of 24 months isn't so out of the ordinary. HHH had a pretty strong run from 2002 to 2004, so clearly WWE is just sticking with the guy they feel is the Man in their company. HBK had a great match with Cena, but HBK is nearing his mid-40's and Vince has been relying heavily on HBK since HHH got injured. I would imagine after Backlash, HBK will take a little bit of time off. The fans have been booing Cena for months, so I think in the next few months, he might turn heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom