WWE and other wrestling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Match of the Year tonight on Raw

Jeff Hardy vs Nitro Ladder Match

Crazy shit! Hardy swanton onto the ladder? Nitro standing drop-kick at the top of the ladder?

Jeff Hardy comes from the Mick Foley book of wrestling. Sacrifice the body for the career. Totally insane!

That was the match I sit through months and months of boring crap for. Every now and then you get a masterpiece.

:drool: amazing match! That Leg droop he made, jumping the ladder... :ohmy: :shocked:

and the powerbomb. I went "Holly f***, Nitro could be hurt!!"

anyway, Raw was very good.

I loved Lita last night. And the moonsault was amazing.

I read somewhere that Vince wanted Raw to be edgier... :rockon:

New Year's Revolution poster;

nyr07.jpg

I guess this means that DX will still be around by January. Ugh. I like HHH and I like HBK, but I'd rather watch them in singles action. And not against each other either.

2u9qsnp.gif

Kurt: woooo
Ric: woooooooo
Kurt: woooooooooooooo
Ric: woooooooooooooooooooooooo
Kurt: woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Ric: wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ahh, the good old days when Angle was in WWE. I wish Angle all the best in TNA, but he shit on WWE when he left there. Kurt made some good money in WWE. He could've taken the high road and said nothing, but TNA does like to bash WWE on their shows, so Kurt fit right in. It's true! It's damn true!

On this week's Raw, Flair bled like a stuck pig at the hands of Rated RKO. I guess these guys are bad or something. LOL! Anyway, why in Lord's name didn't DX return to help him? He was supposed to be the guest of honor at their little party and they were gonna meet him there. So, when he no showed, why didn't they check on him? It's drivin me crazy! Meanwhile, I guess DX and Rated RKO are still feuding. Ugh.

Last night at December to Dismember, Bobby Lashley emerged as the new ECW Champion. From what I've read, many fans have regarded this as the worst PPV of the year. And who could blame them? CM Punk has emerged as one of the top stars of ECW and he was eliminated first in the Extreme Elimination Chamber Match for the ECW title. Next, former ECW champ, RVD wasn't even around toward the end of the match because he was eliminated. Which left us Bobby Lashley against the Big Show. Lashley speared Show to get the victory. Before the match, Sabu was removed from the match and replaced with Hardcore Holly. Now, if you were an ECW fan, you were pumped to see Sabu taking part in this match when it was advertised, but really let down when Holly replaced him. Talk about bait and switch. Finally, Lashley has barely been in ECW and now he's the new champ. Yes, he's a physical specimen, but I don't think he deserved the title. It looks like RVD and Sabu are still paying for getting busted for drugs several months ago. I guess this is another example of WWE smoking crack before they book a PPV.

MrPryck2U said:
Last night at December to Dismember, Bobby Lashley emerged as the new ECW Champion. From what I've read, many fans have regarded this as the worst PPV of the year. And who could blame them? CM Punk has emerged as one of the top stars of ECW and he was eliminated first in the Extreme Elimination Chamber Match for the ECW title. Next, former ECW champ, RVD wasn't even around toward the end of the match because he was eliminated. Which left us Bobby Lashley against the Big Show. Lashley speared Show to get the victory. Before the match, Sabu was removed from the match and replaced with Hardcore Holly. Now, if you were an ECW fan, you were pumped to see Sabu taking part in this match when it was advertised, but really let down when Holly replaced him. Talk about bait and switch. Finally, Lashley has barely been in ECW and now he's the new champ. Yes, he's a physical specimen, but I don't think he deserved the title. It looks like RVD and Sabu are still paying for getting busted for drugs several months ago. I guess this is another example of WWE smoking crack before they book a PPV.

The PPV was so crap, it made Paul Heyman quit.

I believe that McMahon fired Heyman. From what I've read at PWinsider, he was fired and it's not a storyline. Bottom Line: McMahon set up Heyman for a fall. Heyman complained before and after the PPV that it was a stinker, but McMahon's "writers" were no help making the show better. McMahon has only himself to blame. He killed WCW and now he's killed ECW. McMahon's ego is out of control. He could've made tons of money on WCW and fucked that up and now he's fucked up ECW.

Tonight it's 3 hours of Raw starting at 8p. Oh Boy! I guess the real story is will we see Big Dick Johnson as Santa. Hopefully not.

Well, on the special 3 hour Raw this past Monday, we didn't get Big Dick playing Santa. Whew! No, we got a GW Bush impersonator "almost" using the n-word 3 times. Good Lord even!

Well, just a little bit of news for any wrestling fans still remaining out there. HHH tore his quadriceps muscle and he will be out of action for 4-6 months. The injury occured during his tag team match with Shawn Micheals against the team and Edge and Randy Orton at the New Year's Revolution PPV. HHH suffered the injury when he performed a spine buster on Randy Orton.
Also of note, last night on WWE Monday Night Raw, Vince McMahon did the unthinkable and had a Rosie impersonator and a Donald Trump impersonator battle it out in the ring. Unfortunately, the phony Donald got the win. The fans were the real losers, though.

Vince's mad...

LONG LIVE THE GAME!!! :rockon: Screw the rules. Play the Game

PS: Wrestlemania could be a very fucked up one now....

MrPryck2U said:
Well, just a little bit of news for any wrestling fans still remaining out there.

Not for much longer, personally.
i find myself falling to sleep during Raw or having the channel tuned in but only quickly glancing at it while working on the computer.

I hear ya. It's tough for me. I've been watching wrestling since 1983 and this is the worst it's ever been. Vince McMahon has completely and utterly shit on his fanbase. Silly me, I keep hoping that the show will get better, but it just gets worse every week. WWF/E has gotten worse and worse ever since Vince bought WCW. Then he foolishly killed it. This would turn out to be the first of many questionable moves that he has made over the next 5 years. Last night on Raw, he had a "Rosie vs. Donald" "match" where Vince sat ringside, heard the fans chanting "We Want Wrestling!" and "TNA", and did nothing but smile his Mr. McMahon smile. Vince doesn't give a shit about the fans. He just gives a shit about the merch. 2007 could be the year that Vince finally gets his just desserts. All of that bad karma has got to play out sometime.

for the first time ever, i decided to miss Raw lastnight.
i read the results and reviews of it and wasn't that impressed. so i decide to take a break from it for a while.

Ok, I'm keeping this wrestling thread alive. Currently, Pro Wrestling is not very good. WWE is the top "wrestling" company and they don't even care about their fans or their talent. They just care about selling merchandise. Then there's TNA. They've been around for 5 years and have come a long way. Kind of like WCW did back in the early 90's. Also like WCW, they're trying to compete with Vince McMahon's WWF/E. As a result they're starting to resort to some of the dumb storylines that WWE does. Then there's the Independent wrestling scene. The top indy promotion is Ring Of Honor. Both WWE and TNA have recruited wrestlers out of ROH. Samoa Joe and AJ Styles are top stars in TNA who work or worked for ROH. WWE's CM Punk also came from ROH. Punk is currently stuck on WWE's bastardization of ECW. WWE has defecated on ECW, but Punk has emerged as the star of WWE's third "brand". So there's a little overview of the current state of wrestling. The Major players are ok, but nothing great. The real action is over at ROH.

Shifting gears slightly for anyone that still gives a shit. Lol! Wrestling fans, I ask you, who is the best World Champion out there?
My vote is for Bret "Hitman" Hart: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be!

I might watch this weeks Raw.
According to what i've read, McMahon's promo was a F U to the Internet Wrestling Community.

Also im interesting in seeing HBK's match with Orton.

I'm a Stone Cold fan, so i would say he was.

But overall world champion, i would agree with you and say Bret Hart.
He was the main guy in the 80's and early 90's.

Also would'nt call the current WWE Title belt a championship, is a spinning novelty item :madspit:
They should bring back the globe belt from the late 90's :grumpy:

I liked Stone Cold a lot too. Funny you mentioning the current WWE championship belt. Just think, the last it looked "normal" was when it was around JBL's waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom