WWE and other wrestling. - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2006, 07:11 AM   #136
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyagu_Anaykus
cool, I expect hardocore matches. but you're lucky because here in portugal I don't know if they're gonna show the show....
ECW will probably be on the same channel as WWE is in your country

Quote:
WWE.com has a new article up featuring quotes from Vince McMahon about the new Extreme Championship Wrestling brand under WWE.

McMahon makes it clear from the start that he intends on taking the new ECW brand to global heights. "We will bring forward many of the more legendary characters of ECW’s past. But it can’t be the same. That’s pretty much impossible. It’s now five years later," said McMahon. "This is something that the ECW audience already realizes. They know that if ECW was still in business today, they would be very different from what they were five years ago."

McMahon also talks about how the weekly ECW series on the Sci Fi Channel, which has yet to be given an official name, will look and feel much more different than RAW and SmackDown. "It won’t be shot the same way we shoot SmackDown or RAW. It’ll have a different feel. It will be more gritty," said McMahon. As reported yesterday and confirmed by WWE in numerous press releases, the new ECW brand will debut on June 13 at 10pm ET on the Sci Fi Channel.

It is also noted that Paul Heyman will have a strong role with the new brand. However, his overall power is what has caused some to question the brand being brought back. McMahon furthers this by adding quote, "...at the end of the day, Mr. McMahon is in charge."

To read the full article, click here.
Quote:
WWE.com posted the following today:

Orlando Jordan released
May 26, 2006

"World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Orlando Jordan. WWE wishes him all the best in his future endeavors. "

Saturday, May 27, 2006:

Orlando Jordan was issued his release from World Wrestling Entertainment this week. According to reports, this release was not a shock as many within the company were expecting it given the situation that took place at the SmackDown tapings this past Tuesday in Bakersfield, California.

Based on what is known, Jordan was originally scheduled to face Tatanka at the SmackDown tapings, but was pulled out of a pre-show meeting and sent away from the arena by WWE officials. Reports stated this took place due to WWE officials, including Vince McMahon, becoming extremely upset with Jordan bringing an unauthorized person with him on the road and backstage at events as well.

Jordan made his official WWE debut back in August of 2004 where he was introduced as JBL's "Chief of Staff" in a stable that also included The Basham Brothers. Jordan went on to hold the WWE United States Title and was reportedly close to being involved in a previously planned "bisexual" angle that was to involving former TNA star Trinity and a male friend of Jordan's who had no previous wrestling background. That storyline didn't end up taking place and the latest talking involving Jordan was to move him over to the new ECW brand. However, his release has killed all rumors now.

Credit: Mike Johnson @ PWInsider.com
Quote:
WWE.com is reporting that Vince McMahon will announce the new General Manager for RAW this Monday night on the USA Network.

This comes literally five months after Eric Bischoff was removed as the General Manager for RAW. WWE had hinted at hiring a new one, but Vince McMahon assumed the "power" role ever since late December.

The website is also promoting Triple H vs. Kenny of The Spirit Squad and another face off between Paul Heyman and Mick Foley building towards the second ECW One Night Stand PPV on June 11.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #137
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:50 AM
Raw is getting interesting

Old 05-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #138
New Yorker

I just saw. JBL quit smackdown

With Vince announcing the New General Manager of Raw, do you think JBL could be the one taking the place? I heard JBL wants to retire but before that he would like to be at RAW... Its a long shot but it could happen...
Old 05-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #139
New Yorker

^ I think you may be right! And he's injured! We did see Kurt Angle as GM of Smackdown once before, this could well be going JBL's way as GM of RAW! But for some reason, I don't think he will be very good at it.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #140
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyagu_Anaykus
Raw is getting interesting

yeah, i agree. i liked this week's Raw

JBL GM?
Old 05-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #141
New Yorker

I still love JBL.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #142
Blue Crack Supplier

^ why?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #143
New Yorker

^

He's smart!

A self made multi - millionnaire, I admire that. He earned and learned a lot alot in his life.

This guy had only $27 in his pocket at one time in his life, now look where he is!

I don't know why, but beside his cockiness, I still respect him in a way.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #144
Blue Crack Supplier

^ i wasn't laughing at you, i was laughing at the way you wrote your post "i still love JBL, crazy, crazy, crazy"

Good post
Old 05-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #145
New Yorker

^ Whoops! Sorry!

Thanks!

Can't wait to see ECW!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that in regards to the announcement of RAW's new General Manager this Monday night, some of the rumored names include Dusty Rhodes, Shane McMahon, JBL and Jonathan "The Coach" Coachman.

When Eric Bischoff was removed as RAW's GM back in December, Dusty Rhodes was heavily rumored as being the one to replace Bischoff on TV in the role. However, WWE decided to put the angle on the backburner and they are now going forward with no promotion or build-up whatsoever.

JBL could also be another strong candiate given the storyline that was run on SmackDown this past Friday night where he was forced to leave the brand after losing to Rey Mysterio. Seeing as JBL needs time off from the ring to nurse some nagging injuries, he could be very likely and obviously has the talent on the mic for the role. Some feel Shane McMahon would be too predictable and that using The Coach wouldn't go over very well with the WWE audience. However, given how over The Coach is with the backstage WWE people and how long they have kept him off TV, anything is possible at this point.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:17 AM   #147
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by U2 Beginner
^ I think you may be right! And he's injured! We did see Kurt Angle as GM of Smackdown once before, this could well be going JBL's way as GM of RAW! But for some reason, I don't think he will be very good at it.
I take that back!!!!!!!!! 10x

I should have said that he gets booed a lot, I don't know if the fans would be too happy.

I would be happy with him being GM though!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10x
Old 05-28-2006, 07:39 AM   #148
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
According to reports, Joey Mercury is being sent to drug rehab and this is why WWE made the decision to break MNM up. As noted earlier this week, both Johnny Nitro and Melina are scheduled to be moved over to RAW very soon.

The Undertaker will be returning to action for WWE at two SmackDown House Show events on June 17 and June 18 against The Great Khali. This will more than likely be Undertaker's first appearance in a WWE ring since the Judgment Day PPV as he rarely appears at House Show events.

Despite taking little time off, Kurt Angle will be in action for WWE at upcoming SmackDown events against World Heavyweight Champion Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry.
Quote:
According to reports, "See No Evil" did an estimated $730,000 on Friday night. This took the movie to No. 7 overall for Friday and the film is already looking to be holding up better than previously expected. Early reports have the film winding up with $1.8 million after its second weekend and that it will pass the $8 million mark by next week.
Quote:
We reported yesterday about some rumored names for the announcement of the new General Manager for RAW on Monday night. One of the names thrown out was JBL. However, it looks like WWE will be running an angle with JBL trying to "sue" to get back on SmackDown after a video clip was added on WWE.com yesterday. So, as of now, it appears JBL wouldn't be in the running for the spot unless plans have changed.
Quote:
On a side note, Eric Bischoff was backstage at RAW this past Monday in Las Vegas. Based on what is known, Bischoff isn't expected to be brought back as the GM and appeared to have been simply visiting. For those unaware, Bischoff is still under contract with WWE.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:54 AM   #149
New Yorker

^ Thanks for the info Wayne!

Man, what is happening to Smackdown, its falling apart into pieces! Batista's injured, Ken Kennedy's injured, Orton's suspended, Melina and Nitro are suspended and they're going to return on RAW, JBL's injured/gone, Chris Benoit's injured, Angle's just coming back from injury, Rey Mysterio's injured, now Joey Mercury is going to drug rehab?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED A DRAFT LOTTERY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 06:26 AM   #150
New Yorker

Yeah.. It seems Smackdown is doomed... But there's hope... Batista, ORton and Missssssttteeeerrrrr Kennedy will return soon.

Joey Mercury to drug rehab?!