WRESTLEMANIA XX... Will you watch it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WRESTLEMANIA XX... Who'll be watching?

I know I won't :sad: ...

*begs for a free antena and free ppv*

WM XX :drool:

WrestleMania_XX_Garden.gif

haven't watched wrestling probably since around the time of last year's wrestlemania, but seeing as it will likely be Mick Foley's final match ever... in the garden... i'm all over that.

foleyisgood.jpg

Last edited:
:hyper:

(btw... this is not Foley's last match... he could go one on one with Orton at Backlash and maybe some others classics with Flair :wink:... :drool:)

I sat next to Shawn Michaels once at a Spurs game in San Antonio. My dad got tickets from his company on the floor 3rd row and when we got there I was like whoa! That's Shawn michaels! SO I begged my dad to sit next to him. He was really really nice and talked to me for awhile. And his girlfriend was like :ohmy: She had an awesome body.

i'll be watching for sure.

me and a couple friends have had a WM party every year since i was 8 years old. even though i don't really follow wrestling anymore, it's fun getting together once a year for it.

mikal said:
i'll be watching for sure.

me and a couple friends have had a WM party every year since i was 8 years old. even though i don't really follow wrestling anymore, it's fun getting together once a year for it.

:up:

exactly... and wrestlemania is always a good show...

and having wrestlemania at the garden, where it all began... i only wish i had tickets... and on that note, i done thinks i shall be listening to the radio a lot more than i usually do these next few days... maybe some of the local NY stations will be giving away some WMXX tix...

and as for foley, ya never really know wether he'll continue or not... but i'm gonna guess that this will be his final match. what better way for a good long island boy to go out than with a wrestlemania match at madison square garden? it's just perfect.

as long as shawn michaels wins, i'll be happy!

plus, the taker is coming back!!!

For you guys who are still up on it, what kind of numbers are they drawing now? I haven't watched in ages (well, since my kids were born about 5 years ago and morality became more of an issue). I know in the late 90's, they were selling out arenas all over the country...

I wish I could watch it...I would so go to the famous players here in Edmonton to watch it on the big screen, but I work until 6 on sunday :( I really want to see it, so I'll probably end up waiting for the dvd...the card looks great!

I would like to see Foley at backlash....since I'm going to be there, but I think he should have his last match at WM XX.

zoney! said:
"PRO" Wrestling is NOT a sport.

It is entertainment (at its lowest too).

Way to start shit in a thread zoney. Aren't we not supposed to do this kind of thing? If you don't like Pro Wrestling...don't open the topic....you should know better.

Last edited:
you're right zoney. as an athlete myself, i don't consider pro wrestling to be a sport. i also don't consider nascar or horse racing to be a sport either, but i don't go around complaining about those sort of threads.

pro wrestling isn't a sport, but pro wrestlers are most certainly athletes... and some of them, like kurt angle for example, are some of the best athletes in the world...

wrest2.jpg

that being said, yes... outcomes are pre-determined. doesn't mean some of us can't watch this low, moraly repulsive form of entertainment, and enjoy both the soap opera like story lines as well as the athleticsim of the entertainers.

:shrug:

Last edited:
Relax people(Edgeman). Where does it say I can't have an opinion? Athletic (sports) competitions do not have a pre-determined outcome. Therefore, wrestling is NOT A SPORT. It is entertainment. And if you think it is a sport, I have some nice "coastal" property for you near Mexico -or- I have some friends in Africa who have some nice investment opportunities for you.

Now....Headache is right on...the majority of the men and women involved in this type of entertainment are true athletes (accomplished from many fields of play). And I am not taking away from that. I am merely saying that this brand of pro wrestiling is not a sport.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
pro wrestling isn't a sport, but pro wrestlers are most certainly athletes... and some of them, like kurt angle for example, are some of the best athletes in the world...
:up:

Okay...I apologise Zoney, but at the time I viewed your post as an attempt to start a fight. Im not mad at you, I was just a little annoyed. You're right, wrestling isn't a sport...it's sports entertainment. And Headache is very right...the athletes involved in the WWE are just that...athletes.

The question then becomes; are bowling, golf, darts, billiards, baseball, croquet, and lawn bowling all sports? They each have specialized skills, and you by no means have to be in any sort of peak physical athletic condition to play but they each involve physical movement, plus the outcome isnt fixed... so... yes? I wouldn't necessarily agree, but, I'm just playing devil's advocate 'cause I really dont care either way. :wink:

I had wanted to see two parts of Wrestlemania: the rock and sock connection match, and the Undertaker's return (after they spent so much time building it up). I've been looking forward to that for a long, long time now... finally remedying the five years of absolute suck which were the 'American Badass' years. I shall have to watch RAW tonight. Dead man walking.

Back
Top Bottom