Wowza another Lunar Eclipse tonight (last until 2010)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kafrun said:
I would've missed if Cari hadn't reminded me :wink: I ran outside in just jeans and a hoodie to watch for a while. I felt sort of lame for not staying and watching, but it was bloody cold and it kind of just sits there, doesn't it? :shrug: lol Glad I caught it while it was happening though. Neat-o :nerd:
Yeah, I popped outside a few times to look at it, but it was just too damn cold to hang around freezing my tail off to watch an anticlimactic event I've witnessed numerous times before :shrug:

Too cloudy to see it here... it's always too cloudy here when cool things happen. :|
Even when it's not cloudy the city lights ruin things. Stupid Las Vegas.

yeah.. it was pretty cool.. I caught it last nite.. walked out on my back deck in my pjs and slippers.. brrrrrrrrr....

tried to take a pic of it with my digital camera...... PHAIL!! NADA...BOO...:(

misfit toys said:
From my son's telescope:

DSCF4585.jpg

DSCF4610.jpg

DSCF4615.jpg

DSCF4651.jpg

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY NICE AND CLOSE... :ohmy:

Misfit, those are AWESOME!! I saw the 1st part of it and then I was watching a play so I missed the 'total' part. I guess I have to wait two years now. Here's the only picture we got - it's from my 4 year old son, after we explained what an eclipse is.

2281220729_2b680e56d5.jpg

Last edited:
I saw it as well. After giving the kiddies a bath, I took them outside to see it.
We were trying to take a pic, but it did not work. I'm glad to see the one's posted here. NICE job. :up:

Liesje said:
As evident here, I REALLY need a remote shutter release. I think I'll have blurring no matter how careful I am, if I still have to press the button.

I think we were still in the car when the total eclipse happened.

2281081866_095c5a32c5.jpg

2281081470_6103502039.jpg

2281081770_c3fe7beb86.jpg

Lies, your camera is amazing! I tried taking a picture out the front door just as the eclipse started, but my poor little wimpy camera just couldn't handle it--had to lighten this tremendously just to see what it was! We did get to see the views you got out the side window of the house, because it was arctic cold! :lol:

WinterNight022008.jpg

MsPurrl said:

Lies, your camera is amazing! I tried taking a picture out the front door just as the eclipse started, but my poor little wimpy camera just couldn't handle it--had to lighten this tremendously just to see what it was! We did get to see the views you got out the side window of the house, because it was arctic cold! :lol:

WinterNight022008.jpg

That's kinda freaky looking, in a cool way! If I lighten my pics, I get the same sort of thing (it gets all noisy, but you can see the trees). I lucked out b/c we had a clear night (for ONCE!) and I have a 17x (@8MP) on my new camera.

My brother and his wife warmed up the car, then went out in their jammies and coats to a dark country road and viewed the eclipse with binoculars. He said they were just hoping that some "county mountie" didn't come by and ask them if they "weren't a bit too old for that sort of thing?" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom