Wow, the Chili Peppers suck ass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hey-oh,
Listen what I say-oh
I got your hey-oh
Now listen what I say-oh

Wow, that's so "daring!" Cutting edge, baby! Why can't U2 make music like this? :happy:

:|

Hearing this as a single on the radio just reminds me how lame RHCP really are.

A shame really.
It's really musical bliss for the last 30 seconds.

Stade d'Arcade has some gems on it, such as Hard to Concentrate.

Utoo said:
Hey-oh,
Listen what I say-oh
I got your hey-oh
Now listen what I say-oh

Wow, that's so "daring!" Cutting edge, baby! Why can't U2 make music like this? :happy:

Hearing this as a single on the radio just reminds me how lame RHCP really are.

I :love: you and I agree:drool:

Pwned. Great thread
icontardag3.gif

:laugh:

So you're dismissing bands based on choice lines of lyrics?

Well there goes, well, basically the entire genre of Motown.

"Sha la la la" I mean WTF were they thinking!

I refuse to accept an argument that U2 (or anyone else, for that matter) are repetitive, uncreative sellouts to mainstream from anyone who thinks this uninspired crap is good music. It sounds like a 14-year-old's submission to the high school literary club. Interesting bass lines do not = interesting music. I'd rather hear "knees" a million times than fucking "California."

Fess up now so I can ignore your posts.

Since when have the Chili Peppers been known for their lyrical genius?

I'd take anything off of Stadium Arcadium over 95% of what's on the radio.

It truly does bring SexyBack.

Last edited:
Start ignoring mine, I guess. I love Stadium Arcadium. Not their best, but a great album. One of the better ones this year.

Utoo, RHCP is the maybe #4 band in popularity around here (I don't care much for them). After U2, it's: Radiohead, Coldplay, then RHCP. Be careful :wink:.

ntalwar said:
Utoo, RHCP is the maybe #4 band in popularity around here (I don't care much for them). After U2, it's: Radiohead, Coldplay, then RHCP. Be careful :wink:.

I agree with you and Utoo about RHCP, Radiohead are very hit and miss for me, they mostly bore me though, and Coldplay's last album sucked supremely. :happy:

Songs like Wet Sand, Especially In Michigan, Hey, Slow Cheetah, Made You Feel Better, Stadium Arcadium etc. are all really really good.

By the way, you forgot to mention this gem of a lyric from a certain other band...

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Genius. :drool:

Tell Me Baby is the worst song I've heard this year...bland and RHCP in auto-pilot.

Though I reckon Californication is the bees knees, and Aeroplane and Shallow Be Thy Game from OHM are cracking little tunes

Yeah, Tell Me Baby was a bad choice for single! I have no idea why they released that one instead of perfect single material like Hump De Bump and Slow Cheetah. :banghead:

Zootlesque said:

By the way, you forgot to mention this gem of a lyric from a certain other band...

vertigo? :hmm:

Yeah, 'Tell Me Baby' isn't very good at all.

The thing about RHCP is that while I like them and while they've written some decent tunes, they're not godly in any way shape or form. The guy who lives next door to me absolutely worships them, and I don't consider them anything special enough to worship. After awhile, all of their songs sound the same. I know that's a cliche criticism, but it's pretty true in some cases. This is, of course, all my opinion, but I just feel like they get a lot more credit than they deserve.

People should listen to more Wilco.

Bah people should listen to 'Hard to Concentrate' before they slag off the band.

I didn't care for them much for a while. Yeah, I liked a couple of songs, but no big deal. Then I listened to Stadium Arcadium and it grew on me. Saw them live and really enjoyed it. I play the album quite often. But to each his/her own :shrug:

No interest in Radiohead whatsover. I tried listening to a CD a friend here made for me, but just didn't appeal to me (sorry Amy!) :reject: And not into Coldplay either :der:

Gonna take Canadien's suggestion and listen to Hard To Concentrate. Again :drool:

Last edited:
martha said:
:shrug:

I can't see what the big dang deal is about RHCP either. I think they're sucky, too.

Change "think" to "know," and I agree with you 500%. It took me like three weeks to finish Stadium Arcadium, it was so fiendishly bad...

Just interesting some people ready to rip U2 for sounding "mainstream" on the other hand proudly wave their worship flags for post Californication/By the way RHCP, Keane etc.

If you shout... said:

It took me like three weeks to finish Stadium Arcadium, it was so fiendishly bad...

I bought it when it first came out and I still haven't finished listening to it, I figured it's just not to my taste :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

See. that's the thing. Everyone's tough on U2 lyrically, but bands like RHCP don't get the same scrutiny. really they have very few lyrics that make me go "wow," while U2 has a lot of those.

and for the record I love RHCP, I love the song Snow, I love Stadium Arcadium

inmyplace13 said:
After awhile, all of their songs sound the same. I know that's a cliche criticism, but it's pretty true in some cases.

Cliche or not, that's exactly my problem with them. I can take them in very small, spread out doses, but to sit down and listen to an album? Not so much. In fact, that overplayed piece of crap (IMO) Dani California was enough to turn me off them for the next year or so.

Let me revise and say that RHCP didn't always suck ass...but they have in the last couple of years.

Let me also revise "uninspired crap." Meant to say "uninspired drivel." Much more erudite. Plus, it rhymes with "swivel." And if I hold out the syllables, I can make it rhyme with "navel" and you see a lot of those in "California."

Yeah, I'm half-joking in my harshness. But I just don't think that they've had anything amazing in quite a while, yet they're still adored. Meanwhile, other bands get held to such amazing standards and slagged for fine details....yet a band with mostly mediocrity, a boatload of "mainstream," and a handful or two of gems shining through gets people so excited. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom