wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
sitting around the house on this lazy victoria day when my cell phone rings.
it's an area code i've never seen. i wonder which one of my friends is gonna run up my bill this time.

but no. it is a man, he says he is a professor at mit???, he tells me he has just read a paper i wrote????, and he really likes it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
?, we talk about it for a bit and i agree to send him an earlier one i wrote
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. he asks me to keep mit and himself in mind as a good possibility for graduate study.

i never even found out how on earth he got my paper let alone phone number. it has to be one of my current profs since i've never submitted anything for publishing...as far as i know...but still quite cool to be thought of...

That's great! Congrats!

The academic journal I sent my most recent paper turned it down
frown.gif
though they said a few nice things about it...

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

That happened to me this one time...I wrote a paper and Harvard all called me up on the 4th of July and said, "hey, I want YOU to come to this school, call me when you get a chance!" And THEN I woke up with a serious case of sunburn
wink.gif

OMC!!! That is SO awesome!!

I got you some balloons.

balloons.gif

Oh, and kobe, since you are sooo good to me about educating me about Canada, could you explain to me Victoria Day please?

------------------
Anticipation is a liar.

congrats

sounds like a very good opportunity

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

OMG those balloons are huge Lilly, lol...

congrats kobayashi

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

congrats....i hope everything works out for you...

------------------
In the Kamigata area they have a sort of tiered lunch box they use for a single day when flower viewing. Upon returning, they throw them away, trampling them underfoot. As might be expected, this is one of my recollections of the capital [Kyoto]. The end is important in all things.
-from the book Hagakure:The Book of the Samuri by Yamaoto Tsunetomo

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
what was the paper about?

it was a socioeconomic comparative study of communications network roll-out in south africa and china. i focused on broadband and wireless penetration into the emerging markets of these two.

thanks for the kind words. it really came as a surprise especially since i haven't spent that much time thinking about grad school and if i do what i wanna study.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-21-2002).]

Originally posted by Lilly:
Oh, and kobe, since you are sooo good to me about educating me about Canada, could you explain to me Victoria Day please?

if i remember grade school correctly it is a celebration of queen victoria's birthday on may 24th. i think king edward the 7th(???) who was born some other time is also celebrated that day. tho i'm not certain.
over time, and thanks in large part to molson and labatt, victoria day became the marker for the start of summer. note the may 2-4 weekend
biggrin.gif

*pats kobi on the back*

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Back
Top Bottom