Would you rather...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you prefer (please see post for details)?

• Option a

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Option b

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
a. Live your life fully, experience all the highs and lows, all the good things and bad things, all the addictions like cigarettes, alcohol, weed etc., thrills like skydiving etc, live life somewhat dangerously and die at 60?

OR

b. Live a mostly safe life and still have a good amount of fun in your own way but without any strong addictions like cigarettes, alcohol etc. and live up to 80?

i mean, i know people that didnt drink, didnt smoke and never did anything wild that died at around 70, and i know people that have been smoking, drinking and had fun that are above 90 today.

U2Man said:
i mean, i know people that didnt drink, didnt smoke and never did anything wild that died at around 70, and i know people that have been smoking, drinking and had fun that are above 90 today.

But surely they were exceptions!

I don't smoke but I drink socially. Hopefully I'll be in-between and live up to 70 at least! :lol:

Haha! Does that mean you get tempted sometimes when you're with friends? :wink:

There was a time in grad school when I would feel like smoking a little everytime I got drunk. But even then, I hated it after doing it.

A - I just can't comprehend a life without some kind of addiction!

I picked b because I haven't done any drugs or drank and I really have no interest in it :shrug: I suppose when I'm of age I'll probably end up drinking socially sometimes, but I'm the kind to get drunk at parties.

so does living life fully = doing drugs? because I think that's a narrow view. isn't living life fully just doing all the things you really want to do in life?

I cant answer, because i'm not going to do drugs, or smoke, or be an addict in anyway (besides blue crack addict :wink: ) but yet I'm going to fullfil everything in life I dreamed of. You dont have to do drugs to live life adventureous. And I'm going to live long. Is this poll saying that you can only live a great life if you are a smoker and do drugs? Because that doesn't make sense, at all. So I'm not going to answer this poll. :)

Oh no! I'm not saying you live life fully only if you smoke, drink or do drugs! Please don't misunderstand. Maybe I should've worded it in a better way. Option A is living life dangerously whether it be addictions, thrill seeking activities, adventurous sports or whatever. Option B is being safe for the most part and enjoying things like music, movies etc. instead of smoking, drinking, thrills and so on.

Granted, you may like certain things from both options. I'm like that actually!

Way too broad of a question. There's middle ground between playing things safe and living dangerously. What about the person that takes calculated risks, someone who is not a constant thrill seeker but who will jump out of a plane that one time, or raft those rapids once in a while.

Hell, Zoot, you just took a risk, in my opinion. You upped and left your job and where you live, and moved to a totally new place with a totally new job. That's a form of risk.

Lastly, I never have done drugs or smoked, and never will. Drank a bit in years past, but never too often and rarely too much. Yet, I love my life and always will. Whatever thrill I got from my times being drunk is so dwarfed by the thrills I've gotten from traveling, or meeting new people, or even attending concerts and sporting events. There will never be a high for me like the feelings I felt upon riding the Tube in London for the first time, or taking a train from Salzburg to Vienna, or wandering around Tokyo with the biggest grin you've ever seen just because I was in fucking TOKYO!!! That's the kind of adventure and high I like, and, if I'm ever gonna be an addict, let me be addicted to exploring and learning and just enjoying myself on my terms.

Last edited:
I plan to die one day after I no longer have any funds whatsoever and no means to get any more. :yes:

Zootlesque said:
Haha! Does that mean you get tempted sometimes when you're with friends? :wink:

There was a time in grad school when I would feel like smoking a little everytime I got drunk. But even then, I hated it after doing it.

the answer is yes.

but i dont hate it afterwards. i dont like it either. :shrug:

I don't have any addictions, I just drink socialy at parties but I don't get drunk. Still I want to live my life to the full, but I don't have any interests about drugs and so on... So it's b for me...

I want to live life fully and take risks and experience the thrills, the highs and lows. That life to me is about managing to get into a plane (I have a fear of flying), see the world, travel, keep seeing new cultures, speaking new languages, maybe having a family...
To me there is nothing more thrilling or scary than leaving your country and moving somewhere completely different for a year. Travelling is probably my addiction.

And I still want to live until I'm a ripe aul age.

:up:

can I vote?

Keith_Richards.jpg

Back
Top Bottom