Would you rather...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you prefer (please see post for details)?

• Option a

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Option b

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters
A because alcohol and ganja are ace.

:up:

Plus, studies by top dentists show that dying young is glamorous.

I voted B, since I'm pretty much living that way already. :laugh: My life is kind of simple and quiet at times, but it is satisfying. I enjoy it. I don't need to seek out big thrills and wild times.

B - Sounds pretty much like what I have been/am/will continue doing and it's working just fine. I experience plenty of fun and "good things" that have nothing to do with substance addiction :giggle:

Zootlesque said:
a. Live your life fully, experience all the highs and lows, all the good things and bad things, all the addictions like cigarettes, alcohol, weed etc., thrills like skydiving etc, live life somewhat dangerously and die at 60?

OR

b. Live a mostly safe life and still have a good amount of fun in your own way but without any strong addictions like cigarettes, alcohol etc. and live up to 80?

Well it stands to reason that if I live a mostly safe life and don't smoke and drink then I'll live to 80 ANYWAY.....lol.

But nonetheless......the answer for me is B. I hope to have all my original parts buried with me and, G-d willing, I hope to die after having gone into the Guinness book of records as the oldest, healthiest woman on earth.

I dont smoke or drink alcohol or coffee and I don't feel like I'm missing out on something...

Would like to try something thrilling like
skydiving one day... But I would probably take an extra parachute with me.

B is my choice, but I live how I want, do what I want, live each day to its fullest and without addictions too. I am not afraid of death and I have no regrets.

What's the point of this poll? :wink:

U2Man said:
i mean, i know people that didnt drink, didnt smoke and never did anything wild that died at around 70, and i know people that have been smoking, drinking and had fun that are above 90 today.

Yep, definitely the norm:wink:

I have been on both sides of this fence...

my personal view is that addictive behavior as a way to live life fully is a cheap substitute for the real thing...and no it ain't "better than the real thing."

Being fair, I know that not all dangerous behavior is not necessarily addictive. I believe in taking risks that empower you as opposed to taking risks that fuck you up in the long run.

My vote is somewhere in between.

Back
Top Bottom