Would You Buy a DVD of "Love Actually"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
I saw most of the flick... I'm conflicted about this movie on whether I like this movie or if I think it sucks to high heaven... Since I am on a DVD buying spree, do people think it is worth buying?

For some reason I am smitten with Miss Martine McCutcheon (Natalie). Hmmmph....

Well, my opinion is only mine...doesn't have to be yours or anything. So what's my opinion? I think that Love Actually is one of the worst films that I've personally seen in the last five years. I cringed...Billy Bob Thornton gives one of the worst cameo-type performances which I've EVER seen. Jesus Christ, did I hate this movie. I found it poorly-shot, poorly-composed, VERY poorly-acted, VERY poorly-/predictably-written, and oh-so-cliche'. I'm big on the sappy stuff...but not of this variety, apparently. I'd personally try to steer you WAY the fuck away from this flick, but that's just me. It was fairly popular, so I'm probably in the minority.

Ah, he was a tool, of course, but Hugh Grant totally kicks his ass!

I seriously did like it. I've watched it several times.

I thought Emma Thompson saved it from being a complete disaster.

I thought the movie was decent, but no, I wouldn't buy it on DVD. And I have way more DVDs than any person should.

I love the movie and own the dvd. I can, and do, watch it many times during the holidays. :) I'm also a huge colin firth fan. The Brits I work with love the part where colin (not firth, the character named colin) goes to the US. :laugh:

"I feel in my fingers. I feel it in my toes. Christmas is all around us, and so the feeling grows". LMAO.

It's a great holiday movie for adults. It put ME in a good mood and I'm perhaps the most pessimistic person I know.

Buy it, watch it with your friends and you'll enjoy Christmas a whole lot more.

It does give the world a somewhat warped view of the British but it certainly has it's moments and is slightly slushy in a good sort of way.

Back
Top Bottom