Would it kill them to put the name of the album on the actual cd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Really. Sure the related artwork is all fancy and shit, but when I'm dealing with 80 cds for a vacation, I need the fucking names on the actual cds. I'm not gonna remember artwork in St. Louis; I just want to know which cd it is.

Now the offenders have the cd name (and artist) written on it in Sharpie. HA! Showed them. It's small and discreet, but now I know which record is which.

/rant

So do I, but just not for travel anymore. Too much of a pain in the ass, as you already well know.

I like the sound of whippersnapper! Makes me feel younger than I actually am.

:lol:

I love my iPod as much as one can love an inanimate object, but I also really love having my CDs around. I love my apartment full of CDs and books.

Downloading whole albums off iTunes is out of the question for me.

: hugs entire CD collection close to heart :

corianderstem said:
I also really love having my CDs around. I love my apartment full of CDs and books.

Downloading whole albums off iTunes is out of the question for me.

: hugs entire CD collection close to heart :

We could be roomies, but there would be no room for our cds and books. :love:

I love my iPod - I find it indispensable for travel, gym, walking, public transport, or when I just want to listen to the variety of music in bed or at the computer.

But I'm not giving up CDs, :heart: There's just no romance or tactile pleasure in having all of my music sit on hard drive as a bunch of faceless MP3 files. I like clutter at home and my ever-growing CD collection is great for showing-off to the visitors, ;) Besides, as a graphic designer I've got a special interest in the visual side of music, and though a lot of CD cover art is pretty crappy some of the artwork and packaging is just pure pleasure to own.

I've got a whole list of pet peeves when it comes to CDs: super-sticky labels, track lists hidden inside the booklet, unnumbered tracks, undecipherable fonts, etc.

Buy some removable labels and a pen. it's been a long standing pet-peeve of mine for unlabelled cds, including Zooropa.

Don't use one of those label makers, they can peel off the top layer of a CD, cwhich can contain some of the music.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
Buy some removable labels and a pen. it's been a long standing pet-peeve of mine for unlabelled cds, including Zooropa.

At least the Zooropa CD is recognizable, despite the lack of title/artist. Purple with spots! Only one CD I own looks like that. :wink:

I guess i'm similar to most people in this thread. I love my cd's! I love getting new ones and reading the liner notes and seeing if I recognize any names in the acknowledgements. There is nothing quite like opening a cd, even though they love to make it harder and harder.

I do have an MP3 player but I am anti ipod. I just don't like the format and the monopoly they have. I prefer making my computer my jukebox and leaving Itunes alone.

I also love CD packagng - the anticipation.... New band photos, liner notes, lyrics... all good. I also have an MP3 player (Creative - not an iPod), but still buy a lot of CDs instead of downloading.

Back
Top Bottom