Worst song ever recorded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the kids in my high school like that ignorant piece of crap song "Bodies" by Drowning Pool but I think it sucks and is possibly the worst song ever ever recorded. Do you agree with me or do you have a worse one?

Don't know if I have heard it , Miss Muffin, but I will make myself sick just for you so I can come up with a piece of crap to fit into your thread.

What was that song by Chumbawhamba a couple of years back-that was utter shit(e)

Anything from limp bizkit could probably fit

That Bubba Sparxxxxxxxxxx song from mtv was a very ugly song, performed by a ridiculous looking "performer"

I'm sorry, it will come to me sometime, but I must go because I have taken ill

Well, personnally I think Stevie Wonder's I Just Called to Say I love You is the worst song in history...esp considering some of the great stuff he's done.

z edge, do u mean "I Get Knocked Down (But I Get Up Again)" by Chumbawhamba???...if u do, I agree, that was crap!
smile.gif

That Janet Jackson song that goes something like "all the girls in my party look at that body, shaking that thing...blah blah nice-backside, gonna have to ride it tonite"
tongue.gif

Yes BV

no Banana Muffin it's not your fault, these horrible songs make me ill.

Three words..... Achy Breaky Heart. End of discussion.

------------------
me3

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
That Janet Jackson song that goes something like "all the girls in my party look at that body, shaking that thing...blah blah nice-backside, gonna have to ride it tonite"
tongue.gif

Ugh, Sula.. that is a wretched song. I have to agree with you, but the Drowning Pool song, Bodies, is awful too.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by OzAurora:
absolutely anything by either Mariah or Whitney or any other wailing 'R n B' singer, in fact all r n b sucks in my opinion and I hate, hate, hate how it dominates the charts- blargh!!!!- YUK!!!!

OMG
eek.gif
How could I forget?! Whitney and Mariah both make #1 worst with me.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Who Let The Dogs Out
Macarena
Ice Ice Baby-or whatever that was called
That song from Flashdance
" " Footloose
Anything by Milli Vanilli
tongue.gif

Coincidentally, most of these songs are featured on the "Top 100 One-hit" Wonders airing this week on Vh1...great show...check it out.

We Built This City on Rock and Roll by Starship (formerly Jefferson Starship/Airplane) annoys to the point that I could kill someone. VH1 classic has been playing it a lot lately and for the love of God, I will never know why.

Outhere Brothers - Fuck You in the Ass

I win this contest hands-down. Don't believe me? Download the song. Where do I claim my prize money?
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

I have not heard this song myself, its just a myth to me, but apparently my friend Matt heard this song somewhere, unknowing of the artist... but it went something like "I do what I want / and the dead dont complain / Fuck the dead / Fuck the dead / Fuck the dead" So that might be out there for worst song ever lol but I honestly dont know whether or not it exists, maybe he was just being an ass...

Originally posted by Bonovation:
Well, personnally I think Stevie Wonder's I Just Called to Say I love You is the worst song in history...esp considering some of the great stuff he's done.

CUSTOMER: But that's her favorite song.

BARRY: Look, there is no way that "I Just Called to Say I Love You" is your daughter's favorite song. Unless--oops, wait, is she in a coma?

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

Don't Rush Me by Taylor Dane unnerves me, as do most songs by Matchbox 20, Mariah Carey, Backstreet Boys and Janet Jackson.

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

Originally posted by melon:
Outhere Brothers - Fuck You in the Ass

LOL! That song is at least amusing to listen to- I'd say there are many other songs out there more torturous.

I'd like to cast my vote for Mmmm Bop by Hanson. I can't stand that song!

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 05-08-2002).]

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Who Let The Dogs Out
Macarena
Ice Ice Baby-or whatever that was called
That song from Flashdance
" " Footloose
Anything by Milli Vanilli
tongue.gif

What are songs played at my prom before the speakers blew?

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

I actually kinda like "Bodies" a bit. At least it rocks, by no means is it the worst song ever recorded. That distinction goes to "Afternoon Delight" by Starlight Vocal Band.

That Casey and JoJo (or however you spell it. Probably K-Ci or something annoying like that) song, "All My Life" or whatever. Grrrr.... I hate it. I bet it's on continuous play in hell.

Originally posted by meegannie:
That Casey and JoJo (or however you spell it. Probably K-Ci or something annoying like that) song, "All My Life" or whatever. Grrrr.... I hate it. I bet it's on continuous play in hell.

Naw, its not even close to the worst. As a matter of fact Im kinda surprised to hear you trash that one, at least those boys really sing unlike many r n b singers who use ProTools etc to make their voices sound good.

As for the other comments on r n b, I think you need to separate personal taste and opinion from a critical evaluation of the music. The topic is 'what is the worst song ever recorded'...and while I don't like all of any form of music, there is some very good r n b out there. Regardless of what she's up to now and how much you may personally dislike their style of music, Mariah Carey can technically sing very well. And Whitney didn't win all her Grammy's cause she wails, she won them because she has (well used to for her first couple of albums anyways) a voice like an angel.

I always wonder at why people criticize the music thats on the charts. Its there because the majority of people out there like it and are buying it! Well, they say, the majority must be idiots. But they weren't idiots when a U2 song made it to the charts, right?? You can't have it both ways. A truly balanced fan of music in general is able to find a few songs or groups in almost every genre that they can appreciate.

And how is K-Ci anymore annoying than Bono? They are both just nicknames...

Anyways, for truly horrible songs, look no further than Don Johnson and Eddie Murphy..stick with the day jobs, boys...lol..

Gabriel

Originally posted by OzAurora:
absolutely anything by either Mariah or Whitney or any other wailing 'R n B' singer, in fact all r n b sucks in my opinion and I hate, hate, hate how it dominates the charts- blargh!!!!- YUK!!!!

You said it so I didn't have to! I HATE those whining moaning women! I agree with you about the charts too, it's lame!

I do hate "Bodies" and I am surprised that so many songs on this list actually have a TUNE. IMO ANY song with a tune is better than the "Bodies" type of crap or the MOANING and dragging it out women. Destiny's Child is TERRIBLE, especially Survivor which is no more than a tuneless schoolyard chant. Can you believe it took 7 people to write it LMAO!!

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

I don't normally agree with him, but for once I have to say this.... Gab is right!!

I don't personally like Mariah Carey, or Whitney Houston, but they do both have beautiful voices!!

The worst song that I have ever heard is that Tom Green song... "My bum is on the...." or something!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I don't normally agree with him, but for once I have to say this.... Gab is right!!

Hey whaddya mean ya dont normally agree with me?!?! LOL (hey, are you the same spinninghead I know from a certain other fan club?? huh huh??
smile.gif
)

Actually I just thought of another groaner: I can't remember the artist, but it was some folksy thing called "Tom Dooley" I believe, lyrics something like:

"...met her on the mountain
there I took her life
met her on the mountain
stabbed her with my knife

so hang down yer head Tom Dooley
hang down yer head and cry
hang down yer head Tom Dooley
poor boy you're gonna die"

I first heard this song when I was like 6 or something, and its always stuck in my head, but its truly dreadful. Anyone know this one?
I probably have the lyrics messed up a bit..

Gabriel

Originally posted by gabrielvox:
Hey whaddya mean ya dont normally agree with me?!?! LOL (hey, are you the same spinninghead I know from a certain other fan club?? huh huh??
smile.gif
)

One in the same.... Just teasing you Gab... I know that you like to start shit, so I thought that I would start some of my own.... LOL!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

One in the same.... Just teasing you Gab... I know that you like to start shit, so I thought that I would start some of my own.... LOL!!!

Hey, Im being good this week! No shit disturbing for me!! Been watching Wire?? hehehe...Im being good boy now!! New leaf! (yeah right, we'll see how long I can keep that up
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
smile.gif

I need a smilie with a halo...

[This message has been edited by gabrielvox (edited 05-09-2002).]

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
We Built This City on Rock and Roll by Starship (formerly Jefferson Starship/Airplane) annoys to the point that I could kill someone. VH1 classic has been playing it a lot lately and for the love of God, I will never know why.

What is Vh1 Classic and how does one get it?(I assume it is a radio or tv station...)

Back
Top Bottom