Worst song ever recorded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
contrary to whatever % of 100,000 brits say, a contender has to be the awful Bohemian Rhapsody, just horrible! - I was never asked for that poll (best ever single) but then I'm not a brit...
In a close 3rd was Hey Jude, another catastrophic "song".
Plus all of the above.

------------------
Love is a very powerful thing. There's nothing more radical than two people loving each other. When I talk about love I'm thinking of an unselfish love. Emotions can be bought and sold just like anything else, but I think real love is about giving and not expecting anything in return...I think that love stands out when set against struggle.
-Bono (on love in 'War')

?*~darkcloud~*?

Originally posted by cloudimani:

In a close 3rd was Hey Jude

I love Hey Jude!
frown.gif

Originally posted by MBH:
What is Vh1 Classic and how does one get it?(I assume it is a radio or tv station...)

Its a cable channel but I don't know how widely available it is. We have digital cable and get VH1, VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul, MTV, MTV2, MTV-X, MTV Jams and Much Music USA. Its a great channel.

That shania twain song dont impress me much, In fact it does my head in, its the second most annoying song ever, only second to Ant and Decs new world cup anthem "on the ball"

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
We Built This City on Rock and Roll by Starship (formerly Jefferson Starship/Airplane) annoys to the point that I could kill someone. VH1 classic has been playing it a lot lately and for the love of God, I will never know why.

hear! hear! (or is it here here??)

a song that I have for so long utterly despised. and to think of this bands once great origins. tsk tsk.

screw you wild honey rocks.
the p the d the i the d the d the y p diddy.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

Originally posted by Hewson:
I actually kinda like "Bodies" a bit. At least it rocks, by no means is it the worst song ever recorded. That distinction goes to "Afternoon Delight" by Starlight Vocal Band.

I agree w Hewson.

DB9

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Originally posted by meegannie:
That Casey and JoJo (or however you spell it. Probably K-Ci or something annoying like that) song, "All My Life" or whatever. Grrrr.... I hate it. I bet it's on continuous play in hell.

I agree. call it personal taste or whatever, i just can't stand this one.
could never get the names right either!!
biggrin.gif

(I've had) the time of my life - nearly made it to worst ever! close second...

Originally posted by gabrielvox:

As for the other comments on r n b, I think you need to separate personal taste and opinion from a critical evaluation of the music. The topic is 'what is the worst song ever recorded'...and while I don't like all of any form of music, there is some very good r n b out there. Regardless of what she's up to now and how much you may personally dislike their style of music, Mariah Carey can technically sing very well. And Whitney didn't win all her Grammy's cause she wails, she won them because she has (well used to for her first couple of albums anyways) a voice like an angel.

I always wonder at why people criticize the music thats on the charts. Its there because the majority of people out there like it and are buying it! Well, they say, the majority must be idiots. But they weren't idiots when a U2 song made it to the charts, right?? You can't have it both ways. A truly balanced fan of music in general is able to find a few songs or groups in almost every genre that they can appreciate.

OK to rebutt the first part of this reply- I dont not doubt taht both Mariah and Whitney have great voices, buuuuut they just chose a crap music genre to display this in- I cant stand R'n'B and I can honestly say that is like U2 brought out an album in thisstyle I would probably dislike it- I just cant stand all of that forever and ever wailing and lets see how far I can show of my vocal chords kind of music- sorry if it is subjective- but I just hate it........... and the reason why a lot of it dominates the charts is that it is so disposable- it is appealing to the young market who have readily available funds and are buying into the maintream, and mass produced 'celebrity' of music and occasionaly you will see some decent music in there and in regards to bands like U2- a lot of their work is not asdisposable- they are not as 'single' driven as your average one hit wonder- a lot of people who might get into a U2 song when they hear it might instead of just buying the single go out and buy the entire album - therefore leaving them in little contention for top spots on the singles charts- however a lot of crap on the top of the charts is jjust 'single' driven instead of being album driven-therefore that is why it dominates the charts- in the 70s it was disco, the 80s it was the new romantics and now it is bad, bad, baaaaad R'n fooooking'B
smile.gif

I would do anything for love (but I wont do that) or whatever its called. It wasn't enough for meatloaf to make a simple 5 min version of it, noooooooooo. He had to go make a 15 minute version.

Stupid song.
I hate meatloaf.
Apologies to all poor souls who dont, no offence. But he does suck an awful lot.

I also hate that All For Love thing by sting and co.

Personal taste aside (though I still hate it), that "Rock Show" song by Peaches is the worst song ever written. But I still hate the K-Ci and JoJo song.

Originally posted by OzAurora:

- I cant stand R'n'B and I can honestly say that is like U2 brought out an album in thisstyle I would probably dislike it-

Do not confuse RnB, which by the way stands for Rhythm and Blues, for Pop. Destiny's Child is pop, not true RnB. And if you think U2 has not made songs that have STRONG RnB influences, you'd better ask them, or listen again, Im sure you'd be surprised at their answer.

..I just cant stand all of that forever and ever wailing and lets see how far I can show of my vocal chords kind of music..

And which U2 is it that you've been listening to?? This is what Bono is known for!! As were most of the 'rock' acts out of the 80s! Remember, soul-rock, rock-soul, whatever?

...in regards to bands like U2- a lot of their work is not asdisposable- they are not as 'single' driven as your average one hit wonder- a lot of people who might get into a U2 song when they hear it might instead of just buying the single go out and buy the entire album - therefore leaving them in little contention for top spots on the singles charts-

Ummm, and Stuck in A Moment won a Grammy in which category, exactly? Your theory also completely falls down in reference to their most recent album. Most of the singles on that album were released AFTER the full album, and still did very well. The whole purpose of a single is to make your song accessible to the masses who may not necessarily want to purchase the entire album. Most 'hits' radio stations also are restricted to only playing mainly singles, so if a band doesnt release singles from their LPs, the masses won't hear their songs on the radio and likewise won't buy them. U2 has generally been very smart in this regard, releasing just the right number of singles to get people interested (these would be mainly new or casual fans, us hardcores would buy their album if it was rap for crissakes..lol..) in the album without giving it all away on the airwaves.

Not that any of these postulations come close to explaining how that dreadful Oh Brother foolishness beat out ATYCLB...
frown.gif

Gabriel

[This message has been edited by gabrielvox (edited 05-13-2002).]

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Is there ANY topic that can't be turned into an argument here???

I think that if everyone listened to that "Rock Show" song (or watched the video), we'd all agree that it's horrible. I hope. And then we could all live in harmony.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by u2popmofo:
Madonna's cover of American Pie. Man, that was TERRIBLE.

Geez, you think that's bad? Listen to the original sometime.
redface.gif

My vote goes to Lady Marmalade, the "who-can outshriek-each other" version done by Mya, Pink and Christina Boobalaria.

And the answer is no, BAW. Everyone's always going to be bitchy about something.
rolleyes.gif

Haa-hoo there's alot of worse songs than Bodies by drowning pool. I don't think I'll begin to name any because of the magnitude of songs that pop into my mind. I mean how many people like any of Jennifer Love Hewitt's stuff?

this is MY OPINION...so don't get mad

anything slutney beers or n'suck or backstreet fools...etc etc etc

joost when i thought lyrics couldn't be more innane...look what's new! they're ruining it for my entire generation

Back
Top Bottom