Worst Movies Ever??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://thatvideosite.com/video/4346

(Well this clip has some of the worst. LOL the funny part is at the end of the clip, the intro to Zoo Station.)

Well for me the worst films I have seen are.

1.Date Movie (forced to watch it)

2. All scary movies after the first one

3.Shakespear in Love (yes in highschool, during the final days before graduation, the teachers slacked off and said we could watch a movie and one of my classmates put in the movie that stole Saving Private Ryans Oscar.)

I'm sure people hate movies for their own personal reasons, so people's posts will be pretty broad. But for me, there are clearly 5 movies that i despise and you couldn't pay me to watch again:

1) Play it to the Bone (hideously boring movie with Antonio Banderas and Woody Harrelson as boxers)

2) City of Angels (all of that just for him to DIE in the end? what a load of crap!)

3) The Black Dahlia (awful awful, totally boring movie... turned it off before it even got to the murder part)

4) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (totally fucked up movie! i guess you have to be on drugs to actually like this movie.)

5) Vanilla Sky (again, a ridiculous ending to a movie that doesn't have any real plot)

I don't know that it's the worst movie of all time, but I HATED Titanic. I found it to be a huge peice of overblown drivel. Granted, much of my hatred stems from it's hype that I finally succumbed to, but when I finally did see it, it was worse than I imagined it could be.

Oh, and The Life Aquatic. Only movie I ever actually walked out on.

Just listing wide releases; not B-movies

1. Sniper. I fell asleep during it, most boring action movie ever.
2. Spiderman 2. After the 1st hour, I just couldn't take any more whining.
3. Can't remember the name of it even anymore, but it starred Chevy Chase & Demi Moore. Late 80's comedy that just wasn't funny at all. I think I walked out from sheer apathy.
4. Kill Bill 1 & 2. Seriously; this was nothing but hype and gore
4. Sin City. Ditto. why talented directors want to make big budget retro 70's b movies is beyond me.
5. Star Trek The Motion Picture. Honesly, I can't remember the plot anymore; but I still recall how dreadfully boring it was.
6. Flyboys - the maker of Independence Day, The Patriot & The Day After Tomorrow tries to mix his action sensibilities with Chariots Of Fire type drama. Ugh.
7. Alien Vs Predator - Didn't even make sense most of the time. Biggest disappointment by far.
8. Face-Off. Stupid premise, stupid story, and that gravity boots sequence... D-umb.
9. Mission Impossible II. Hey, here's an idea... Lets remove everything that was cool about MI1 and just have Tom Cruise riding around on a motorcycle. Two hours of absolutely nothing going on. Just like TC himself.
10. Terminator 2. How I forgot this mess... If there was ever an example of prepackaging a product for mass consumption; this was it. Hey, the Terminator is a killer. Let's make him not kill anyone! Oh, and they're designed to be able to slip undetected into the human resistance. So we'll make them all look like Ahnold. That'll trick those pesky rebels. "Oh, here's another new member to the rebellion." "He looks familiar." "Nah; he's okay" "Why are those dogs barking?"

Last edited:
Dude Where's My Car...

I rented this turd, watched the first 30 minutes, pressed stop, rewound it and returned it to the video store the next day.

I have yet to see the rest of this excuse for a movie and I don't care to, utter tripe :down:

I tried to watch Magnolia twice and fell asleep both times. Don't know if it's the worst but it's apparently one of the most boring.

Wow, I thought Magnolia was brilliant.

And I also liked Vanilla Sky and Life Aquatic but I know I'm in the minority there.

I can't think of the "worst" at the moment. There are lots of good movies that I hated, though, if that makes sense....like, I truly despised Cold Mountain. It's actually good movies that I disliked that stand out more than just plain old bad movies that we all know sucked.

The Black Dahlia is the worst movie I have ever sat through. I was so annoyed sitting in the movie theater, my friends kept looking at each other in disbelief. About 30 people walked out. By the end, there were a handful left, including us.
We should have left. We really should have.

Other nominations:
Mulholland Drive - A piece of turd that's trying to be an arty, mindfuck movie. My mind wasn't fucked, it was raped. I want my time back.

The New World - :yawn: That being said, I'd gladly watch The New World over anything else on my list of awful movies. It had nice scenery. And Colin Farrell. And... Christian Bale! :combust:

Starship Troopers - I got dragged into watching this in the theater thanks to my dad. Awful. Awful. Awful. AWFUL.

The Life Aquatic - :barf: Turned it off after 30 minutes.

I Heart Huckabees - In the same vein as The Life Aquatic, IMO, only I didn't turn it off. Dammit.

Envy - Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. I want all my money back. I really do.

Vanilla Sky - I don't get the hype over this.

There are more, I know it. Those are just the ones that I can remember.

PlaTheGreat said:
The Black Dahlia is the worst movie I have ever sat through. I was so annoyed sitting in the movie theater, my friends kept looking at each other in disbelief. About 30 people walked out. By the end, there were a handful left, including us.
We should have left. We really should have.

Yup. I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to have rented Black Dahlia, so it was easy to turn off after 30 minutes and move on. But yeah, what a steaming pile of crap! I can't believe that movie ever got made.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Dude Where's My Car...

I rented this turd, watched the first 30 minutes, pressed stop, rewound it and returned it to the video store the next day.

I have yet to see the rest of this excuse for a movie and I don't care to, utter tripe :down:

When they ask me what's the worst movie ever I usually think of this one first.

But, now that I think about it, "The Forgotten" with Julianne Moore is almost right up there as far as load of crap goes.

PlaTheGreat said:

The New World - :yawn: That being said, I'd gladly watch The New World over anything else on my list of awful movies. It had nice scenery. And Colin Farrell. And... Christian Bale! :combust:

Starship Troopers - I got dragged into watching this in the theater thanks to my dad. Awful. Awful. Awful. AWFUL.

The New World was fantastic. Maybe it's the way Terrence Malik paces his films and makes it into a poetic type of film.

StarShip troops was frikin awesome. A perfect cheese fest film.

BrownEyedBoy said:

But, now that I think about it, "The Forgotten" with Julianne Moore is almost right up there as far as load of crap goes.

Yup. This movie was a real stinker. It was interesting at the beginning, but the ending was a real crapfest. It's sad that the writers couldn't come up with something better than that shit!

Battlefield Earth was so bad it was kind of good in the "look at this piece of shit, can you believe someone allowed this to be made" sense...

This reminds me of Dungeons & Dragons, did anyone see that crap-fest?

Awful, simply awful. I'm surprised Jeremy Irons didn't choke on the scenes he was chewing and Thora Birch (sp?) as a princess? Not to mention Marlon Waynes as a street-wise, smart talking thief... :down:

I Heart Huckabees (Bored me to tears)

Last House On The Left

Dude Where's My Car

The Check Is In the Mail

Happy Feet (Really failing to see what is so great about this movie. Left when it was not even to the halfway point)

WaterWorld

Edited to add the one that I can't believe I forgot to list

Freddy vs Jason

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:

And I also liked Vanilla Sky and Life Aquatic but I know I'm in the minority there.

Well, if you're in the minority then I'm right there with you! :wink: I loved both those films.

The ONLY movie I have ever walked out on was called "A Pyromaniac's Love Story". It was so god awful boring. I've stayed through every other movie, though whoever mentioned Van Helsing was dead on; I SHOULD'VE walked out on that movie!!!

Good call on Batman and Robin. Is that the with George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger as that Ice man guy? If so, it was beyond awful and I actually fell asleep at the movie theater!

Nothing But Trouble.

I think someone already mentioned this movie, just didn't know the name. John Candy, Demi Moore, Dan Ankroyd, Chevy Chase

I remember my family picking out this moving. Thinking if it had this many funny people, it had to be good.

We watched it together, and we threw up together.

ultravioletluvv said:
Good call on Batman and Robin. Is that the with George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger as that Ice man guy? If so, it was beyond awful and I actually fell asleep at the movie theater!

i laughed hysterically through the whole thing at the sheer awfulness of it all.

joyfulgirl said:

I was trying to think of the title of this. Unbelievably boring.

it was easily the most traumatic film experience of my life and i don't know why my father didn't take me out of the theater. i remember seeing the previews and got excited because, hey, it was Tarzan, so i thought there'd be cool vine swinging and stuff (i was, like, 5 or 6). and we went to see it and it was both boring and really graphic -- lots of dead apes, some killed by people, some by pumas, some by other apes -- and it was quite disturbing to an overly sensitive child such as myself. it was mean-spirited, too.

it was on TV the other day and i watched a little bit and it was just as awful and gross and boring as i remember.

oh, man, how could i forget!

autumn_new_york_175.jpg

i loved how her heart "sickness" gave her special powers! :cute:

and how she made a living by making and selling reallly ugly hats and she was somehow able to afford the coolest apartmetnt in Manhattan! :cute:

Back
Top Bottom