Worst Movies Ever?? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 03:27 PM
^^Omg, YES and YES to both of the above Richard Gere movies! Totally awful!

And along those lines, how about Sweet November with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron, where she's dieing of cancer and he moves in with her. Ugh!

Old 05-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

it was easily the most traumatic film experience of my life and i don't know why my father didn't take me out of the theater. i remember seeing the previews and got excited because, hey, it was Tarzan, so i thought there'd be cool vine swinging and stuff (i was, like, 5 or 6). and we went to see it and it was both boring and really graphic -- lots of dead apes, some killed by people, some by pumas, some by other apes -- and it was quite disturbing to an overly sensitive child such as myself. it was mean-spirited, too.

it was on TV the other day and i watched a little bit and it was just as awful and gross and boring as i remember.
How weird that we both had memorable experiences with that movie. I was quite a bit older but at that point in my life I had never, ever fallen asleep in a movie theater before. I was on a date with a new guy I really liked and fell asleep. I was so embarrassed. But I felt better later when I realized it was just an awful, awful movie. Your dad must have felt terrible later.

When I saw Spiderman 3 over the weekend I couldn't believe that the theater was packed with parents and really young kids, like 4-5-6 year olds. It was like a friggin daycare center. I was practically scarred for life by Bambi at that age for God's sake, and though I know kids are growing up in a different world now, I still felt it was way too violent with scary situations for little kids. Plus it was in one of those stadium seating theaters with an enormous screen and really, really loud volume which I'm sure must have amplified the scariness for the kids. As a kid I would have had nightmares just from seeing a woman dangling out of a hi-rise building, let alone all the scary monsters. Kids were crying all over the place but no one was leaving.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:27 AM
Did anybody mention....

Old 05-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #34
Refugee

^^ LOL. Well Gigli is notorious for being a bad movie, but I myself have never actually seen it, so I can't say from personal experience. I think it belongs in a whole other category: Movies you've heard so much bad stuff about that you can't bring yourself to watch.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

When I saw Spiderman 3 over the weekend I couldn't believe that the theater was packed with parents and really young kids, like 4-5-6 year olds. It was like a friggin daycare center. I was practically scarred for life by Bambi at that age for God's sake, and though I know kids are growing up in a different world now, I still felt it was way too violent with scary situations for little kids. Plus it was in one of those stadium seating theaters with an enormous screen and really, really loud volume which I'm sure must have amplified the scariness for the kids. As a kid I would have had nightmares just from seeing a woman dangling out of a hi-rise building, let alone all the scary monsters. Kids were crying all over the place but no one was leaving.

yeah, i wonder about stuff like that. i remember being terrified in freaking "Annie" when she was dangling from the bridge at the end, but i must have been 4 or 5, whereas i remember loving and having no problems with Indiana Jones and i must have been about 6 or 7 ... i remember seeing the 2nd Spiderman and thinking i wouldn't bring anyone younger than 8 to it, but Indiana Jones was way bloodier ... it's interesting.

i hear Spidy 3 sucks, though, so i have no plans to see it.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by forbonou2
Hands down: Eraserhead!! ugh! Sorry David kelly...it's awful!!
Why? It's a creative trip into the fears of marriage and child birth through the perspective of talented director. I'd really like to know why you think this.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:35 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
Did anybody mention....

I saw a few minutes of this movie and I was laughing like crazy! I thought the dialogue was terrible!

I usually like bad movies (not counting Gigli )....but I thought the Prince and Me was slightly boring.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #38
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:27 PM
I'm sure there are much worse movies, as I've seen far fewer than the average person nowadays, but Under the Cherry Moon was probably the worst film I ever saw. I tried, hard, to salvage the experience by taking an attitude of bemused detachment at how unbelievably lame the "dialogue" was, but it was so gratingly self-indulgent I couldn't quite manage. Great soundtrack, utterly crap film.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 05-11-2007, 11:49 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:27 PM
Actually, Batman & Robin was pretty horrible. I never realized Joel Schumacher threw so much phallic nonsense in there until I rewatched it as an adult.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 AM   #40
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:27 PM
Batnipple and Robin ftl!
Old 05-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
Dude Where's My Car...

I rented this turd, watched the first 30 minutes, pressed stop, rewound it and returned it to the video store the next day.

I have yet to see the rest of this excuse for a movie and I don't care to, utter tripe
Wow you really missed out...the first 30 minutes were hilarious compared to the rest. What a piece of shit that was.

And good call Irvine on Greystoke, I caught that thing on HBO or some such as a kid, and when it wasn't boring it was just mean.

Gigli, well, I didn't think it was that bad. I mean yeah it sucks, but not any more than any of the other 2 dozen movies just like it. At least there's J-Lo's ass to give it some merit.

Oh and how could I forget Not Another Teen Movie? I laughed at the previews but the movie itself was just brutal. I hate when a comedy is out and they put the only 3 funny lines in the previews...then you see it and the rest of it is shit. It's annoying...I could have saved the $8 and 2 hours and just seen the trailer

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE Waterworld...I'm probably the only one. You know what it's like to love a movie that everybody else thinks is shit?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #42
Refugee

Local Time: 08:27 AM
Glitter
Old 05-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Van Helsing
The Number 23
Anything with Owen Wilson except The Royal Tenenbaums

Nowadays thanks to the multiplex system, bad movies can still make 30-40 million before people realize it's shite. Most films only have a 4 week lifespan in theatres. Truly great films back in the 70's and 80's would spend months in the theatres so that everyone could get a ticket since there were less screens available. Now the whole process is rushed. I remember newspapers ads for movies like "now in it's 12th week" and it would be still be packed with people. Yeah, I'm old.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #44
Refugee

^^ I'm starting to agree with the Owen Wilson thing. I'm just starting to realize that he plays the same character in every movie. But i have to come to the defense of Wedding Crashers and Meet The Parents. Those are two of my favorite comedies ever! But everything else he does is pretty lame.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #45
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:27 PM
What about Owen Wilson in the other Wes Anderson movies?