Worst Movies Ever??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cdisantis83 said:

2. Summer Catch- a miserably banal romantic comedy.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the movie since I grew up following Cape League baseball and it was fun to see places in the movie that I been to. The story did suck, but the worst thing about this movie was Freddie Prinze's awful awful awful butchering of the Boston accent - perhaps the worst of all time.

Jessica Biel did help things too.

:wink:

Bottom Three:

3. Date Movie - Love pathetic teen comedies, but this was just shithouse.

2. Vanilla Sky - Makes me want to vomit.

1. Napolean Dynamite - Utter garbage. Incredibly stupid and retarded. Terrible.

corianderstem said:
Pearl Harbor was supremely awful.

How in the hell could I have left that off of my list? I paid to see that piece of shit. People were booing and laughing out loud at it. One of the most important events of the 20th century, and this is the crap we get. Nice work, Michael Bay.

I like when you know a movie is bad, but you like it anyway. For me, that's Dune. That movie is a pure mess, but, it's a mesmerizing mess, and I loved the book, so I know the plot. Dune at like 3:30am, after being unable to sleep is just about perfect. :)

I went with a date to see Pearl Harbor. Which would be a big red flag, had he liked it. We went with two of his friends, who wanted him to see it so he could pick apart its accuracy, since he was a WWII buff.

Luckily, he thought it was awful, too. :wink:

I don't understand why anyone could say Casablanca is one of the worst movies of all time, I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of it either, despite the fact it has a bunch of my favourite actors in it, but is it really that bad? Overrated? For sure. But... can you really compare this to this?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned one of my favorite hilariously awful movies:

The Adventures of Pluto Nash

If you want to start naming all time worst, no list is complete without:

- Leonard Part VI (for those of you too young to remember, no there were no parts I through V)

- Ishtar :no:

Two more,

Derailed! If there was ever a movie that made absolutely no sense... The guy gets himself accused of murder so his wife won't find out about an affair?! And, for the same reason, nearly kills his own daughter? Rediculous.

Deja Vu.. Just watched it this weekend. Denzel goes back in time to thwart a terrorist attack, arrives at the correct time, and then refuses to call the police because he's a afraid the bomb will go off. Of course the ensuing gunfight brings the police running! Oh, and who know getting shot causes no more problems than a run of the mill paper cut.

Justin24 said:

The New World was fantastic. Maybe it's the way Terrence Malik paces his films and makes it into a poetic type of film.

It was very well done and beautiful, but boring as hell and wasn't historically accurate (Smith was not brought to America in chains, and wasn't even on the initial ships that arrived in 1607 but came the year after) and didn't do a good job explaining the true story.

The Sad Punk said:
I don't understand why anyone could say Casablanca is one of the worst movies of all time, I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of it either, despite the fact it has a bunch of my favourite actors in it, but is it really that bad? Overrated? For sure. But... can you really compare this to this?

Most movies can simply be bad but when you go for a few steps below epic and fail, you become much worse than a simply bad film. Casablance is a terrible film dressed as a masterpeice. I think when you raise the scales a bad film rises up to the top in the worst category.

bad movies that come to mind : Babel, Crash,
and things I got stuck watching with friends
:angry: : break up, family stone

I avoid things such as : Dude Where's My Car, FaceOff, Pearl Harbor, Blades of Glory etc etc
because I trust my instinct that the movies will suck and be a waste of time.

Last edited:
mr-freeze.jpg

intedomine said:
The Matrix was pretty abysmal

This is the only other movie I've ever fell asleep in. I've tried watching it since, because my hubby loves it so much, but I just don't get it. However, I don't think that this makes it one of the worst movies of all time. I know that it's just a personal choice that I don't like it and that alot of people think that it's one of the best movies of all time.

I think I would say Dawn of the Dead. But it was some years ago now since I saw it.
But Vanilla Sky is very bad too. And Sin City wasn't that good either.

U2Girl416 said:
I can add a recent one to the list. Blades of Glory. movie with funny moments but not an overall funny movie. :down:

"The night is a very dark time for me." Some good lines...I thought it had its moments.

starsgoblue said:
How funny. I like Vanilla Sky. :reject:

I thought it was dark and weird...in other words, great :up:

Blades of Glory was a disappointment to me as well, but I don't think it was horrible. It was just there.

It was someone writing a Will Ferrell movie for Will Ferrell, not Ferrell writing for himself like he did in Anchorman and Talladega.

Plus, Jon Heder's not funny. Please hollywood casting directors, stop casting him in movies you want to be funny.

Back
Top Bottom