Worst Movies Ever??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^Omg, YES and YES to both of the above Richard Gere movies! Totally awful!

And along those lines, how about Sweet November with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron, where she's dieing of cancer and he moves in with her. Ugh!

Irvine511 said:

it was easily the most traumatic film experience of my life and i don't know why my father didn't take me out of the theater. i remember seeing the previews and got excited because, hey, it was Tarzan, so i thought there'd be cool vine swinging and stuff (i was, like, 5 or 6). and we went to see it and it was both boring and really graphic -- lots of dead apes, some killed by people, some by pumas, some by other apes -- and it was quite disturbing to an overly sensitive child such as myself. it was mean-spirited, too.

it was on TV the other day and i watched a little bit and it was just as awful and gross and boring as i remember.

How weird that we both had memorable experiences with that movie. I was quite a bit older but at that point in my life I had never, ever fallen asleep in a movie theater before. I was on a date with a new guy I really liked and fell asleep. I was so embarrassed. But I felt better later when I realized it was just an awful, awful movie. Your dad must have felt terrible later.

When I saw Spiderman 3 over the weekend I couldn't believe that the theater was packed with parents and really young kids, like 4-5-6 year olds. It was like a friggin daycare center. I was practically scarred for life by Bambi at that age for God's sake, and though I know kids are growing up in a different world now, I still felt it was way too violent with scary situations for little kids. Plus it was in one of those stadium seating theaters with an enormous screen and really, really loud volume which I'm sure must have amplified the scariness for the kids. As a kid I would have had nightmares just from seeing a woman dangling out of a hi-rise building, let alone all the scary monsters. Kids were crying all over the place but no one was leaving.

Did anybody mention....

20060415-p-gigli.jpg

^^ LOL. Well Gigli is notorious for being a bad movie, but I myself have never actually seen it, so I can't say from personal experience. I think it belongs in a whole other category: Movies you've heard so much bad stuff about that you can't bring yourself to watch.

joyfulgirl said:

When I saw Spiderman 3 over the weekend I couldn't believe that the theater was packed with parents and really young kids, like 4-5-6 year olds. It was like a friggin daycare center. I was practically scarred for life by Bambi at that age for God's sake, and though I know kids are growing up in a different world now, I still felt it was way too violent with scary situations for little kids. Plus it was in one of those stadium seating theaters with an enormous screen and really, really loud volume which I'm sure must have amplified the scariness for the kids. As a kid I would have had nightmares just from seeing a woman dangling out of a hi-rise building, let alone all the scary monsters. Kids were crying all over the place but no one was leaving.

yeah, i wonder about stuff like that. i remember being terrified in freaking "Annie" when she was dangling from the bridge at the end, but i must have been 4 or 5, whereas i remember loving and having no problems with Indiana Jones and i must have been about 6 or 7 ... i remember seeing the 2nd Spiderman and thinking i wouldn't bring anyone younger than 8 to it, but Indiana Jones was way bloodier ... it's interesting.

i hear Spidy 3 sucks, though, so i have no plans to see it.

I'm sure there are much worse movies, as I've seen far fewer than the average person nowadays, but Under the Cherry Moon was probably the worst film I ever saw. I tried, hard, to salvage the experience by taking an attitude of bemused detachment at how unbelievably lame the "dialogue" was, but it was so gratingly self-indulgent I couldn't quite manage. Great soundtrack, utterly crap film.

Actually, Batman & Robin was pretty horrible. I never realized Joel Schumacher threw so much phallic nonsense in there until I rewatched it as an adult.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Dude Where's My Car...

I rented this turd, watched the first 30 minutes, pressed stop, rewound it and returned it to the video store the next day.

I have yet to see the rest of this excuse for a movie and I don't care to, utter tripe :down:

Wow you really missed out...the first 30 minutes were hilarious compared to the rest. What a piece of shit that was.

And good call Irvine on Greystoke, I caught that thing on HBO or some such as a kid, and when it wasn't boring it was just mean.

Gigli, well, I didn't think it was that bad. I mean yeah it sucks, but not any more than any of the other 2 dozen movies just like it. At least there's J-Lo's ass to give it some merit.

Oh and how could I forget Not Another Teen Movie? I laughed at the previews but the movie itself was just brutal. I hate when a comedy is out and they put the only 3 funny lines in the previews...then you see it and the rest of it is shit. It's annoying...I could have saved the $8 and 2 hours and just seen the trailer :(

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE Waterworld...I'm probably the only one. You know what it's like to love a movie that everybody else thinks is shit?

Last edited:
Van Helsing
The Number 23
Anything with Owen Wilson except The Royal Tenenbaums

Nowadays thanks to the multiplex system, bad movies can still make 30-40 million before people realize it's shite. Most films only have a 4 week lifespan in theatres. Truly great films back in the 70's and 80's would spend months in the theatres so that everyone could get a ticket since there were less screens available. Now the whole process is rushed. I remember newspapers ads for movies like "now in it's 12th week" and it would be still be packed with people. Yeah, I'm old. :wink:

^^ I'm starting to agree with the Owen Wilson thing. I'm just starting to realize that he plays the same character in every movie. But i have to come to the defense of Wedding Crashers and Meet The Parents. Those are two of my favorite comedies ever! But everything else he does is pretty lame.

LemonMacPhisto said:
What about Owen Wilson in the other Wes Anderson movies?

I just hate Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller aren't too far behind. They just get on my nerves the same way Jim Carrey and Robin Williams bug other people. I don't find them to be funny. But then again, I love Monty Python which many don't find funny and subtle humour like the Office as opposed to over the top buffoonery.

I can't defend that, it's just my taste.

That movie where Demi Moore played the stripper.

And agreed on Owen Wilson :no: Also the resident retard role man aka Adam Sandler.
(actually decent in Anger management though.)

Last edited:
trevster2k said:

I just hate Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller aren't too far behind. They just get on my nerves the same way Jim Carrey and Robin Williams bug other people. I don't find them to be funny. But then again, I love Monty Python which many don't find funny and subtle humour like the Office as opposed to over the top buffoonery.

I can't defend that, it's just my taste.

That's totally cool, I like all of the guys you mentioned except Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller gets a little too grating for me sometimes.

:hmm: I've seen quite a few dreadful movies, but these are probably the worst.

1. Mallrats- I never detested a lead worse than I did Jason Lee's character in this film.

2. Summer Catch- a miserably banal romantic comedy.

3. Saw- I could not believe the extent to which this film ripped off "Seven"

Ya it (Saw) kinda did, but it still kicked total ass. In an era where horror films almost universally suck (that reminds me, Pulse definitely belongs on this list - even Christinia Milian's hotness couldn't save that pile of crap), Saw is as good as it gets.

Many people don't like Monty Python??? Almost everyone I know loves Monty Python.

Casablanca is mentioned in this thread, so, not sure how to respond to that, so I guess I'll let it go and say "to each their own".

For me, sometimes movies are bad because I expected more. Sometimes they're just bad. I'll take a crack at it.

Tarzan the Legend of Greystoke is high on the list. It's directed by the same man that did Chariots of Fire (Which a lot of people I know find to be tedious, but, I love it to death) with many of the same cast members. Ugh, just horrid. Was it mentioned that the director used Glenn Close's voice to dub over all of Andie Mcdowell's lines???? Bad stuff.

Battlefield Earth I had no expectations for, watched it on cable, but, was blown away by just how bad it was. Wow.

The 3rd Austin Powers movie really sucked, though, I bet some people will come to its defense, since I seem to be in the minority with this one. I loved the first one, the spoofing of the spy movie genre, etc. By the time he got to the 3rd one, it just felt like an extended fart joke to me. Fart jokes are funny, but not for 2 hours.

Rhinestone, with Sly Stallone, is painful to watch in many ways. To be fair, that's the only Stallone film I'll put on the list, cos I could add a few more.

Hoffa was fucking disappointing.

Catwoman. Watched the whole thing, though (Thank you Halle Bery)

Master of Disguise with Dana Carvey. Omg.

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, just for the title.

Leonard Part VI

Ishtar (It really is as bad as the legendary hype about it being bad would indicate)

Staying Alive, the sequel to Saturday Night Fever. The last scene of that movie "I'm gonna strut" legitimately makes me feel uncomfortable, it's so bad.

Anything with Jamie Kennedy in it.

My ex made me watch Glitter. Glad we're broken up.

There is a movie called "THe 4th protocol", adapted from a good book of the same title. Horrid.

The New World bitterly disappointed me, since I love Malick's films. As usual, it was shot beautifully, but really was slow, and it takes a lot for me to feel that a film is slow.

I'll stop with Captain America, which few people know even exist. It really, truly, is the worst film I've ever watched. Supposedly, they're making another one in 2009.

No spoken words said:
The 3rd Austin Powers movie really sucked, though, I bet some people will come to its defense, since I seem to be in the minority with this one. I loved the first one, the spoofing of the spy movie genre, etc. By the time he got to the 3rd one, it just felt like an extended fart joke to me. Fart jokes are funny, but not for 2 hours.
Funny you should say that because the Austin Powers series, in a hilarious twist of irony, ends up going from Sean Connery era sharpness to Pierce Brosman era ridiculousness much like the films it mocks.

Zootlesque said:
Has nobody here seen MST3K? I'm surprised nobody agreed with me on Manos!

Manos the Hands of Fate is AWESOME ... but only with the MST3K guys.

If I had to watch it without the commentary by them, I'd probably cry. :wink:

Not necessarily the worst movie I've ever seen, but my most hated movie of all time is Daredevil. I can't explain how much I despise that film.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned one of my favorite hilariously awful movies:

The Adventures of Pluto Nash

Back
Top Bottom