WORST lyrical songs ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Halifax

The Fly
My vote goes to Nelly's "Hot in Herre".

"Its gettng hot in herre, so take of all your clothes..." :madspit: UGHHH! *imagines torturing Nelly until he is totally incapable of producing more pointless drivel*.

my vote goes to gwen stefani's hollaback girl.

the song makes no sense. the bad rapping, the hollaback girl thing, the bananas... what is she on about?

:crazy:

elevation, electrical storm.

lyrical attrocities.

other notables include anything by matchbox twenty/rob thomas, train, the calling, etc. etc.

really, there's a lot of band lyrics destroying minds out there.

MsMofoGone said:
No Doubt - Trapped In A Box ... dumbest song I've ever heard !!

:tsk:

I agree!

Saw the video back when No Doubt first hit it big....and while Gewn looked lovely, the lyrics....wow. Not even close to being bad, they were in some sub-horrid level.

Honorable mention to "We Built This City" byt Jefferson Starship. I cringe every time I hear this song. Why did this have to happen?

Why?

'Life' by Desree by an absolute country mile. the worst lyrical song i've ever heard.

This song features such attrocities as "i don't want to see a ghost, i'd rather have a piece of toast"

and the chorus is hardly Dylan-esque either - "Life, oh life, ooooooh lifeeeee"

shocking stuff :ohmy:

1stepcloser said:
'Life' by Desree by an absolute country mile. the worst lyrical song i've ever heard.

This song features such attrocities as "i don't want to see a ghost, i'd rather have a piece of toast"

and the chorus is hardly Dylan-esque either - "Life, oh life, ooooooh lifeeeee"

shocking stuff :ohmy:

I take it back. You're right, that is way worse than anything Robbie ever inflicted on us.

financeguy said:

I take it back. You're right

thank you :wink:

I remember a dance song about 5 years ago called 'get down' and the entire song was the bloke singing "down down down down" ect....... over this silly little beat. Surely the most unoriginal song ever?? and one of the most annoying too :mad:

that song by nickelback about getting a blowjob. i can't believe those silly fucks wrote a song about getting a blowjob. and who the hell would even want to go down on that jesus christ-looking retard lead singer anyway?

Anyone from Canada can tell you about the horrors of MuchMusic (Namely, Billy Talent, Simple Plan, Avril... and the list goes on). God knows who's going to be in that Canadian live8 concert :| .

"I love you girl" or whatever it's called on Vanilla Ice's greatest hits, which i dont even understand why there is such a thing.

"Analyse" by Cranberries:

Don't analyse, don't analyse,
Don't live that way, don't live that way,
That would paralyse your evolution (WTF??)

That Madonna song where she goes, "there was time I had a mother, it was nice".

I agree though that "Life" by Des'ree takes the cake. :ohmy:

Last edited:
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this atrocity by Audioslave:

i'll wait for you there
like a stone i'll wait for you there
alone

For shame.

Madonna's "American Life." The one where she raps about drinking soy lattes while doing pilates... :scream:

Back
Top Bottom