Worst Duet You've Ever Heard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
Okay, I hate to bring this up, but let's create another damn LIST!

Name the worst duet you've ever heard.

My first pick amongst many would be that undeniably horrific pairing of Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney on "Ebony and Ivory". It had a good message, but the song sucks....admit it.

Oooh! Ooooh!

Barbara Streisand and Celine Dion, "Call Him" (or tell him, whatever, some syrupy love song :rolleyes: ) Worst damn screechfest ever.

Fred Durst and Johnny Reznick doing whatever they did for the Telethon for America last year. :huh:

RuPaul and Elton John, "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" (video was even worse)

I'm sure there are more outstanding moments in duets history I'm forgetting...

I thought of more:

That undeniably horrific pairing of Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney on "The Girl is Mine" (are we seeing a pattern here?)

Another one-----We Are The World, while not technically a "duet" was a pairing of artists for one horrible song.

And while I'm on this subject, what about "All For Love" by Sting, Bryan Adams, and Rod Stewart? Does that qualify as Sting's worst business decision of all time? I think so.

Mine tops them all!

Anybody heard the duet with Michael Jackson and Eddie Murphy?

I kid you not, Eddie Murphy and Michael Jackson - they even made a video out of it. I think VH1 or MTV aired it on that worst videos ever thing with Jon Stewart, Janine Garafelo (or however you spell it), Christ Katan, and Dennis Leary.

Most definitely cringe-worthy.

Re: Mine tops them all!

Diemen said:

I kid you not, Eddie Murphy and Michael Jackson - they even made a video out of it. I think VH1 or MTV aired it on that worst videos ever thing with Jon Stewart, Janine Garafelo (or however you spell it), Christ Katan, and Dennis Leary.

YES, omfg... :lmao:

That lamest videos show was so hilarious!!!

That video was indeed lame, wasn't it in the top 5?

Re: Mine tops them all!

Diemen said:

lmfao that song was awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no:

oh and that MTV special that Jon, Jeannie, Chris and Dennis hosted was the funniest thing ever!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Barbara Streisand and Celine Dion, "Call Him" (or tell him, whatever, some syrupy love song :rolleyes: ) Worst damn screechfest ever.
:yes:

i also have to go with two songs that aren't duets, but a few female singers:

the cover of "lady marmalade" by christina aguilera, pink, lil kim, missy elliott, and mya. christina aguilera ruined it with her stupid screeching, pretending like she's mariah carey, and lil kim ruined it with her stupid rap having nothing to do with anything (where she's like "drink wine with diamonds in the glass order wines by the case we have expensive taste" or whatever). mya can actually sing, and i felt bad that she had to be involved with that song.

also, that divas cover with celine dion, mariah carey, aretha franklin, gloria estefan, and carole king. (am i forgetting one?) mariah carey screeching for no reason, and celine dion trying to outsing the queen?! i'm glad aretha tastefully showed celine to fucking step down off a bit.

Ricky Martin and Christina Aguilera - "Nobody Wants to be Lonely". In fact, ANY duet involving Christina Aguilera or Mariah Carey, whose motto seems to be, "this is -my- song and I -will- outscream everyone else, so push off".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom