Worst Cover Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brettig said:
Oh and POD's cover of BTBS isn't actually that bad.
Yeah, they actually did a fair job of interpreting the song through their own style. Of course, if you don't like the style, you probably feel the same way about it as I do about the Pet Shop Boys' "Streets" cover (which makes me cringe). For me, the worst covers are the really straightforward ones that are basically the same song with different vocals and a different guitar lick here or there. The ones that make you wonder why they bothered (this is excusable in live covers, since they're just having fun, but when they take it to the studio, they're just wasting space).

Last edited:
I agree with Madonna's version of American Pie. :der:

U2's Fortunate Son isn't so good, either. lol *sorry*

I'll add my vote for Sixpence None The Richer's cover of Don't Dream It's Over.

Another terrible cover is Fiona Apple's version of Across the Universe. I like Fiona, but that cover is suck-o-rama.

All Saints covering "Under the Bridge"

I haven't heard it yet but Britney Spears is supposed be covering "Need You Tonight." The very thought is enough to make me weep. Little teeny-pop girls need to stay away from covering modern rock songs!!!!

oh I love Tori Amos' cover

and the worst are:

Britney's Satisfaction

erm

I have many more, but, I don't remember

dsmith2904 said:

I haven't heard it yet but Britney Spears is supposed be covering "Need You Tonight."

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?! :no: :no: :no:

God, I can hear it in my head now...:no: You'd think she would've learnt after that feckin' awful version of Satisfaction!
Gah dammit woman! :scream: :censored:

Britney Spears covering "I love Rock and Roll"
She even thought Pat Benatar sung that! :no:

Also whoever it was that did the remake of "Time after Time."

Perle

martha said:
Well, since we are talking about Lil Brucie, one of the very worst covers ever in all the history of mankind was Blinded By the Light by Manfred Mann.

Lame and wrong beyond any reason. :no:

:eyebrow:

Really?

I've never heard Bruce's version, but I love the one by Manfred Mann. That was my favorite song back in, like, fourth grade. Still like it.

:shrug:.

Originally posted by Dave C
No, No, No. I have the one to top 'em all...

Cher doing I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Pure, utter blasphemy.

*Nods* Oh, yes, definitely agree with you there.

Cher is never to touch a U2 song again under any circumstances.

My two picks that I have to throw in: Four Seasons' version of "Don't Think Twice", and *N Sync's version of "More Than A Feeling".

Seriously, I will never forgive them for that one...Boston's songs aren't meant to be sung a cappella!

Angela

Deftones - Crazy (yes, the one of Britney Spears) :no:

Avril Lavigne - Chop Suey!

Back
Top Bottom