Worst Cover Song Ever! Someone Should Kick Some Ass.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
john mayer doing an acoustic version of "kid a" by radiohead.

oh the horror! the horror! :censored: :scream: :down:

i didn't believe it myself until i heard it last night. : puke :

Last edited:
I'm going to disagree with you about the worst cover ever bit. I have my nominations, but this is not really a thread about that.

I will have to hear Mr. Mayer's cover to pass judgement though.

Mr. Mayer! LMAO!

Oh god. :barf: I hope I never hear that cover. ughgghrhgh.

edited to say that foolish mortals need to realize they can't cover Radiohead. Whether they are a wonderful artist or a terrible artist, no one seems to be able to do a decent RH cover (I only know of one).

Last edited:
anyone heard Liberty X do 'High and Dry'? I'd like to hear it, personally. never been my favourite RH song, but Liberty X are such an innovative band (I suppose you'd probably never heard of them you uncool freaks) that they would definitely be taking this song to greater heights. :wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:
I'm going to disagree with you about the worst cover ever bit. I have my nominations, but this is not really a thread about that.

I will have to hear Mr. Mayer's cover to pass judgement though.

Mr. Mayer! LMAO!

trust me yertle. it really is a piece of shite. awful. just fucking awful.

Obviously you haven't heard Avril Lavigne's cover of "Chop Suey" :|

...not that the song was any good to begin with :p (JUST ME OPINION!!)

EDIT: No more smack about John Mayer! :yell:

Last edited:
I disagree Heads.

I'm not a fan of Mayer at all, but that's a pretty ballsy choice for a cover, and to do it with acoustic guitar like that, I think he did an admirable job.

If Thom did it like that, everyone would like it.

:tsk:

Everytime I hear or read something about him, it just gets worse and worse...

HeadsOnSticks said:
i am going to choose to NOT respond to that statement.

I don't understand why.

look, mayer is corny and all with his music, and I'm certainly not gonna listen to that cover more than once. but I feel like he picked an obscure radiohead song that has no acoustic guitar in it and did a cover that was, to me, less than horrible.

now if he did a cover of fake plastic trees or something, then I would call the karma police.:wink:

I'm sorry you had to hear that, Heads. :hug: But just know that your suffering has saved me from further suffering, and for that, you should be commended.

On a sidenote, my annoying coworker came in the other day yelling, "I've got the new John Mayer CD!" (This girl also freaked over the new Train CD.) And my boss is standing right there, so I can't very well go, "Your taste in music is questionable." So I had to smile and act excited about it! I'm so ashamed of myself. :tsk:

one night while heading to the radio station i had the misfortune of hearing about 10 seconds (that's as long as it took me to get out of earshot after figuring out what was going on) of a radiohead *shudder* cover band playing in the campus center 'bar'/cafe place. :yuck:

HeartlandGirl said:
I'm sorry you had to hear that, Heads. :hug: But just know that your suffering has saved me from further suffering, and for that, you should be commended.

On a sidenote, my annoying coworker came in the other day yelling, "I've got the new John Mayer CD!" (This girl also freaked over the new Train CD.) And my boss is standing right there, so I can't very well go, "Your taste in music is questionable." So I had to smile and act excited about it! I'm so ashamed of myself. :tsk:

i admire your self control. i'd have yelled 'your taste in music is fucking crap!' even if...i don't know, even if the pope was standing there.

:lol: IWB! You kick so much ass. :hug:

Alrighty. Now I feel bad for badmouthing her! :wink: Her musical tastes are so weird--she loves Tori Amos and Coldplay and Radiohead, but she also likes Train and John Mayer and assorted other crap. In her defense, though, she did get me grooving to the Dandy Warhols. I guess I need to hire IWB to run music-related interference for me or something. :|

:D

this douchebag John Mayer also coverd a guns n roses song called patience.

he should be stopped before he covers a u2 song!

yes he is a piece of shit!

you mean it doesn't make you want to run through the walls of your high school and scream at the top of your lungs?

the day he covers one more of my favorite band is the day i put out a hit on him...

:down:

thanks for the warning...i'll try not to hear this crap he likes to pretend is music...

Back
Top Bottom