Worst Christmas Gifts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My great aunt bought my Mum a huge t-shirt which had "dog" in big letters printed across it - We wondered if she was trying to tell us something :eyebrow:

It is however a very comfy pj top :wink:

Dismantled said:
whats soap on a stick:lmao:?

Its a bar of nicely colored soap mine was actually a christmas tree right on a stick (like a popsicle... but less fun)...I guess so you can reach your back? I don't know but it was wierd....:)

my grandma was the worst christmas gifter
one year when I was about 10 she got me a bacon wave.. a little plastic thing that you use to cook bacon in the microwave. That same year she got my brother a snow shovel.

the year before she'd got me a diet cookbook and told me maybe it'd help me out

My dad has bought me the Beatles' Abby Road cd for three different christmases. One year he spelled my name wrong on all my gifts. Another year he gave me a cooler and an old t-shirt of his (he was really poor that year).

I like getting socks, if they're interesting socks.

leglamplivingroomLarge.jpg

great news

The Christmas Story

leg lamp

is now available

bigcratemedium.jpg

http://www.redriderleglamps.com/products.shtml

redkat said:
I love Michael J Fox ...the only fan letter I ever wrote.

started out... Michael you are such a fox :lmao:

my friends older brother got ahold of it and the teasing never ended

:cute: :lmao:

redkat :up:

Ah such fond memories from office Christmas parties...

Perhaps the 'best' gift I ever received was a knitted penis warmer. It was very pink and pretty small.

~true story~

fah said:
Ah such fond memories from office Christmas parties...

Perhaps the 'best' gift I ever received was a knitted penis warmer. It was very pink and pretty small.

~true story~

:lmao:

How about a wicker laundry basket filled with a chunk of garland, a string of lights, and a few round plastic ornaments stuffed on top?

We called it "The Basket of Love" :wink:
It was supposed to be our $50 exchange gift.

Sad, though, it never quite made it from the car to the garage.
Mr GG had an 'accident' and it landed straight in the trash can at the end of the driveway.
:uhoh:

greeneyedgirl said:
How about a wicker laundry basket filled with a chunk of garland, a string of lights, and a few round plastic ornaments stuffed on top?

We called it "The Basket of Love" :wink:
It was supposed to be our $50 exchange gift.

Sad, though, it never quite made it from the car to the garage.
Mr GG had an 'accident' and it landed straight in the trash can at the end of the driveway.
:uhoh:

Hmm, that is similar to my family's notorious hat box secret Santa exchange gift at my grandma's Christmas party. My aunt had given her friend some money to come up with something "creative" for a secret Santa game my family plays every year. So she took a hat box, kinda sorta painted it (I think) and glued a couple twigs to it. Everyone thought it was a peace of garbage (literally), until we were down to the last gift. It kept turning up at that exchange every year until another of my aunt's "won" it and then promptly burned it.

Last edited:
My sister wants to give this photo of us to my mother for Christmas :huh: Personally, I think we look like a couple of bank robbers :happy:

72531588_d7fcd7f521.jpg

fah said:

I didn't know there was such a thing :wink: , if I could remember what I learned about knitting I could have given that to all the male members :D in my family

something tells me they don't carry the pattern for that at the local So Fro...

MrsSpringsteen said:

I didn't know there was such a thing :wink: , if I could remember what I learned about knitting I could have given that to all the male members :D in my family

something tells me they don't carry the pattern for that at the local So Fro...

I don't think it would be hard to knit :wink:

had to bring this thread back up-

my great grandpa just gave me a used, scratched, glass paperweight from 1994 that he got as a freebie from subscribing to a magazine :|

sami0201 said:

my great grandpa just gave me a used, scratched, glass paperweight from 1994 that he got as a freebie from subscribing to a magazine :|

Ya gotta love grand/great grandparents! So often the gifts are hilarious in kind of a hmmmm way! :yes:

angelordevil said:
My sister wants to give this photo of us to my mother for Christmas :huh: Personally, I think we look like a couple of bank robbers :happy:

72531588_d7fcd7f521.jpg

you dont look like bankrobbers...they wear ski caps...or hosiery over thier heads...

I think you look like one hot mutha...dang !

sami0201 said:

are you serious:lmao:!!!

paperweights:love:

gotta love grandpa!!:hug:

My worst gift this year was:hmm: this family tree picute thing:yuck:

I got a bottle of really ugly fingernail polish from someone who also said my "main gift" didn't yet arrive so I will have to wait for it. Gee, I can only sit and wonderwhat on earth THAT might be!

stammer476 said:
A few years ago, when I was in college, my parents got me a medieval sword for Christmas. Hello, random?

I was 21 years old, I wasn't into medieval things, I lived in a dorm where weapons aren't allowed, so what the heck am I going to do with a huge sword??!!

Aha.....did someone mention a sword..........{does it possess any magical qualities?}....this is interesting...........and what, may I ask has become of this so-called "sword'?

wizard2c
:|

I got my brother a golf calendar this Christmas :happy:.

the greatest part is, is that he has no need for a calendar :happy:

Back
Top Bottom