Worst Choice For Album Name Award Goes Too........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoo Schabow

Acrobat
I would go with that Fiona Apple one. I won't even write the whole title. Think if that album had won a Grammy. I'd feel sorry for the presenter. LOL

------------------
You think you know me

Even though that album title received alot of flack, her only error was using that as the title and not as a song. I felt the album title (though long) was extremely well-written and deep. And it's funny how because the media gave it alot of flack, consumers took on the negative attitude towards the title as well without even reading the entire title and giving it a chance to stand on its own as a statement (I do understand that for some, not thinking for themselves and adopting the media's attitude as truth is good enough).

I say this as conjecture, and not stating that most consumers are sheep. I love Fiona's work and her talent, and hate to see a fabulous album marred by such negative sentiment for those who might not have heard it simply because of its title. I give her alot of credit of being one of the few ballsy artists out there today. She might not get to the top via album sales and frequent positive press, but she's going against the grain and creating an impressive body of work on the strength of two solid albums.

Rip it up ma Noodle!!

I miss Jarvis pics.

frown.gif

I don't even remember the whole title, but I know it made me think of Terence Trent d'Arby.

Even her official web site is too embarrassed to write it all, and I can't be bothered to look any further for it.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

*sigh*

Unfortunately, this is often why beautiful and intelligent women are not taken seriously.

Oh gosh. I was just joking. I respect girls probably more than most guys in this world.

Anyway, back to album titles!

How about "Dookie" by Green Day? WTF is Dookie?

------------------
You think you know me

What's important is that they didn't call it "Liquid Dookie" as was originally intended. Now that would've been too much.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Diemen:
Without a doubt, it's got to be "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water" by none other than Limp Bizkit.

Losers.
biggrin.gif

Amen!!!

What's even funnier is the barrage of bad movie titles this past year!

Originally posted by Zoo Schabow:
Wow, she sure does have one!

Are you kidding me? Fiona Apple is as skinny as a rail.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

Amen!!!

What's even funnier is the barrage of bad movie titles this past year!

And even though the movie isn't out yet, I officially award the worst movie title of 2001 to Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. It sounds like a cheesy B horror movie.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Diemen:
And even though the movie isn't out yet, I officially award the worst movie title of 2001 to Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. It sounds like a cheesy B horror movie.
biggrin.gif

LMFAO!! I totally agree with you!

Also up for horrid movie titles (irregardles of the content of the movie):

Training Day
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (why name the movie twice?)
The Mexican
The Score
K-PAX (too gyno for me)
Double Take
Joe Dirt
Out Cold
Spy Game
Domestic Disturbance
Riding in Cars with Boys
Don't Say a Word

and so on......
smile.gif

WHEN THE PAWN Hits The Conflicts He Thinks Like A King What He knows Throws The Blows When He Goes To The Fight And He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters The Ring There's No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand And Remember That Depth Is The Greatest Of Heights And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where To Land And If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right.

That's the title of Fiona's 1999 release. The funny this is that it's actually a really good album. It's a 90 word album title if you count the contractions as one word apiece.

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
WHEN THE PAWN Hits The Conflicts He Thinks Like A King What He knows Throws The Blows When He Goes To The Fight And He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters The Ring There's No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand And Remember That Depth Is The Greatest Of Heights And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where To Land And If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right.
Now, that's just sad. Especially the "cuz". I'm wouldn't be seen dead with that in my CD tower, and I have some pretty damn embarrassing things in there.

The Cranberries' "Wake Up and Smell the Coffie" is pretty bad. But what do you expect from a band that gave the world such immortal lyrics as "something bad has happened to me as I was having my cup of tea" (I'm rephrasing here),
smile.gif

Limp Bizkit's latest opus' title is at least -intentionally- bad.

Back
Top Bottom