worst. band names. ever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hcbiggs2002 said:

Not if you're a British citizen it's not! :wink:

Anyone remember The Crash Test Dummies?!? :huh:

I don't know if I know anything by them, but i HAVE heard of them

bono_212 said:

they sing that song called "Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm"

the guy had a super deep voice:

"Once, there was this girl who...."

Angela Harlem said:

limp means soggy, not rigid. in terms of limp bizkit, i've always thought of it as a biscuit which was dunked in coffee or whatever.
I believe Limp Bizkit (limp biscuit) was supposed to be a euphemism for a flaccid penis.
Remember its Fred Durst.

The Swollen Monkeys.

(Their album was sitting on the shelf right next to U2's Boy the week Boy came out. Not kidding. Never forgot either name because I had never heard of either group and I thought they both sounded weird.)

bono_212 said:

Their most famous hit was 'Red, red, wine'. Their style was a sort of white reggie/sca music!

Also UB40, in England, is also the number of the form that you have to fill out to apply for social security!! :wink:

Death Cab for Cutie doesn't do much for me as far as band names go. The worst ones are the kind where you've decided you hate the band before you've heard their first note, such as Kajagoogoo.

It felt really gay just to type that band's name.

OnFire said:
Death Cab for Cutie doesn't do much for me as far as band names go. The worst ones are the kind where you've decided you hate the band before you've heard their first note, such as Kajagoogoo.

It felt really gay just to type that band's name.

:lmao:

agree on Death Cab, though I like their music. Death From Above 1979 is also a terrible band name and it makes me hate them even though I've never heard their music. Stupid pretentious band names like that kill me. Like Broken Social Scene...I thought they were an emo band based on their name :huh: but they're not at all, they're awesome

Dave Matthews Band...real original

Hoobastank...terrible

Weezer...ehhh

Panic! At the Disco - Stop! Pretentious Band Names (and shitty music)

on that note, The Go! Team

and probably a lot of other stuff already mentioned, like Korn, Toad the Wet Sprockett, Limp Bizkit, Taking Back Sunday, Tool, Coldplay, etc.

The Unicorns...dunno who they are but unless they're a bunch of twelve year old girls that name is weeeeeak

any band with unnecessary numbers, like Sum 41, Eiffel 65, etc. I don't really feel like U2 falls into this category since their name is a pun and it's so short. but SR-71? come on. what the hell.

bonocomet said:
The Swollen Monkeys.

(Their album was sitting on the shelf right next to U2's Boy the week Boy came out. Not kidding. Never forgot either name because I had never heard of either group and I thought they both sounded weird.)

On a related note, there is a group called Swollen Members.

redhotswami said:

On a related note, there is a group called Swollen Members.

My sister saw them live. I'll never forget the conversation between her and my parents:

Sister: Can I go see Swollen Members at the Salmon Festival?
Parents: WHAT?!

Back
Top Bottom