World Series Questions that beg to be answered...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
1. Will the Angels pitch to Barry Bonds?

2. Will the Angels be able to hit anything after having 5 days off? Will the Giants be able to hit anything after having 4 days off?

3. Will Frankie Rodriguez feel the pressure and become ineffective in the World Series?

4. Will the Angels be able to beat the Giants' superior starting pitching staff?

5. Will Benito Santiago once again come up huge?

6. Will Troy Glaus be as huge offensively as he was in the Yankee and Twin series?

7. Will the Rally Monkey scare the Giants?????? huh huh huh?? :crazy: :bow: :uhoh: :coocoo:

pub crawler said:

2. Will the Angels be able to hit anything after having 5 days off? Will the Giants be able to hit anything after having 4 days off?

3. Will Frankie Rodriguez feel the pressure and become ineffective in the World Series?

4. Will the Angels be able to beat the Giants' superior starting pitching staff?

6. Will Troy Glaus be as huge offensively as he was in the Yankee and Twin series?

7. Will the Rally Monkey scare the Giants?????? huh huh huh?? :crazy: :bow: :uhoh: :coocoo:

1. No.

2. Yes and yes.

3. Good question.

4. Yes.

5. No.

6. Yes.

7. ABSOLUTELY.

**jezebel runs off to get ready to go to a sports bar for the first time in her life** :wave:

Re: I have a question...

The Wanderer said:
will anybody bother to watch?

I agree. It will hard to get the general public interested in an all California World Series. I'm a big baseball fan, so I'll probably watch. Ratings will probably be pretty low.

Re: I have a question...

The Wanderer said:
will anybody bother to watch?

:madspit:

everybody in California will

that's a lot of people

And if you grew up in Orange County, or Southern California for that matter, the fact that the Angels finally reached the World Series is a big deal

so there!

Re: Re: Re: I have a question...

rafmed said:
They can play inside a wardrove and no one would care. ;)

A series without the Yankees is no world series, check the ratings

Sure thing, chief. ;)

Thanks, CNNSI.com

Year Network Rating

2001 Fox 15.7*
2000 Fox 12.4*
1999 NBC 16.0*
1998 Fox 14.1*
1997 NBC 16.8
1996 Fox 17.4*
1995 ABC/NBC 19.5
1993 CBS 17.3
1992 CBS 20.2
1991 CBS 24.0
1990 CBS 20.8
1989 ABC 16.4
1988 NBC 23.9
1987 ABC 24.0
1986 NBC 28.6
1985 ABC 25.3

* Indicates years in which the Yankees played in the World Series.

Notice that the last four World Series in which the Yankees played just happen to be the lowest-rated World Series ever. And if you feel like blaming the 1994 strike for waning fan interest in baseball, notice that ratings for the series in 1995 are actually higher than they were in 1993, before the players walked out.

Oh and that highly-touted all-New York series in 2000 was by far the lowest rated World Series ever. You're right, I checked the facts. People don't give a shit about the Yankees. Good to know. :wink:

I know I have a bit of an advantage since I'm answering this in the middle of Game 1, but here goes anyway.

1. They have to

2. Both teams will still be able to hit

3. Probably

4. Definitely

5. Probably not

6. Absolutely

7. No, but all those red banging things the Angels fans have will

Sorry jezebel, but the Giants are going to win this thing in 5 games. *me sad*

Yep, that's the honest truth.

Why?

For the following reasons....

The Angels beat the Yankees because

the Yankees thought their glamour quotient would carry them through the playoffs. They were wrong.

The Angels beat the Twins because the Twins were too young and underestimated the Angels, just as the Yankees did.

The Giants, on the other hand, do not underestimate the Angels.

They know the Angels are hungry, but they too are hungry, and they're older and more experienced, so they are confident that they are better than the Halos. They think they deserve it more than the Halos.

Plus, the Giants have a kickass bullpen.

That said, I'm happy that Troy Glaus has been fucking huge all through the playoffs. I never expected that from him.

Unfortunately, Tim Salmon is not huge in these playoffs. He's doing okay, but not enough to push the Angels over the top.

Unless Garret starts hitting some home runs with men on base, this thing is all over.

It's been a nice year.

Hey, Pub, how was game two??? Incredible, no? You must be exhausted!!!!!!!!!

Do you still think that the Giants will win in five?

I see that most, if not all, of your questions have been answered:wink:

And the most important questions of all: How was the rally monkey think in the sixth? And how loud WAS it?

:up: :up: :up:

Eh, more often than not, they're not pitching to Bonds. And when they have, he's hit the ball out, although Frankie Rodriguez beat him last night.

An emphatic YES on both counts.

Obviously no.

So far, the pitching has been about even. Schmidt was good, but hittable.

No, but J.T. Snow is killing us.

Yes.

Yes. :mac:

Last edited:
jezebel said:

Do you still think that the Giants will win in five?

I see that most, if not all, of your questions have been answered:wink:

And the most important questions of all: How was the rally monkey think in the sixth? And how loud WAS it?

:up: :up: :up:

Game 2 was indeed incredible, jezebel. So glad I had the opportunity to go! The rally monkey: I think it's lame when they have the monkey hold up "make noise" signs, but they did a clip where they had him (actually 2 identical rally monkeys side by side) stoically sing "We Will Rock You" with moving lips inserted, ala Conan O'Brien. That clip was freakin' hilarious! :lol: The monkey made the crowd scream loud and when Salmon hit his home run the noise was deafaning. The World Series experience was surreal. I felt like I was in another world. I didn't see Salmon's home run ball till the last half of its trajectory and then it was coming right up at me -- as I sat high in the upper deck in left field -- in slow motion, or so it seemed. I swear I thought I saw the rotation on the ball ------- it was like a dream.

As to whether the Giants will win in five, I don't know at this point. I tend to agree with the national media that these teams are evenly matched. That said, the Giants now have home field advantage, and that could end up deciding the series.

I was soooooo p.o.'d at Kevin Appier last night. His guys get him 5 runs and gives back 4 in the next half inning. HE SUCKS. He's a guy who gives you 5 or 6 inning starts all year, so you get innings from him, but he never goes more than 6, and he's always behind the count on the hitters -- and he gives up a lot of base hits. He's also put our pitching staff at somewhat of a disadvantage now 'cause we had to use Lackey last night who was supposed to start game 4. This could really throw off our rotation.

I was saying all weekend that Salmon was going to have to start hitting and he came up absolutely HUGE last night, thank god.

Frankie is unbelievable.

Foxxern beat me to this point, but regards to Yanks and ratings...highest rated Ws ever...1986, Red Sox/ Mets...why? High drama (Damn you Bill Buckner).
Will this one do well? It depends on quality of games, but after games 1 and 2, people who were at first disinterested may start tuning in. This is shaping up to be a pretty good series, 2 one run games so far, the decision to pitch to Bonds backfiring, and the decision to walk Bonds backfiring. One F. Rodriguez coming up huge, the other F. Rodriguez giving up the game winning blast.
Both these teams have likeable players and storylines, relatively low payrolls (especially if Bonds were taken out of the mix), and its a series that may end up really catching the public if it goes 6 or 7 games.

Last edited:
Originally posted by jezebel

I was lucky enough to attend. What a game!

Our seats were behind home plate about 3/4 of the ways up.

I agree with everything Pub said.

I am glad they are pitching to Bonds.

His 9th inning HR was so fast I lost it.

I brought earplugs. The noise was at 110 decibels.

I thing Pac Bell park (deeper) and pitching gives SF advantage for games 3,4 and 5.

Game 3 is starting now.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I have a question...

Foxxern said:

Sure thing, chief. ;)

Thanks, CNNSI.com

Year Network Rating

2001 Fox 15.7*
2000 Fox 12.4*
1999 NBC 16.0*
1998 Fox 14.1*
1997 NBC 16.8
1996 Fox 17.4*
1995 ABC/NBC 19.5
1993 CBS 17.3
1992 CBS 20.2
1991 CBS 24.0
1990 CBS 20.8
1989 ABC 16.4
1988 NBC 23.9
1987 ABC 24.0
1986 NBC 28.6
1985 ABC 25.3

Oh and that highly-touted all-New York series in 2000 was by far the lowest rated World Series ever. You're right, I checked the facts. People don't give a shit about the Yankees. Good to know. :wink:
nice job Foxxren:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: I have a question...

Foxxern said:

Sure thing, chief. ;)

Thanks, CNNSI.com

Year Network Rating

2001 Fox 15.7*
2000 Fox 12.4*
1999 NBC 16.0*
1998 Fox 14.1*
1997 NBC 16.8
1996 Fox 17.4*
1995 ABC/NBC 19.5
1993 CBS 17.3
1992 CBS 20.2
1991 CBS 24.0
1990 CBS 20.8
1989 ABC 16.4
1988 NBC 23.9
1987 ABC 24.0
1986 NBC 28.6
1985 ABC 25.3

Notice that the last four World Series in which the Yankees played just happen to be the lowest-rated World Series ever. And if you feel like blaming the 1994 strike for waning fan interest in baseball, notice that ratings for the series in 1995 are actually higher than they were in 1993, before the players walked out.

:lmao: :lol:

Rating for Game 2 of the World Series 11.9

Game 1 don't even get in the top 20 of the week, meaning its less than 9.6 :lmao:

http://tv.yahoo.com/nielsen/

Even Yankee haters are not turning on the TV

Anyone missing this Series is in for disappointment...I've had to sit though years of the Yankees being there...year after year...screw the ratings, GO ANGELS!!

jezebel said:
Hey, Pub... Do you still think that the Giants will win in five?

Ummmmmm, no. *sheepish grin*

But I still think the Giants have different "intangibles" than the Yankees and Twins, and those intangibles make them tougher. In a nutshell, they, like the Angels, never give up.

pub crawler said:

Ummmmmm, no. *sheepish grin*

But I still think the Giants have different "intangibles" than the Yankees and Twins, and those intangibles make them tougher. In a nutshell, they, like the Angels, never give up.

Pubster-
Dont worry..
Dont panic..

By the end of Game 7..The Angels will understand who their "daddy" is..ie-Barry Bonds:D

DB9
:dance:

diamond said:

Pubster-
Dont worry..
Dont panic..

By the end of Game 7..The Angels will understand who their "daddy" is..ie-Barry Bonds:D

DB9

Oh, dave, you are such a smack-talker, aren't you? :mac: :yell: :wave:

Whatever happened to the Diamondbacks, db9? Aren't you a zonie? :huh: :huh: :evil: :p:lol:

Last edited:
jezebel said:

Yes
yes.
I can see it in my mind's eye..:)
Single file line..The Angels one at a time kneeling before Barry kissing his ring-finger 1 at a time offering their salutations..as they pass by after Game 7:):sexywink:

DB9

diamond said:

Yes
yes.
Diamond kneeling behind Barry, kissing his ass so hard that his hand is waving:wave: thru Barry's nose.:lmao:

us3 said:
diamond said:

Yes
yes.
Diamond kneeling behind Barry, kissing his ass so hard that his hand is waving:wave: thru Barry's nose.:lmao:
Listen us3-
Just because you work out w Barry at your gym..
in the Bay area..
you cannot take away from him he is a competent athlete and has The LA Dodgers -(your fav team btw) as his little bitches..
:sexywink:
thank u
DB9
:wave:

Back
Top Bottom