World Series: Marlinx VS. Yankees - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2003, 06:22 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:29 PM
World Series: Marlinx VS. Yankees

I can't say I'm real excited about this.

What about the rest of you?

Whose going to win?

Whose going to watch?

Old 10-17-2003, 06:26 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:29 PM
says it all

I may watch bits of the games, but it is far less interesting than watching the Red Sox and/or Cubs play.

Old 10-17-2003, 06:51 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 10:29 PM
i may watch, but most likely not like i did for the playoffs. mainly because i am not a fan of either team. but i do not want the Yankees to win.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:54 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Boo-ring.

Not that I watch baseball anyway, but when the Cubs were in I did catch a few games.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:29 PM   #5
Refugee

Now that the "curses" remain alive, and Cubs and Red Sox are again waiting for "next year", lets concentrate on the winners, hope the Yankees win...again, but I think it won't be easy.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:29 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:29 PM

not watching it. i'd love to have someone tell me when it's all over that the marlins pounded the shit out of the yankees, but i'm afraid that won't happen...

and i couldn't care less about the marlins.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:29 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Sadly for baseball, this World Series will be totally anti-climactic after the 2 LCS we just had.
My head says Yank-Me's in 5.
My heart says Marlins.
Go Mike Lowell.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:04 AM   #8
Refugee

watched 5 games with Oakland and got a sweet emotion

remember : " and HE strikes him out !!! " , and i became a red sox fan .

, then watched 7 games against the %^&*%^ yankees and had a heart attack , watching the red sox is like shocking therapy

hello , btw

5 outs away ........
Old 10-20-2003, 10:16 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

ummm yeah...

maybe bud selig's right... maybe they should contract teams... 'cause the florida marlins have a damn good team filled with young talent... and no one seems to care because it's not a "marque" team. strange... people don't wanna see the yankees because they're sick of watching the same damn team win every year, yet they don't wanna watch the fresh young marlins because they don't know anyone on the team... seems like a bit of a contradiction to me

or maybe it's just a hangover from two of the greatest LCS' there have ever been i dunno... i'm still watching... game 3 has quite the pitching matchup lined up
Old 10-20-2003, 10:23 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

i agree hizeadache

i can understand why nobody wanted to see the yankees in the world series, they are always in it

but the marlins are a fresh, young team that play a damn exciting brand of baseball

its also a david vs goliath type of matchup and youd think a lot of people would be excited and support the marlins to bring down the evil empire, but people are pretty indifferent to it

kind of confuses me as well

oh well, i will enjoy it as well
Old 10-21-2003, 05:49 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I think because so many people were hoping for a Cubs/Red Sox Series (or in my case Twins/Cubs) that watching the Yankees again is just a letdown. I have nothing against the Marlins and if they were playing against another team I might be more interested. Sorry Yanks fans, but most of us are tired your team...it's nice for you, but not anyone else.

Meanwhile, I've got hockey tickets for tonight. Woo Hoo.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:33 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Lovable Cubs and Red Sox fans? Fool says good riddance

Betting Fool, SF Gate
Tuesday, October 21, 2003
2003 SF Gate

http://sfgate.com/article.cgi?file=/...21/fool247.DTL

What is so lovable about being a loser? The best thing about the World Series is not David Wells' gelatinous gut or Miguel Cabrera's fuzzy cheeks. It's that Red Sox and Cubs fans have nothing to look forward to: no more choking, no more whining, no more losing, no more baseball.

I kept hearing that the country wanted a Red Sox-Cubs World Series because those long-suffering fans would finally feel joy. Oh, and so the preppy pinheads at ESPN could continue their BoSox-fueled wet dreams. The entire nation, said the media, was behind the Cubs.

Nobody cares about long-suffering Giants fans, or short-suffering A's fans or Arizona Cardinals fans or SMU football fans. Atlanta Hawks fans? All 16 of them are routinely ignored.

Cubs fans? Losers all. You're not cute, you're not fun and you're mostly pathetic. Have another Heineken at some overcrowded pickup bar.

The way they attacked the people who dared touch a baseball coming down in their seats showed staggering ignorance. Every one of them would have done the same thing. That play didn't cost the Cubs anything.

The Cubs -- and Dusty Baker -- cost the Cubs everything.

The "lovable" Cubs were up 3-2 with their two best pitchers going at home against a grim collection of Marlin mediocrity in Carl Pavano and Mark Redman. They gagged like the Bills in the Super Bowl.

Hey, Dusty, that series of line drives coming off the bats of the slap-hitting Marlins? Yeah, that's about nine in a row, might wanna go get Kerry Wood.

Hey, Smilin' Sammy, now that the world has forgiven you for cheating (how does he get off the hook so fast?) -- you can go back to Fraudville and stare at yourself in the mirror.

Hey, Cubs bellpen, here's a match to go with that 5-gallon container of gasoline and that portable flame thrower.

As for the Red Sox fans, I got a full dose of them in Oakland during the playoffs. They are the most intelligent fans in all of baseball, just ask them. They can break down a first-and-third situation -- and all the possible ways to defense it -- better than any Boston manager.

They are also bullies and pompous gasbags and are -- for the most part -- incapable of winning with grace.

Of course the nation wanted to see the Red Sox in the World Series. Baseball fans everywhere could have planned their lives rather easily as Boston would have been swept, choking and gagging and complaining all the way to the end.

Is there a bigger jackass in sports than Pedro Martinez? I think not. Given a 4-0 lead and the weight of the entire Boston sports scene (the most important sports scene in the history of the world no doubt) Pedro crumbled like a year-old cookie. Pedro's evil twin? Roger Clemens.

Lovable Cubs and Red Sox fans? I say screw 'em and good riddance.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:02 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

nice article...
Old 10-22-2003, 01:40 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Very pleasent and upbeat writer.

Got home from the hockey game to see the game still on TV and tied in the 7th inning. Looks like it's gonna be the Yankees.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:13 AM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

i hope everyone who doesn't want to watch this series is happy... they only missed one of the greatest world series games of all time last night... 12 innings... hall of fame pitcher making his last start ever, and pitching well (the first inning aside)... a young pitcher, pavano, stepping up... and a walk off homerun. you can't get much better than that.