World Series: Marlinx VS. Yankees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this also just goes to show how big of bandwagon fans cubs fans really are

once the cubs are out, baseball is boring, yeah ok

now that nobody is out partying in the streets of chicago there is really no reason to watch

cubs fans care more about going to the games and drinking beer and having a party in the stands, because its the "cool" thing to do in chicago, thats why the sell out even when they suck, because most of the people dont even care about the baseball

yet they brag about what great fans they are, please

he's overrated

how many world series has he won?

he would be low on my list of managers i would want to manage my team through the playoffs

Chizip said:

cubs fans care more about going to the games and drinking beer
Cubs fans actually drink the beer??
In all the coverage I've seen, the fans are pouring the beer on other fans and opposing ballplayers.

Okay. I admit it. I can't help but watch the games. I love baseball. That's the way it is.

The slightest chance that the Marlins can pull this off also helps to keep me interested.

Watching Clemens strike out his last guy was pretty cool, too.

i dont see why it was a secret and something you have to admit in the first place

its no shame to admit to watching baseball, especially the world series

So do you think when Derek Jeter took the field in game 5, looked to his right and saw Error Boone, then looked to his left and saw Enrique Wilson he just shook his head and said "What the f*ck".

Nobody thought they'd catch the Phillies for the NL Wild Card... and they did.

Nobody thought they'd beat Barry Bonds and the Giants... and they did.

Nobody thought they could come back from down 3-1, knowing they had to face Prior AND Wood IN Wrigley for game 6 and 7... and they did.

Nobody thought they could beat the 26 time World Champion New York Yankees... and they did.

Your 2003 World Series Champions, The Florida Marlins.
mlb-florida.gif

and on a side note... the Florida Marlins, in 10 years of existance, have 2 more world championships than the Red Sox have in the past 85 years.

Last edited:
This was indeed an awesome post-season :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and on a side note... the Florida Marlins, in 10 years of existance, have 2 more world championships than the Red Sox have in the past 85 years.

^ Was that necessary? :eyebrow:

I love that signature U2girl02!

Funny shit Headache(the Red Sox comment)!

What a boring series. A let down after the LCS

the last time I saw this many Marlins fans around here was six years ago...but I suppose they had a reason to leave when the team got torn apart in 98...at least this team wasn't bought....

money has never won championships... good teams win championships. sometimes those teams also happen to be the highest paid, sometimes they aren't. in this case, the better team won. the best players don't always make the best team.

the difference between the mid to late 90s yankee teams and the mid to late 80's yankee teams was very simple. both teams spent more than any other team in baseball, but the 80s teams had steinbrenner just buying free agents at will, never worrying about how they'd play together, or how they'd perform in the clutch, or how they would perform under the microscope that is playing in a city with three major newspapers, two 24/7 sports talk radio stations, blah blah blah. in the 90's, steinbrenner took a more hands off approach and allowed gene "stick" michales and brian cashman to control player movement. they built a good TEAM, not just a bunch of highly paid players. recently, steinbrenner has taken more and more control back, and has been signing players on name value alone without regards to wether or not they can actually play in new york in the post-season... see jason giambi, aaron boone (the one homer aside), weaver, mondesi, benitez, etc. etc. and look for that to continue from The Boss... look for all his GMs and coaches to quit... and who knows... maybe look for a return of the Bronx Zoo, as the new york press dubbed the mess that was the over-paied, under achieving yankees of the 80s and early 90s.

Last edited:
and yes u2girl02... a shot at the red sox is always neccesary.

and i found that world series to be quite exciting... was it as good as the ALCS, no. but what's wrong with that? the 2003 ALCS will only go down as one of the greatest 7 game serieses (sp) of all time... kinda hard to top that. but the world series was quite good in it's own right.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and yes u2girl02... a shot at the red sox is always neccesary.

I see. :tsk:
May I just ask why? Is it the fact that we haven't won a Series in 85 years that makes everyone want to mock us? Most of us are over that and are looking to the future, so why can't everyone else get over it, too?

Originally posted by zoney!
I love that signature U2girl02!

Thanks, zoney! :)

i've told the story before... yet i shall tell it again...

i'm a met fan. i have a severe distaste for all things yankee and yankee related. watching joe torre get carried off on derek jeter and paul o'neil's shoulders ON shea stadium turf... ughhh... makes me wanna puke just thinking about it.

that being said... when i went away to school in new hampshire, my expectations were this... i hate the yankees... red sox fans hate the yankees... we should probably get along just splendedly. afterall, we share a common enemy.

within the time period of one calendar week... the following picture, along with the words "Great Moments in Red Sox History" was hanging from my dorm room window...

1986_ws.jpg

just because i was from new york... regardless of what team i rooted for... red sox fans gave me a hard time, even though we were really rooting for the same thing... the ultimate demise of the new york yankees. being one who's always up for a fight, i have mocked them relentlessly ever since, and shall continue to do so. it got to the point that in this past series, when the two teams i hate played each other... i wasn't rooting for the yankees to win, per say, rather i was rooting for the red sox to lose so i could mock them a second time. thus i hope i've explained my mockery... and i leave with this...

torrez.jpg

b.f.dent

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom