world cup spot spot 32- Uraguay 3Australia 0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
man in the back of my mind i sort of knew this was going to happen

and i had to get up for THIS? 2.30am Australia time

oh well soccer will continue to flourish as a b-grade sport here in australia where everyone sees their players as 2nd class citizens

unlike the rest of the world, soccer is NOT australia's world game.
but i guess its not in america either

yet they QUALIFY (!?)

Along with Alpine sports (which is understandable) soccer must be one of the few sports that we as a nation do not do well in, why is this???? oh well maybe one day the Socceroos will make it there, but 4 years is a long time to wait, I suggest watching the test series against the Kiwis- we are sure to win this
smile.gif

The rain does suck, but hey if you were listening to Roy and HG yesterday on JJJ they gave some very funny commentary about having a test series in Hobart,,,,,anyway it can never be to bad when one gets to see AB make a hundred----I love cricket season
smile.gif

Being a "soccer mum" I know how the score, when the whistle blows, does not always reflect what happened in the game. But there can only be one winner, not our lads this time. Heads up men
frown.gif
smile.gif

**cass hugs the Socceroo's mums** cause I know how their hearts and souls go into their son's choice of sport.
Congratulations Uraguay.

PS: not soccer, but this seems an Aussie thread and you mentioned rain....Channel V are filming in Grafton this evening. It's been a mad rush at the studio this past week, everyone getting last minute demo's done to submit. We are a bit surprised at Channel V's choice, "Mudcrab Boogie". But the singer(I hope he plays his didgeredoo) and his brother on bass, and the nice keyboard player, deserve a shot too. They all do, imho. But like the soccer, there can only be one winner. So pleeeeeeassssseee stop raining between 4 and 8 pm tonight, then it can bucket down. If you have PayTV, check it out.(PS one of our friends bands that didn't make it on, seriously rang yesterday looking to hire a PA. They were going to set up across the road from the Channel V bus and play anyway.)We'll see.

back to the soccer....

Nooooo, back to Channel V. Not only did it rain, there was thunder and lightening too. Last minute they moved from an ODB to the Agricultural Pavilion at the showground, affectionately known as "the Barn". An apt title. LMAO Denni Hines was dancing round with a pair of giant white bloomers on her head when I was there briefly(boom boom "briefly" get it?), so I think they were portraying Grafton as Hicksville.
I wish I had someone to video it.I didn't know Bucko(love ya guts)would be playing drums with Mudcrab. It was his daggy swing song they chose(hard to believe he used to be in The Radiators, he's such an old-fashioned jazz man at heart).I just have this feeling it came across badly...again...ahh well.....lol.

back to....... soccer?

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 11-27-2001).]

It could be worse...you could live in Canada, where our soccer team is ranked about 80th in the world and yet nobody seems to care enough to do anything about it.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom