world cup qualifying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:
I've got my Irish flag wrapped around me and watching MatchCast feverishly while I should be studying...I have 2 midterm exams tomorrow and about a week's worth of reading to do...and yet I can't not watch!

This is nerve-racking. :yikes:

How's the game going??

Good luck for tomorrow! :wink: :up:

wasn't Michael Ballack responsible for eliminating Man Utd from the Champions league a few years ago for Bayer leverkusen?

good player, i don't think Bayern munich would let him go though

I think that outside germany this player can actually only fail.
Many teams like Real, Barcelona, Inter, Milan have also interest, but he's almost 30, he never played abroad, and he's too german to change his german player mentality......................

he's too german to change his german player mentality...................... [/B]

You mean, a winner mentality ?
3 world cups (won in the last 60 years)
3 or 4 Eurocups.
Well, it's a good mentality.....

Anyway, the favorites for the world cup

1 Brazil
2 Argentina
3 Italy
4 Netherlands
5 France
--
31 England
32 Togo

guill said:

You mean, a winner mentality ?
3 world cups (won in the last 60 years)
3 or 4 Eurocups.
Well, it's a good mentality.....

Yep, I correct myself, nowdays german mentality................
Germany's no more the big team they used to be, after Euro 1996 a lot of things changed. except the world cup 2002, where they catched the final (god only knows how, remember the game against USA?? And the same final against Brazil?? Germany was slapped around, they played bad football, not the one we were used to), this is what they've done

1998 world cup: out in 1/4 final 0-3 against Croatia
2000 euro : out first turn with 1 draw and 2 defeats
2004 euro . out first turn 1 draw 2 defeats

and today's Klinsmann' s national team is also a poor thing, discontinous and many times awful.
Not talking about the clubs, already 3 teams were thrown away right after the first game in uefa cup and germany lost a few years ago even the 4th team in champions league..................
More failure than this...........................

I don't think you people should expect Germany to do bad this time, though. Regardless of their recent results.

I disagree with guill's list. England are not the 31st best country that are going to the World Cup, by virtue of the fact that Bahrain might be going there. Bahrain are crap. I know this. That said England are not going to win the tournament.

Neither is Germany. Or for that matter, France or Italy.

Who will win? Brazil, of course.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I disagree with guill's list. England are not the 31st best country that are going to the World Cup, by virtue of the fact that Bahrain might be going there. Bahrain are crap. I know this. That said England are not going to win the tournament.

Since the tournament is in Germany, I expect the Netherlands as one of the finalists. And I of course hope for a result like we had in 1988 (although that one was for the European Cup). :wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:

Seriously speaking, I think that Brazil is clearly a favorite.

A notch below are Argentina, Italy and Germany.

And a notch below them are England, France and the Netherlands.

A lot will depend on the so-called "lottery" to allocate the groups that I think will take place in December... curiously enough, this lottery yielded that during the last World Cup we had to play England, Sweden and Nigeria... while Brazil played Turkey, Costa Rica and some other crappy team. Make your own conclusions...

Togo is a little bit behind... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom