world cup qualifying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Popmartijn said:

His goal against Argentina (World Cup quarterfinals 1998) is still phenomenal. Especially when you hear the Dutch radio commentator for that game. :)

Bergkamp is a loser.

:mad:

On another matter, here is what I think Sven should change the England side to, if we are to have ANY chance of going all the way in Germany.

3-5-2
(This formation is SO obvious it makes me weep to know that Sven is ignoring this!)

Robinson

Ferdinand
Terry
Campbell

G. Neville (Right Wing-Back)
Beckham
Lampard
Gerrard
A. Cole (Left Wing-Back - with his pace and ability to go forward aswell as defend, this INSTANTLY sorts out our problem of having no left footed played on the left wing)

Rooney (Tucked in behind Owen)
Owen

I should be manager:up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
Aren't Neville, Cole and Campbell injured?

Lampard + Gerrard does not work. One or the other with someone like Carrick filling the other CM slot.

They'll be fit for the World Cup tho I hope!:wink:

And I think Lampard and Gerrard looked not too bad (at last!) for a brief period in the 1st half of saturdays game!

yertle-the-turtle said:
What exactly is Mr. van Gelder saying, Marty?

Here's a quick and dirty translation: :wink:
...pushes Stam away. Tries to give an assist. Oh, Batistuta barely misses, nothing's happening. Frank de Boer had a good overview. The Netherlands, the Netherlands are going to reach the semi-finals. I suddenly have this we feeling we're going to reach the semi-finals. With the ball for Frank de Boer. Frank de Boer plays the ball, very good, to Dennis Bergkamp.
Dennis Bergkamp.
Dennis Bergkamp controls the ball!

DENNIS BERGKAMP
DENNIS BERGKAMP
DENNIS BERGKAMP
DENNIS BERGKAMP
DENNIS BERGKAMP

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

FRANK DE BOER PASSES THE BALL TO DENNIS BERGKAMP, WHO CONTROLS THE BALL FLAWLESSLY AND SCORES!
THERE ARE OFFICIALLY ONLY 20 SECONDS LEFT TO PLAY!

DENNIS BERGKAMP!
2-1!

:hyper:

Aardvark747 said:
On another matter, here is what I think Sven should change the England side to, if we are to have ANY chance of going all the way in Germany.

3-5-2
(This formation is SO obvious it makes me weep to know that Sven is ignoring this!)

Robinson

Ferdinand
Terry
Campbell

Beckham
Lampard
Gerrard
A. Cole (Left Wing-Back - with his pace and ability to go forward aswell as defend, this INSTANTLY sorts out our problem of having no left footed played on the left wing)

Owen

I like it, defensive and offensive overall well balanced................
What about Gerrard right behind Rooney and Owen?
It would be kinda 3-4-1-2 with Beckham and Lampard in the middle supporting the forward trio while Gary and Ashley helping the defensive and turning in a sort of 5-2-3 in certain phases of the game.........
So, when are you planning to kick off Sven's ass?? :wink: :wink:

babyman said:

I like it, defensive and offensive overall well balanced................
What about Gerrard right behind Rooney and Owen?
It would be kinda 3-4-1-2 with Beckham and Lampard in the middle supporting the forward trio while Gary and Ashley helping the defensive and turning in a sort of 5-2-3 in certain phases of the game.........
So, when are you planning to kick off Sven's ass?? :wink: :wink:

It was me who threw the brick threw his window!:ohmy:

:wink:

Honestly tho - he is paid 4.5million a year!!?!?:|

It's the finest english football generation ever................................isn't there anyone amongst the Brits who would manage them like it should be???
Your Sir Alex Ferguson, for example.....................
Who better than him knows the english football and the english players?

Fergie would be a great choice, but he wouldnt ever take the job i'm certain. UTD will be his last place of work.

Sam Allardyce would be the right man for the job if u ask me.

Popmartijn said:

Here's a quick and dirty translation: :wink:

:hyper:

You would not believe how much I swore against your players that afternoon... I think I even insulted the royal family (even though you now have an Argentine Princess... :wink: ).

But, well, we kicked your butt in the 1978 final and won the Cup that year so no big deal... :wink:

Aardvark747 said:

3-5-2

Robinson

Ferdinand
Terry
Campbell

Beckham
Lampard
Gerrard

Owen

England going all the way...

:lmao:

Seriously speaking, I truly hope we end up in the same Group again... revenge will be terrible... hands of God included. :up:

Aardvark747 said:

As much as I hate to say this, I will have to say that Brazil are my favorites again... they have an amazing set of forwards (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Adriano, Kaka, Julio Battista)... no other team in the world comes even close...

Our hope is that their defense continues to be pathetic and we can beat them 10-9 or so...

U2@NYC said:

As much as I hate to say this, I will have to say that Brazil are my favorites again... they have an amazing set of forwards (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Adriano, Kaka, Julio Battista)... no other team in the world comes even close...

Our hope is that their defense continues to be pathetic and we can beat them 10-9 or so...

Is there at least one team able to beat Brazil?????

I've got my Irish flag wrapped around me and watching MatchCast feverishly while I should be studying...I have 2 midterm exams tomorrow and about a week's worth of reading to do...and yet I can't not watch!

This is nerve-racking. :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom