World Cup of Hockey, 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this the best Canadian Team of all time? Even without Blake, Jovo, and Pronger, this team, combined with the mix of old superstardom (Sakic, Lemieux, etc) and new superstardom (Iginla, etc), is a very fun team to watch. Hmmm....I'll still take the 1987 group with Mario and Wayne anyday though.

kobayashi said:
brett hull is running out of nations to play for. what a hack.

Seriously. What an ass. Maybe someone should torture him... force him to play for Germany, or something like that.

Anyway, go Canada! This is going to be a good game tonight, I can feel it.

Does anyone actually like Brett Hull? I mean the guy acts like a grumpy old man. What was Wayne thinking when he asked him to play for Pheonix? The guys going to drop that team moral faster than he quits teams.

I used to hate Brett Hull, particularly with the Dallas Stars, but after "The Season" I warmed up to him. :reject:

I still like to call him The Mummy Returns.

Oh man... it looks like it's going to be Canada and Finland in the finals! (Because we all know Canada's going to win tonight)

Lecavalier and St. Louis, though I hate you both immensely when you play for that piss-poor team (i.e. Tampa Bay), score many goals! Marty, stop every shot that comes your way! Doan, you keep that puck out of our zone! This is our game...and we deserve to win it!

*launches into a rowdy version of "O Canada"*

Let us all pray for the continued success of our beloved hero.

lemieux_mario040908.jpg

GO CANADA GO!

Fuckin' give'r! :wink:

Oh fuck... it looks like Brodeur isn't starting tonight. :yikes: Luongo is going to fall on his ass.

Notgoodnotgoodnotgoodnotgood!

YES! I don't believe it! I honestly thought the Czechs were going to win it! They played a far better game IMO, but the Canadians prevailed!

Oh, and I take back everything I said about Luongo. :wink: Those three saves he made without his stick were amazing. True, the goals that he did let in were pretty soft, but at least he handled the pressure.

YEAH BABY, TIME TO CRUSH THE FINNS!

What a game! :yikes:

I almost thought we were gonna lose it there. There was no denying that this wasn't going to be easy when the Czechs scored 2 of their goals within seconds after we had scored. The second time they did it (3-3) I was yelling for Quinn to pull Robert. However, no question, in fact, NO QUESTION AT ALL that Robert robbed the Czechs in OT. If Marty can't come back for the final, Robert will be fine. Besides, when you think of it, this game tonight was the Gold Medal game. The Czechs were the best out of Europe. They just had the worst start ever. Finland have the goalie yes, but they don't have the talent up front like the Czechs do. What are they going to do? Double shift their two top lines like they did with the States? Any team can do that against a Sr. Mens team (USA :wink: ).

I think I almost had a heart attack tonight.

Roland of Gilead said:
I think I almost had a heart attack tonight.

Same. I thought my body was going to shut down completely when the Czechs scored six seconds after Draper did. This game was positively gut-wrenching!

I hope Team Canada brass is rationalizing the Finnish victory in the same manner as it has been deconstructed (and devalued) in this thread. Indeed, we can all safely say that underestimation is the guaranteed path to victory.

:up:

I think I deserve to be kicked out of the Hockey Fan Club.

Not only did I not follow the World Cup, I did not follow my Czechs. :(

I can't wait. Tomorrow I'm sneaking into the campus bar after I get back from my date and watching the game.

I will cum in my pants if Canada wins.

Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be our game
Thy championship come, it will be won
In Canada as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily heroics
Forgive us our bad passes,
As we forgive those who have scored against us.
And lead us not into sloppy defensive zone play.
But deliver us a championship.

For Canada's is the game.
Forever and ever.

Amen.

:angel:

Did you hear the Gretzky sound bite on the news about the jerseys?

It went something like 'don't which ones we are going to wear, we look bigger in the red jerseys but we look faster in the white...'

:laugh: :laugh:

fah said:
Did you hear the Gretzky sound bite on the news about the jerseys?

It went something like 'don't which ones we are going to wear, we look bigger in the red jerseys but we look faster in the white...'

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I saw thought. I wonder what he thinks if the team is in mustard? :barf:

Actually, I think I am one of the very very few who like those ones.

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper: :combust: :hyper: :combust: :hyper: :combust: :hyper: :combust: :hyper: :combust:

Awesome stuff! How much of a class act is Joe Sakic? What about that butt ugly trophy....bring back the Canada cup!

GO CANADA GO!!!!

fah said:
This might be the last game for a while :(

Pulls up chair and beer

Gets ready :hyper:

I had to watch the entire game.....from pre-game to post-game for this reason. But at least I'll get to see some AHL here in Edmonton instead.

Back
Top Bottom