World Cup Banter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CKONE

Acrobat
As some of you already know I admin on a football site and we are trying to involve all the nations in the World Cup in some banter on our site. We have a World Cup Forum and to get the views of the other nations regarding their teams, their chances and what they think of England would be great.

You can find it at www.wmcollective.com log in through either Aston Villa link, Birmingham City link or West Bromwich Albion Link - its free and simple.

Or of course I am here to banter all day. I would love to know how other nations view their chances in the World Cup and this site seems to have members from across the globe.

I am a blind England fan and totally expect us to win it (a I have since '82)!!! This year though seems more right than any other. Settled core squad, great individuals, great talent, great team spirit, Rooney and Owens injuries and playing in our internationa local derby teams back yard.....it all points to an England win!

I have discussed it on a VFB Stuttgart forum and they are a bit non enthusiastic over Germany's chances this year. A few shocks in their team selection including Hitzelsperger (ex villa now VFB).

So where you from, who do you support, what are your chances and who is going to win it?

VFB Stuttgart!!:love:

It's my second team, I was born in Stuttgart, and lived there for a long time! Great fans!! :yes:

I'm from Italy, support obviously "Squadra Azzurra", and I think we have the biggest chances to win the title since the last time we won it in 1982. I'm very confident about players like Totti, Del Piero, Gilardino and mostly Toni, he shot 31 goal this year in Serie A, and he's still in top form. I think we can win it at the 90%.England is definitely on my top 5 list, they got probably the best midfield of the whole WorldCup and I see them at least in the first 4. Only uncertainties maybe, Rooney and Crouch, Owen will do what he has always done. Anyway, the forward players will be very well supported by the midfield.

PS. Likeable initiative this one, CKONE!

good luck to Italy (up to the point its Italy or England of course). VfB have become the german team I look out for primarily because I knew Hitz when he lived near me while he played for Aston Villa. Nice bloke and he sorted me tickets a few times.

VfB seemed to fail to live up to their expectations this year so hoping for a better season next time around!

Italy are always there or there about, have a strong league and some good players. The ongoing bad publicity doesnt help but once you have 11 players in their national kit on the pitch all of that is forgotten.

You know, I can tell you that a high defect that italians have had at past competition was probably to undervalue their opponents. I hope this year they will be in Germany with a full bag of humbleness, first of all. We have the qualities, but when your head runs faster than your legs you never win anything. Let's see! All the situations passing in Italy are badly sad, but on the other hand it's a bomb that needed to explode, only now we can put out some garbage of the italian football, who have never cared for the teams, but just for their own dirty pockets.

VFB: You know, they sold players like Kevin Kuranyi and Alexander Hleb, they're not so easy to replace. But what went mainly wrong this year was the less faith in Trapattoni. The society wasted everything by throwing him out, with Trap they would have reached a Uefa Cup place. I have seen 2 games this year, against Hertha Berlin and Hannover 96. 3-3 and 2-2. Actually the team didn't make bad games, the main problem was to find a fine balance between midfield and defence. The attack was actually fine, with Dahl Tomasson discoverd talents like Mario Gomez and Ljuboja, Cacau plus Groenkjaer on the left side who runs like a Formula 1! Not forgetting Ludovic Magnin who is another one who gives his whole soul for the team. Thomas Hitzlsperger as well (nice to know he's your friend!) he was one of the best men who came at Neckar this year. The team wasn't bad at all, I think it was more a matter of head, Trapattoni's schemes are not easy to understand immediately, he would needed some more time, and the team would have gone well. VFB forgot that in football you need patience, but there a few in the society who are actually a bit blind, otherwise they wpouldn't have fired Matthias Sammer, who made his honest work and lost the champion's league just at last game. I hope next year things go better, I have still many many friends in Stuttgart with whom I have grown up, and they deserve to see the team win again!
:yes:

Pardon if I went a bit off topic, but I'm a big fan of VFB Stuttgart, even I live and study in Italy now, but it's where I was born
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom