Word Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
What word/words do you particularly enjoy? What words do you have to use more often?

I for one like the word albeit....gotta remember to use that in my next conversation. :wink:

I love the words excellent, fabulous, and quite.

I also love to throw in "wacky hijinks," shenanigans, hullaballo (sp?), and brouhaha just because I think they're all ridiculous.

I'm trying to be more ladylike and not say it so much but I tend to use the F word more than I should. It just rolls out of my mouth so naturally and I'm afraid I'm gonna say it in front of my grandma or my kid's teacher one day :ohmy:

I also love to say shenanigans...its a really funny word. My sister and I did MadLibs the other day and any time we used the word "Hoobastank"...we would laugh uncontrollably.

Bono's American Wife said:
I'm trying to be more ladylike and not say it so much but I tend to use the F word more than I should. It just rolls out of my mouth so naturally

I like to say what the fuck.

I have this fascination with words -- I love so many of them.

Here's a few of my favourites:

Spin, mix, kinky :laugh:, pea, colour, word ;), and a lot more I can't think of right now.

per se.

i had a prof last year who used'periphery' as every other word.
friggin' political science:tsk:

I have a potty mouth

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I like swear words.

I have to be careful not to use them as often as I'd like.

Me too! In fact, my profanity is quite a problem, as I often have to really put forth an effort not to swear in front of teachers, parents, etc. It slips out sometimes.
Ex:
(in a dance class full of 10 year olds):
Kids: Miss Janine! Didn't you forget the pirouette on count 3?
Me: Ah fuck, yeah.
Kids: Ooooh, you swore.
Me: Um...no I didn't...what are you talking about?
Kids: We're telling...
Me: I didn't....okay. Look, you didn't hear anything. If you promise not to tell I'll bring chocolate next week for everyone.
Kids: Sure!

I also like to say, "yeah, my ass" when I don't believe something.

Re: I have a potty mouth

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

Me too! In fact, my profanity is quite a problem, as I often have to really put forth an effort not to swear in front of teachers, parents, etc. It slips out sometimes.
Ex:
(in a dance class full of 10 year olds):
Kids: Miss Janine! Didn't you forget the pirouette on count 3?
Me: Ah fuck, yeah.
Kids: Ooooh, you swore.
Me: Um...no I didn't...what are you talking about?
Kids: We're telling...
Me: I didn't....okay. Look, you didn't hear anything. If you promise not to tell I'll bring chocolate next week for everyone.
Kids: Sure!

I also like to say, "yeah, my ass" when I don't believe something.

:lmao: that's the funniest fuckin' thing I've read all day :lmao:

My new favorite lately has been "blow it out your ass"

We really are a bunch of potty mouths aren't we? :mac:

Quite a few years ago, my sister's response when asking where somebody or something was used to always be "Hangin' outta your ass, eatin' a ham sandwich." I was thinking about it at work today when a co-worker happened to ask where somebody was...not thinkin', I blurted it out...he was like, "What did you just say????" Umm...nothing...nothing at all...:uhoh:

Kick his ass sea bass!

Bloody Hell

Crikey

Shista

Out like a fat kid in dodge ball.

Fat
Fats
Fatz
Fatty

*some are phrases, not single words*

I like the phrase, "including, but not limited to". I use it a lot at work and it has seeped into my regular vernacular.

I also enjoy the word "just" if used properly and the words, "I mean". Preferably all of these words together forming the perfect phrase, "I mean, just ____"

Example: "I mean JUST COLD!"

I say that.....ehhhh.....probably 40 times a day. Or "I mean, JUST TIRED".

Something like that.

I also like "What the fuck", "shut the fuck up", "are you talking" and "don't worry about it".

"Don't worry about it" is a wonderful phrase if used correctly. Generally I use it if someone says, "What time is it?"---correct reponse; "Don't worry about it". Its very frustrating for the person asking the question.
It can also be used in this way, "What are you doing this weekend?"

"Dont worry about it".

Its loads of fun.

:|

I forgot two more I enjoy...

I love just randomly saying "semen" in a conversation with a friend. Generally the response is, "What did you just say?' and then, of course, I say, "Don't worry about it".

I also like to randomly say, "Joe lies when he cries" for no reason at all.

:|

Back
Top Bottom