Word or Phrase that Just Kills You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
prolly only known in Britain.

the word 'pillock'

or as my dad would say: ''get off the road you daft pillock''

:lmao:

waynetravis said:
prolly only known in Britain.

the word 'pillock'

or as my dad would say: ''get off the road you daft pillock''

:lmao:

A classmate once read it in the dictionary and it became the nickname of one girl.
But it was meant in a very joking manner and he knew that she could cope with it, and she did so.

But I can't believe your dad would speak in such a way :tsk:

:wink:

elevated_u2_fan said:
I just thought of one... "Touch Base" What the hell does that mean???

"Hi John, I just wanted to touch base with you about the projects"

I hate that term... :angry:

Oh my God, my boss uses this EVERY TIME we talk. It drives me batty.

I'll call you next week to touch base.
I'll email you soon to touch base.
Shoot me an email to touch base.
Touch my base.

I'm not a fan of "so to speak".

Example: I want you to create an excel spreadsheet that could be kinda like an employee guide, so to speak.

Totally unnecessary!

Per se. This term is almost never used in its proper sense, and people that utilize it tend to think that it automatically makes them an intellectual.

I hate the phrase "Not so much." Wow that makes me want to punch people in the face.

And also, around where I live, people end their sentence with "You know what I mean?" ALL THE TIME! I just want to go, "NO! I really don't! Please explain, even though you just did!"

(Wow you've got me going now.) The saying "It's always in the last place you look" kills me. Well, NO DUH IT IS! Once I've found it, why would I keep looking!? :drool:

But if you're asking what word just makes me laugh the second I hear it, then that would probably be the word "raw" when my friend says it. He'll just be like "Wow. (Insert name of historical figure) is raw!" And I'll crack up. There are probably a lot more. I just can't think today. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom