Word or Phrase that Just Kills You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the term "Very nice how much?"

And I HATE "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

What the hell is the point of having cake if you can't eat it?

Lara Mullen said:

^ You have to love it :wink: I use it all the time.

I hate, "Wa you looking at?" and the head movement that goes with it!! I love, "Son," at the end or beginning of a sentence. People from outside Belfast would find it offensive though to be called a boy/man :lmao:

For some reason I HATE 'Take Care'.

It bugs the living shit out of me. :huh:

Especially when its like I'm just leaving work for the day and my co-worker says 'Take Care'.

I have no idea why it annoys me so.

Sicy said:
For some reason I HATE 'Take Care'.

It bugs the living shit out of me. :huh:

Especially when its like I'm just leaving work for the day and my co-worker says 'Take Care'.

I have no idea why it annoys me so.

probably for the same reason that "have a nice day" bugs the crap out of me. i guess it's because you know that they're not saying it because they really wish that you take care or have a nice day.

If I hear "yo" from another upper middle-class suburban white kid who thinks they're Vanilla Ice again, I might have to fight them.

A huge round of fisticuffs.

U2Man said:

probably for the same reason that "have a nice day" bugs the crap out of me. i guess it's because you know that they're not saying it because they really wish that you take care or have a nice day.

in other words; they don't mean it.

it's like when chizip makes appreciation threads for other interferencers :tsk:

Vincent Vega said:
Does any native speaker say "incidence" when meaning "coincidence"?

No.

I second the internet talk in real conversations. My sister does it all the time :mad: "Like, WTF, OMG, like whatev." :madspit:

gherman said:
Anyone from Cali?

I hate all of that HELLA bull shit.:wink:

Q: How many Bay Area kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Hella!

:wink:

...for those not familiar, "hella" is NorCal slang for "very". (Example: How was the party? It was hella good.) Most people find it hella annoying.

onebloodonelife said:

No.

I second the internet talk in real conversations. My sister does it all the time :mad: "Like, WTF, OMG, like whatev." :madspit:

Thank you. :)

I hate people using internet language in normal conversations as well. Especially lol or rofl.
I mean, if something is funny you laugh, or at least smile, but you don't day "Lol!", or even worse, "Rofl!" :mad:

Yes, I wondered because someone used it yesterday in the context of a coincidence, and knowing that she spent some time in the US I thought it might be colloquial language. :)

Back
Top Bottom