Woooooooooo bloody wooooooohooooooo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Someone (IWB) made a thread about making thread's, about desperate ppl making desperate threads about bands no one has heard of.
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL
I have mentioned this band before...if anyone cares to remember:eyebrow: and it's important to me and BRILLIANT news for this little musiclover in her small corner of the globe.

BOURBON STREET
They were my very very veryVERY favourite local band back in the 80's. They are THE best(im not so ho :).......)
I have known the guitarist since childhood, his parents had a holiday house in the town where I grew up. When he hit about 13ish ( he's younger than me), he started hanging around me and my friends who played guitars and had jams and stuff. I like to think I was "instrumental" in getting him started and helping him buy his first guitar(Long story) He got good...very quickly, I'm so proud of him.
Bourbon Street broke up in the 80's. Wobbly marriages/kids one thing and another. The guitarist now runs one of the main booking agencies in our area. He just rang to see if I could help him place a band this Saturday night( I've been trying, out of my hands now)
BUT
the good news...and he knew I'd be pleased to hear this.

BOURBON STREET are getting back together!!!!!! They have a gig booked in my area for late September.
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:dance:
Oh man, this news has made my day:)
They are really really really good musicians and entertainers.
They used to do a lot of covers of ACDC, Led Zepp, Doors, NEIL YOUNG...they do a BIG rock version of Nights In White Satin to die for...oh wow!Their original stuff is strong too. This will be so good.

Speaking of Led Zepp..I also had to telephone my friend about a yabby:D
She had a big Led Zepp night with friends on the weekend,watching a 4 hour DVD. She said "Robert Plant is the sexiest thing on two legs"
but , she accidently got locked in the laundry at the house she was at, and because they had the music up so loud and Led Zepp songs go on for so long, no one heard her knocking and she was stuck in there for an hour.(they must have thought she was chain smoking or star gazing or sumthin'):lmao: She made the story so funny..she really should write a book that one...rotfl.

So big cass rave....again
But hellsbells, this is such good news for me
Bourbon Street LIVES!!!!:faint:

Attachments

• bourbonstreet.jpg
    bourbonstreet.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 35
oh bloody woopsie..where did that come from?

that's not the pic I meant to post...I didn't even know I had that on file.........see I'm excited:hyper:
what will i wear?my old Bourbon Street T shirt? definitely my dancing shoes:dance:
happy happy happy:yes:

try again

Attachments

• bourbonstreet-yay.jpg
    bourbonstreet-yay.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom