Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must've read along with the music because I always knew it was I and I...but listening even now it still sounds more like Iodine

I wish I could believe that Elevation was an instrumental.

And something that U2 didn't record.

is there any sort of alternate lyric version of Elevation? That would make me ten different kinds of happy :sigh:

I'm loving that the October bonus disc is pretty much a concert :lol:

I know song lyrics pretty well, but I have about one line wrong in every song I know.

I'm loving that the October bonus disc is pretty much a concert :lol:

... with three studio tracks arbitrarily whacked in the middle, since it'd make too much sense to keep all the live stuff together.

... with three studio tracks arbitrarily whacked in the middle, since it'd make too much sense to keep all the live stuff together.

Well of course. You expect U2 to do something logical? Like...upon discovering that the (crap on it's own) original version of Twilight's master tape has disappeared, replacing the song with something like, oh I don't know...Street Mission?

Elevation's a good bit of fun live, Vertigo style.

Elevation tour version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vertigo tour version.

Unless you enjoy waiting for 2 minutes for the song to go anywhere. In that case, the Vertigo tour version is the height of badassery.

Well of course. You expect U2 to do something logical? Like...upon discovering that the (crap on it's own) original version of Twilight's master tape has disappeared, replacing the song with something like, oh I don't know...Street Mission?

Keep in mind, U2 need some material for the 40th anniversary cashgrab reissue.

Elevation tour version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vertigo tour version.

Unless you enjoy waiting for 2 minutes for the song to go anywhere. In that case, the Vertigo tour version is the height of badassery.

True, the two minutes are annoying. But after that, Vertigo is a big improvement, IMO.

I hate Bono's voice on the Elevation Tour. Vertigo just sounds better, all around.

I can't decide if there is anything different about this With A Shout or not....

Wiat...I don't think this was inthere before :yikes:

I honestly don't know why the ATYCLB version of Elevation wasn't replaced with the (IMO) vastly superior Tomb Raider Mix.

True, the two minutes are annoying. But after that, Vertigo is a big improvement, IMO.

I hate Bono's voice on the Elevation Tour. Vertigo just sounds better, all around.

I'm also biased, because the live versions of Elevation and Beautiful Day were one of the things that turned me on to U2. That and hearing Pride repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom