Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sounding really good, and that's coming from someone who doesn't care overly much for Boy

:hmm:

So it's worth buying? I don't usually bother with remastered albums, but god knows U2's first three could use some patching up.

:hmm:

So it's worth buying? I don't usually bother with remastered albums, but god knows U2's first three could use some patching up.

Let me listen to the bonus discs before I advise because. Honestly, yes Boy sounds better, but I'm not a stickler for that kind of stuff, so I don't know how big a difference it makes. My big deal is that i've never heard October, that's why I want it.

Let me listen to the bonus discs before I advise because. Honestly, yes Boy sounds better, but I'm not a stickler for that kind of stuff, so I don't know how big a difference it makes. My big deal is that i've never heard October, that's why I want it.

Okay.

You'll be lucky to hear October for the first time in its remastered state! The original sounds like it was recorded inside a water drum. (Songs are awesome, though.)

By the way, I meant to ask: did you end up watching Wall-E the other day?

Okay.

You'll be lucky to hear October for the first time in its remastered state! The original sounds like it was recorded inside a water drum. (Songs are awesome, though.)

By the way, I meant to ask: did you end up watching Wall-E the other day?

no because my little brother got RIDICULOUSLY sick and ended up going to the ER. I'll probably take him this weekend

And I always meant to get October, then the rumors about the remasters came out, so I decided to wait. However, I did eventually buy it on cassette for $2 and...my response to the first two or three tracks was NOT kind.

forgot how much I love Another Time, Another Place. Everytime I listen to Boy I remember it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Oh man, that reminds me.

About a year ago, I was watching TV with my roommate. One of those annoying (RED) mobile phone adverts came on, claiming that the campaign would donate a kilo of food to Africa for every phone purchased. Said roommate turned to me and said "You're too thin. Don't worry, I'll go out and buy a red phone."

Classic. :applaud:

I'm going to try I swear.

I just don't get it. Tomorrow and Gloria are such GREAT tracks...but :shudder: the other things i've heard

Rejoice will click with you one day. Trust me.

Reach out, rejoice! :rockon:

Rejoice will click with you one day. Trust me.

Reach out, rejoice! :rockon:

Oh man...I've heard Rejoice like twice because of DI lists :yikes: but like many things...maybe in context.

This unreleased version of IWF is pretty cool..I like whatever added instrument that is in the background, can't really tell.

And also, that bit of Fire after SATT was pretty cool, kinda left you hanging :laugh:

And I LOVE SATT, that's a song I forget about a lot.

Oh My! Speed of Life was pretty cool. It was instrumental, and all 70s U2ish at that. Awesome.

GG, where in SA are you from again and why did you move to the great white north?

Cape Town. My parents felt it was time to emigrate (the sanctions of the late 80s financially fucked everyone over for the next ten years, even those of us who opposed apartheid) so I was dragged along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom