Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's why you're here right now? :wink:

Just contributed my band list. I avoided some I know only I would nominate, such as Orphaned Land and Agalloch, but went for a couple of obscurities I hope may have an outside chance, e.g. Pure Reason Revolution and The Shadows. I feel bad about omitting The Cure, but I figure enough others will nominate them that it'll be OK. It was between them and REM for the "band I love others will cover for me" status, and I like REM just a bit more so they stayed in the ten I nominated.

Yeah I felt sorta bad for leaving out the Cure too but only 10 bands and others should hopefully give them a nomination

Hopefully we can get some non-Superthreaders to join in as well :wink:

U2 and Pink Floyd are running away with it already, looks like we know who'll be in the Premier :wink:

:grumpy: I left my port salut cheese in the fridge too long... it had nice little funghi on it..

now I made cubes of dutch cheese with slices of ham around them for after dinner snack :D

Oh god, after two weeks ago, any mention of bad cheese makes me want to run fast in the other direction.

Ugh woooooork suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

And it's impossible to catch up on this thread via phone.

This has been the day of bitchy customers

Drunk SpongeBob is hilarious though. Squidward rules. I love Squidward.

Yeah I felt sorta bad for leaving out the Cure too but only 10 bands and others should hopefully give them a nomination

Hopefully we can get some non-Superthreaders to join in as well :wink:

U2 and Pink Floyd are running away with it already, looks like we know who'll be in the Premier :wink:

Nominating 15 bands would have suited me better, but that really would've been too much. And I bet even then I would've felt bad leaving someone out. Dream Theater may be conspicuous by their absence from my list.

I'll vote for PF in any matchup against U2. :lol:

Ugh woooooork suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

And it's impossible to catch up on this thread via phone.

This has been the day of bitchy customers

Bitch back to them and tell them it's "do to others as you would have done to yourself" day, so they're only getting what they asked for. :wink:

As far as Spongebob goes, I've never watched, but it looks stupid, so I've never WANTED to watch anyway.

Nominating 15 bands would have suited me better, but that really would've been too much. And I bet even then I would've felt bad leaving someone out. Dream Theater may be conspicuous by their absence from my list.

I'll vote for PF in any matchup against U2. :lol:

Well after the first season there'll be several new bands being added to replace those who get relegated from the lowest league; and if the game becomes popular we can expand the league too so there will be a chance to add more bands into the league soon enough.

Well after the first season there'll be several new bands being added to replace those who get relegated from the lowest league; and if the game becomes popular we can expand the league too so there will be a chance to add more bands into the league soon enough.

Ah yeah, cool then. I really hope this goes well.

Damnit, phanan. I was hoping you'd join in on nominating PRR for the Band League.

Would someone call shenanigans if you nominated for me? It's too hard for me to navigate about interference

U2
Bruce
Peter Gabriel
The Killers
Tom Petty + co
Pink floyd
R.e.m.
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Arcade fire

I hate leaving bands out just because I know I'm the only one that likes them :sigh:

With just one studio album out, despite its awesomeness, it's hard to put them on an all-time list. I didn't include Arcade Fire for the same reason - too new.

See, I'm not willing to say that should be a limitation. Some classic bands out there released just one or two albums before they fell apart, and I think The Dark Third is one of the best albums I own.

Listening to the Boy remaster. Sounds pretty good, although playing on a laptop is probably not the best way to pass judgement. I'll have to crank this up on the home system later.

What's improved? Bass and drums, like JT?

Listening to the Boy remaster. Sounds pretty good, although playing on a laptop is probably not the best way to pass judgement. I'll have to crank this up on the home system later.

Ah, righto. I am very interested in how much it improves on the original. JT really was not very substantial, and anything other than the deluxe set with the Paris DVD was a bit of a ripoff really.

Would someone call shenanigans if you nominated for me? It's too hard for me to navigate about interference

U2
Bruce
Peter Gabriel
The Killers
Tom Petty + co
Pink floyd
R.e.m.
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Arcade fire

I hate leaving bands out just because I know I'm the only one that likes them :sigh:

Added your votes to the thread :)

I'm surprised by the lack of Bowie in that competition so far.

Yeah only one vote so far compared to U2 and REM with 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom