Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of setting up a Band League, were bands are placed into Groups/Leagues similar to a Football League and they are placed against each other. Every round people will give a result to each of the matches and those will be added up to give a final result and that will be added to the table; with relegations and promotions at the end of each season.

Ah, ok.

Sounds cool to me. Would it just be bands, or all artists?

Axver any other type of rules you think the competition would need before I started a nomination thread?

Ah, ok.

Sounds cool to me. Would it just be bands, or all artists?

It'd be all artists, although the number included would depend completely on people's interest and the number of nominations people give. I'm hoping it would be something that would go on continuously with new people constantly joining in and along with how people's tastes change over time; each season would be different from the last

I need a job and an apartment and an explanation for my mum of why I'm moving to Aus besides the crap economy and I'm afraid of what will happen after the next election...Obama or McCain? Uhh, no. What's the name of the Aussie Pres/PM?

Current Prime Minister is Kevin Rudd of the Labour Party. Labour's left, but he belongs to the centrist faction (though still left in a US context). Been the PM since last year when the Liberal right wing government of John Howard got its arse kicked. The Liberals are now in disarray and Rudd should barely have to even TRY to win a second term.

Current Prime Minister is Kevin Rudd of the Labour Party. Labour's left, but he belongs to the centrist faction (though still left in a US context). Been the PM since last year when the Liberal right wing government of John Howard got its arse kicked. The Liberals are now in disarray and Rudd should barely have to even TRY to win a second term.

:lol: There's a Liberal party still? I thought they became the Messed Up Party the moment Howard left office?

Axver any other type of rules you think the competition would need before I started a nomination thread?

I think it's good as it is. It's probably something you can comfortably amend if anybody raises any good points before the show gets under way.

Rudd 2010. :up:

:lol: This will confuse SO many Americans. That makes it worth it.

:lol: There's a Liberal party still? I thought they became the Messed Up Party the moment Howard left office?

Haha, good call. God, Brendan Nelson has to be the least popular person in Australia. It still makes me laugh so hard that his approval rating fell to NINE PERCENT.

NIIIIINE.

Aight, I'm gonna head off and try to sleep, so good morning, all!

Ax, I'll leave it to you to convince RBF that he needs to move to Melbourne. Also, let us know what you decide about the Amazon box set thing.

The rest of you, have fun!

:wave:

Haha, good call. God, Brendan Nelson has to be the least popular person in Australia. It still makes me laugh so hard that his approval rating fell to NINE PERCENT.

NIIIIINE.
Bush's is circling the drain somewhere in the teens.

Ax, I'll leave it to you to convince RBF that she needs to move to Melbourne. Also, let us know what you decide about the Amazon box set thing.

I fixed it for you!

Night, Maj!

I think it's good as it is. It's probably something you can comfortably amend if anybody raises any good points before the show gets under way.

Yeah, I think those would be the ground rules and other rules would be open to suggestion from others

The plan would be to have 3 sets of fixtures each week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The threads I make would be a Nomination thread, a Discussion thread (which would feature an updated table after each match and allow people to talk about results and all that or anything relating to the league) and then a fixture thread made 3 times a week (unless I can't make it for some reason). Think that would work?

Best graph ever:

Gallup_Poll-Approval_Rating-George_W_Bush.png

Bush's approval rating trend chart. :lmao:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gallup_Poll-Approval_Rating-George_W_Bush.png

Yeah, I think those would be the ground rules and other rules would be open to suggestion from others

The plan would be to have 3 sets of fixtures each week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The threads I make would be a Nomination thread, a Discussion thread (which would feature an updated table after each match and allow people to talk about results and all that or anything relating to the league) and then a fixture thread made 3 times a week (unless I can't make it for some reason). Think that would work?

Fridays tend to be slow though since we're all in different time zones and it's the start of the weekend, so expect to have less participation.

Seems like when I launch a DI poll on Fridays here, it doesn't get the same amount of responses as other days.

Ax, I'll leave it to you to convince RBF that he needs to move to Melbourne. Also, let us know what you decide about the Amazon box set thing.

Haha, righto. Will let you know about Amazon stuff if you let me know when Phail will finally get together. :wink:

Have a good one! :wave:

Fridays tend to be slow though since we're all in different time zones and it's the start of the weekend, so expect to have less participation.

Seems like when I launch a DI poll on Fridays here, it doesn't get the same amount of responses as other days.

Yeah I realise that, that's why the Friday fixture would have a 3 day voting window as opposed to the rest which would have two day ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom