Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye Ashley :wave:

Well as for rules for the game
Firstly the number of teams for each league and the number of leagues would depend on interest and how many bands were nominated. I'd say it'd be best to have leagues of 10, 15 or maybe 20 with each band going against each other once each "season". We could also have three or four bands (depending on league size) gain promotion or be relegated each season.
As for the matches I think it'd probably be best to have set limit for scores; such as 0-0,1-0,1-1,2-1,2-2,3-2,3-3 with the limit being 3-3. With a draw being you (dis)like bands evenly, win by one meaning you like the that band a bit better, winning by two would be you prefer the band a lot and winning by 3 would be well basically saying the other sucks compared to the other. Also a 0-0 draw could be if you don't know either band. Something along those lines anyway

Bye Ashley :wave:

Firstly the number of teams for each league and the number of leagues would depend on interest and how many bands were nominated. I'd say it'd be best to have leagues of 10, 15 or maybe 20 with each band going against each other once each "season". We could also have three or four bands (depending on league size) gain promotion or be relegated each season.
As for the matches I think it'd probably be best to have set limit for scores; such as 0-0,1-0,1-1,2-1,2-2,3-2,3-3 with the limit being 3-3. With a draw being you (dis)like bands evenly, win by one meaning you like the that band a bit better, winning by two would be you prefer the band a lot and winning by 3 would be well basically saying the other sucks compared to the other. Also a 0-0 draw could be if you don't know either band. Something along those lines anyway

Sounds good to me. I like the scoring system. More interesting than just a straight poll. :up:

That's really good. I wonder what it is at FYE. That's where I usually get my stuff.

It's almost lunchtime, which means I will have my hands on the remasters soon.

Ooh. Do let me know what you think. I'm still tossing up whether or not to order them from Amazon, and I'd quite value the thoughts of somebody like you about the quality of the remastering job and the bonus discs.

Sounds good to me. I like the scoring system. More interesting than just a straight poll. :up:

Yeah I think the scoring system would work better, although there would be no real difference between someone saying 2-1 and 1-0; well not any real practical difference anyway

Hey Phanan, what do you think of the idea of doing a Band League?

Having not read through the threads, I'm curious as to what this is about.

HOLY SHIT, the Aussie and US dollar have ALREADY reached parity?

The US economy is fuuuucked.

Ooh. Do let me know what you think. I'm still tossing up whether or not to order them from Amazon, and I'd quite value the thoughts of somebody like you about the quality of the remastering job and the bonus discs.

If you do order them from Amazon, mind ordering two and I'll pay you?

HOLY SHIT, the Aussie and US dollar have ALREADY reached parity?

The US economy is fuuuucked.
They were on Sunday.

Hence my reasoning for jumping ship in January and moving to Australia.

But now I know how to mix using Audacity! Took me all of 5 mins, too.

Ha, cool then. I've used that to edit tracks, like removing silences or improving fade-outs, but never anything more.

WIR should be in your inbox. Alex Descends is now off to Reggo.

Having not read through the threads, I'm curious as to what this is about.

I'm thinking of setting up a Band League, were bands are placed into Groups/Leagues similar to a Football League and they are placed against each other. Every round people will give a result to each of the matches and those will be added up to give a final result and that will be added to the table; with relegations and promotions at the end of each season.

:lol: Nice timing, I just asked what you were up to.

I can predict the future a little :wink:

I need a job and an apartment and an explanation for my mum of why I'm moving to Aus besides the crap economy and I'm afraid of what will happen after the next election...Obama or McCain? Uhh, no. What's the name of the Aussie Pres/PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom