Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao: I can't IMAGINE why YOU of all people, Axver, love Driver 8 :laugh: but I HAVE heard this song before, and it is soooo good.

:lol: Actually, that really doesn't have much to do with it. It's just really fucking catchy and memorable and good. Could be about trucks for all I care!

how are you gorgeous people all doing? More REM I see? :drool:
I swear, it's time to fuck this Squeezebox off and dust off the old CDs. Monster has to be around somewhere, and I don't sleep, I dream is calling me.

:yippie:

So, now I have to write music to go with that. Pity my musical ability doesn't extend much beyond "I joined this band to hit things."...

Well you're right those first four tracks WERE good: probablysomething like this for me

Maps and Legends
Driver 8
Feeling Gravities Pull

life and How to Live It

So, now I have to write music to go with that. Pity my musical ability doesn't extend much beyond "I joined this band to hit things."...

Keep in mind for a sec that I know about as much about writing music as I do about speaking Mandarin (actually, I speak more Chinese than I do 'music' ie, cannot read or write it), but surely beginning with humming a basic tune which sounds good is easier than writing lyrics?

Well you're right those first four tracks WERE good: probablysomething like this for me

Maps and Legends
Driver 8
Feeling Gravities Pull

life and How to Live It

Personally:
1. Feeling Gravity's Pull
2. Driver 8
3. Maps And Legends
4. Life And How To Live It

Incidentally, I've joined in on listening and am on Maps And Legends right now. :drool:

Keep in mind for a sec that I know about as much about writing music as I do about speaking Mandarin (actually, I speak more Chinese than I do 'music' ie, cannot read or write it), but surely beginning with humming a basic tune which sounds good is easier than writing lyrics?

:lol:

I'm a words man. I work with verse a lot easier than I do with music.

(actually, every time I try to hum something it's always ripped off something else)

Besides, I speak Mandarin quite fluently! :)

Personally:
1. Feeling Gravity's Pull
2. Driver 8
3. Maps And Legends
4. Life And How To Live It

Incidentally, I've joined in on listening and am on Maps And Legends right now. :drool:

For me those first three are almost even, and probably would change each time I listened to it.

And yeah, I didn't like Kensey so much. not a bad song, just not my thing. Can't Get There From Here is better but no where near as good as that opening

oh dearz, jen does not advocae painiting fingernails after drinking much wine, bad bad

Bwahahahahaha

I ah... need to finish 3 more units of Mandarin at uni...

:lol:

I'm a words man. I work with verse a lot easier than I do with music.

(actually, every time I try to hum something it's always ripped off something else)

Besides, I speak Mandarin quite fluently! :)

Fluently, you say??? :love: Well! Have I mentioned how great it is to have got to know you a little, U-Wen? :flirt:

For me those first three are almost even, and probably would change each time I listened to it.

And yeah, I didn't like Kensey so much. not a bad song, just not my thing. Can't Get There From Here is better but no where near as good as that opening

Yeah, those first three are close to even for me as well. Great trio.

Old Man Kensey may just grow on you. I initially didn't care for it but I've come to increasingly enjoy it.

My ONE complaint with REM is that i can't stand songs that repeat their title a million times throughout the song. I'm not looking at you 'Green Grow the Rushes" :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom