Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #541
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 05:21 PM
at the original Twilight. In the liner notes, Edge mentions that they couldn't find the master tape for it, so they took it right off of the vinyl. Oh man, it totally shows, too. It really sucks, and this version obviously sucks as well. Why would they even bother?
__________________

__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #542
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
at the original Twilight. In the liner notes, Edge mentions that they couldn't find the master tape for it, so they took it right off of the vinyl. Oh man, it totally shows, too. It really sucks, and this version obviously sucks as well. Why would they even bother?
They couldn't popssibly have replaced that with one of the countless other songs they left off? *coughstreetmissioncough*
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #543
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 11:21 PM
Is there a version of street missions on teh bside? that's one of the songs I'd actually like to have in decent quality!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #544
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Is there a version of street missions on teh bside? that's one of the songs I'd actually like to have in decent quality!
They unfortunately left Street Mission off. Who the hell knows why. I can only hope they are planning some sort of rarities set in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #545
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 02:21 PM
I would've bought boy as soon as humanly possble is street mission had been on there. Some of edge's best work, and so young too.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #546
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 09:21 AM
Alright folks, I'm dozing off here. Have a good one!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #547
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
They unfortunately left Street Mission off. Who the hell knows why. I can only hope they are planning some sort of rarities set in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.
ok, this boxset is starting to make less and less sense to me it's an awesome song! ><
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #548
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 11:21 PM
Bye Ax nite!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #549
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 05:21 PM
The live tracks sounded great at the end.

So some good things on the bonus disc, and some not so good things. At under 53 minutes, it's a decent offering, but there's obviously plenty of room left for other songs. Could have been better.

Still glad I got it though.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #550
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
The live tracks sounded great at the end.

So some good things on the bonus disc, and some not so good things. At under 53 minutes, it's a decent offering, but there's obviously plenty of room left for other songs. Could have been better.

Still glad I got it though.
You're making me look forward to this an awful lot
__________________
Irishteen is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #551
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,408
Local Time: 05:21 PM
I have no idea what the hell goes on in these "superthreads", but I just had to stop in and say that this is one of the best names you've had so far.
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #552
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
I have no idea what the hell goes on in these "superthreads", but I just had to stop in and say that this is one of the best names you've had so far.
It's just a (really incredibly) random chat thread

Hey Dave if you're interested check out the Artist League Nomination thread , we're trying to get as many as we can into it
__________________
Irishteen is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #553
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 05:21 PM
So is it J. Swallow or J. Swallo?

__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #554
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,408
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
So is it J. Swallow or J. Swallo?

The first one.

I think.

__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 07-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #555
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 05:21 PM
That's what I thought, until I got this remaster and it refers to it as J. Swallo instead.

At first I thought it was a typo on the back cover, but it is spelled that way inside also.
__________________

__________________
phanan is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com