Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cubs have a baseball player by the name of Kosuke Fukudome. When I went to the opening day game back in March, there was a lady (very inebriated) who would yell out everytime he was at bat "FUCK YOU! DO ME!"

That? Fucking CLASSIC.

:lmao:

Hey guys btw.

Yeah I'm sure she didn't know how to correctly pronounce his name (Foo-Ku Dough May) but for the most part a lot of people at first really thought it was something like Fuck You Dome

Haha, Fuck You Dome, that'd be an awesome name for a sports venue. :lol:

My Dad, when all he saw at first was the last guy's name on signs and such (He's not big into baseball, but he watches it with us) didn't understand what was going on, and he thought that the Cubs were planning on building a dome and that the signs were protests :lmao:

Also, the master list has let me down. It gives a "Fukyu, Japan", which just redirects to a form of karate and seems to turn up nothing on Google. And "Fuku, China" redirects to the Japanese cuisine fugu. So funnily enough, I'm skeptical that the Fuk Man Road, Hong Kong is genuine ...

My Dad, when all he saw at first was the last guy's name on signs and such (He's not big into baseball, but he watches it with us) didn't understand what was going on, and he thought that the Cubs were planning on building a dome and that the signs were protests :lmao:

Haha, wow. :lmao:

So I've probably got time for one album before I go to work

What was the name of that REM one?

So I've probably got time for one album before I go to work

What was the name of that REM one?

My favourite is Fables Of The Reconstruction, but I don't doubt other people would tell you to go with Murmur or Life's Rich Pageant first.

Come away with me and we'll escape together
We'll go to a place where we can sit and talk for hours
Watch the stars, feel the wind and talk about our dreams
And imagine a future, just you and me, forever.

Cause all I see in everyone else is your bright smile
The way you walk, the way you talk, the way you shake your head
Your energy completes me and your laughter spurs me on
I love the time I spend with you, even just a little while.

See I like books and music from a time long past
But you like tricks and fun and games and dancing in the rain
We're complements, and my compliments help to make you smile
And every time I see you the hours just fly fast.

Come away with me and we'll escape together
We'll go to a place where we can sit and talk for hours
Watch the stars, feel the wind and talk about our dreams
And imagine a future, just you and me, forever.

(yes I wrote this, and no you can't have it. not even if you ask)

Hell yes. It's my favourite REM song. And Driver 8 is in my top five.

God Maps And Legends is really good too!

But I also really liked the first two tracks on AftP, then didn't enjoy anything for about five tracks so I'll keep myself calm lol.

God Maps And Legends is really good too!

But I also really liked the first two tracks on AftP, then didn't enjoy anything for about five tracks so I'll keep myself calm lol.

Fables is different in that - at least in my opinion - it's very strong for the first half, while a bit patchy for the second.

:lmao: I can't IMAGINE why YOU of all people, Axver, love Driver 8 :laugh: but I HAVE heard this song before, and it is soooo good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom