Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot bowie, I'd def. Replace arcade fire with him. Just couldn't think of a tenth slot that would be accepted by interference

Forgot bowie, I'd def. Replace arcade fire with him. Just couldn't think of a tenth slot that would be accepted by interference

You better correct Irishteen, then. He just put your list in the thread over there.

See, I'm not willing to say that should be a limitation. Some classic bands out there released just one or two albums before they fell apart, and I think The Dark Third is one of the best albums I own.

I look at it differently though.

With a band like Joy Division, their entire body of work consisted of two albums, and they've left their mark in music history.

PRR is just starting out, and will have more material to judge with eventually.

I'm not sure if I want these re-masters. I have all the albums already ... do I need repeats? Really? I personally would, but that's a big investment and my parents would think I'm fucking insane.

I purchased The Joshua Tree re-master on iTunes. I kind of wish I had the box and all, though.

Thanks john :D

Uggggh everyone I work with today speaks hindi. I feel so left out.

However, I've worked around them so long, I acctually understand about 1/4th of what's being said

I look at it differently though.

With a band like Joy Division, their entire body of work consisted of two albums, and they've left their mark in music history.

PRR is just starting out, and will have more material to judge with eventually.

Well, this is true, but the same could be said for any active band really, don't you think?

I have the super fancy JT boxset, and it's nice.. but I'm not really hyper on buying these three... perhaps only War, but I'm not planning on it..
I'd buy AB and Pop for sure!

Well, this is true, but the same could be said for any active band really, don't you think?

Yes, but let's face it - the ones that have been around for a while have certainly made their mark as well, even if they aren't done yet. U2 is obviously one of the greatest bands of all time, and it's safe to say that even if they aren't done.

I have the super fancy JT boxset, and it's nice.. but I'm not really hyper on buying these three... perhaps only War, but I'm not planning on it..
I'd buy AB and Pop for sure!

I think War is the worst of the lot, with those millions of remixes on the bonus disc. Who needs that many versions of NYD and THBAO? At least Boy's bonus disc has some decent material ...

That's why I didn't want to pick arcade fire, since they've only got two albums (on the other hand I picked the killers, but, I had a hard time not)

The box of tjt is beyond worth it, but these three seem like a joke. I'll probably only pick up october, simply because I don't already have it :shrug:

I think War is the worst of the lot, with those millions of remixes on the bonus disc. Who needs that many versions of NYD and THBAO? At least Boy's bonus disc has some decent material ...

yea that's EXACTLY my problem... but the only album of those three I'd care for remastered sound is War... :huh: but why those shitty remixes???

That really sucks too because war seems to be the one that needed remastered most, and it's the one with the worst bonus disc

The remastering on this bonus disc seems to be hit or miss. While some songs sound improved, others don't. Case in point: Boy-Girl. It sounds worse than the other songs here, and the volume is noticeably lower.

Oh well, I'm not too fond of that one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom