Woodcock, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's talk about this concert you were at! Give me every single boring detail about death growls and boring attempts at riffs.

None of those in post-rock. :wink:

Firstly, we were going to have pizza for dinner. But the pizza place I knew had closed down! So we went to another one. Yay for pizza. Then we went to the gig. Smallest venue I've ever been to. Nobody seemed even interested in going up front at the start, we were the only two hanging around there once we got drinks (I tried a Heineken, drinkable, but I definitely prefer Guinness and Kilkenny).

Three Month Sunset: Just one guy using pedals in a big way. If you saw footage of him without sound, you'd think he's a shoegazer. But he was making this stuff that sounded fairly synthy and ethereal come out. I liked him, though all four songs were very samey as each relied on the very same kinds of effects and simple playing. The weirdest part? WE SAT DOWN TO WATCH HIM! The front half of the veniue sat on the floor and the rear stood/milled around. I think it actually suited his kind of music, but still, not what you expect at a gig!

The Night Terrors: These guys were damn cool, and I suspect the kind of stuff you'd enjoy more live than in studio. The theremin is such an awesome instrument, and it's really neat to watch somebody play it. And Ali certainly appreciated that they had no guitars - the bass was the lead (at least when the bassist wasn't playing the theremin).

Laura: Who we were there to see. Fucking fantastic. Their set passed far too quickly and they rocked. All six of them crowded onto the stage was cramped, the poor blighters. But yeah, I was very impressed. The sound quality and volume were impeccable, you could hear all the details very crisply. I was right in front of the cellist, and it was pretty neat to watch her. Got to love a band that has a cellist who knows how to rock. Or how to post-rock at least.

Enough boring details, Bonnie? Or do you want to know the lighting specifications, what was on the floor, and how much merch was? :wink:

Nice little bit from Your Genre Sucks.

Shoegaze

Shoegaze is, of course, named for the musicians’ tendency to stare at their shoes while performing. Some might say it’s because the complex nature of the guitar style required the musicians to constantly fiddle around with countless foot pedals, but I’d like to submit that they just didn’t want to look their audience in the eyes due to the overwhelming shame of the music they were producing. A more accurate name for the style would be “cacophonous din” or “the sound of two bands playing at once, underwater.” I do own a copy of Ride’s “Going Blank Again,” though. I turn the speakers to the floor and use it to scare raccoons out from under my house.

Nadir: Kevin Shields got really fat, and I never get tired of pointing it out.

It's actually not as mean as I thought it might be. In fact, "the sound of two bands playing at once, underwater" is a great description.

:lmao:

That's fantastic. And pretty much all true.

None of those in post-rock. :wink:

Firstly, we were going to have pizza for dinner. But the pizza place I knew had closed down! So we went to another one. Yay for pizza. Then we went to the gig. Smallest venue I've ever been to. Nobody seemed even interested in going up front at the start, we were the only two hanging around there once we got drinks (I tried a Heineken, drinkable, but I definitely prefer Guinness and Kilkenny).

Three Month Sunset: Just one guy using pedals in a big way. If you saw footage of him without sound, you'd think he's a shoegazer. But he was making this stuff that sounded fairly synthy and ethereal come out. I liked him, though all four songs were very samey as each relied on the very same kinds of effects and simple playing. The weirdest part? WE SAT DOWN TO WATCH HIM! The front half of the veniue sat on the floor and the rear stood/milled around. I think it actually suited his kind of music, but still, not what you expect at a gig!

The Night Terrors: These guys were damn cool, and I suspect the kind of stuff you'd enjoy more live than in studio. The theremin is such an awesome instrument, and it's really neat to watch somebody play it. And Ali certainly appreciated that they had no guitars - the bass was the lead (at least when the bassist wasn't playing the theremin).

Laura: Who we were there to see. Fucking fantastic. Their set passed far too quickly and they rocked. All six of them crowded onto the stage was cramped, the poor blighters. But yeah, I was very impressed. The sound quality and volume were impeccable, you could hear all the details very crisply. I was right in front of the cellist, and it was pretty neat to watch her. Got to love a band that has a cellist who knows how to rock. Or how to post-rock at least.

Enough boring details, Bonnie? Or do you want to know the lighting specifications, what was on the floor, and how much merch was? :wink:

Actually, that was pretty interesting. I was expecting some boring metal trash, but those bands sound pretty neat. Particularly interested by the first guy, as you might have expected! Reminds me, brought the V and some pedals over, I should probably do some stuff tomorrow.

Go on, lighting specifications, please.

Oh, and glad Heineken passed for you. I think 'drinkable' is how most would likely describe it.

:lmao:

That's fantastic. And pretty much all true.

Thought you'd like that! You might not like some of the other stuff I posted from the site, though. :wink:

In a thread on the forums there where anybody could just name any band they wanted and he'd start paying them out, there were constant posts of "My Bloody Valentine"s that he kept on ignoring. When someone asked why he wasn't replying to that request, he said something like, 'oh sorry - I thought I'd just never give you what you wanted and stay here on my own growing monstrously fat, just like Kevin Shields'.

And in my continuing review of what's been posted while I was gone ...

Radiohead Sucks

"The fans found it hard to articulate what exactly they were missing when they listened to Kid A and Amnesiac; what it was, of course, was the fact that all the tunes had been cleverly removed. Radiohead had made two albums that superficially resembled music but really weren't music at all. So, in order to drum up public interest in their next album, they made the outlandish claim it would contain actual tunes and, if we were lucky, perhaps guitar playing which conformed to some sort of pattern. The carrot at the end of this stick was kept tantalizingly out of reach, of course. "Hail to the Thief" (a title which they bought off of Don Henley for a copy of Stupid White Men and a new cardboard box) was released this year directly into the cable modems of a million greasy social deviants who loved it almost enough to buy it. The album contains, when we're lucky, primitive, one-celled predecessors of tunes that with a few million years of evolution might be able to fill up a 5 second cell phone ringtone."

:lmao: :lmao:

Dragged up and quoted for boatloads upon boatloads of truth.

Thought you'd like that! You might not like some of the other stuff I posted from the site, though. :wink:

In a thread on the forums there where anybody could just name any band they wanted and he'd start paying them out, there were constant posts of "My Bloody Valentine"s that he kept on ignoring. When someone asked why he wasn't replying to that request, he said something like, 'oh sorry - I thought I'd just never give you what you wanted and stay here on my own growing monstrously fat, just like Kevin Shields'.

I just found the PT one. The fanbase of nerds thing? Oh, how true. How wonderfully, wonderfully true.

And fuckin' :lmao: at the MBV thing.

Bet Kim will feel a lot worse than you :lol:

Self infliction :tsk:

:lol:
Yeah, I was seeing her posts just a little bit ago. That was some real drunkspeak! Then again, I can't say I was doing much better last night.

Not that I, uh, remember much of last night. :happy:

Not much, Serena, how are you feeling today?

I was expecting to drunk post tonight, but my brother's been up and I would have felt a bit of a fool getting drunk alone in front of him. I've had a few beers, that all. But tomorrow I might stonedpost, if I can get around to buying stuff - I don't have much money at the moment. Also I have a bottle of some Hazelnut flavoured Irish cream that I could probably get stuck into.

:lol: DAMN, I go play my game some more and you guys have 2 new pages!

:tsk: shoulda known now the postwhore is back...

:lol: How awesome is this, by paying freaky women with 6 villagers I now got an ARMY of WOLVES! :love: not that they're gonna beat the Romans for me, but still, fuck I've got WOLVES under my controll!

So last night, my sister came by and wanted to take me drinking for my birthday. TWO MONTHS LATE. Then she was expecting me to pay for my own. Um, hello. You want to take me out as the belated birthday girl? You have to pay, that's fucked. I think to myself, there's really no point in going to the bar and wasting money I could just put to a bottle of Irish Cream, so I went over to the carry out and they were out of the Irish Cream I always get. In addition to this, they ordered Mint Chocolate Baileys, specially for me, because I always come in looking for it, and the bitch of it was, I didn't have enough money ON ME to get it. The rest of my money was at home and I didn't have enough time to go get it because they were about to close.

Being sick of most schnapps (let's not go there, eh?) and other things, I decided to get that damn bottle of tawny port that cracked me up so hard when I first saw it (See: Axver drunk on tawny port.). I find it's rather tasty and in addition, I got really fucking plastered on it (mind you, I don't think the couple of shots of vodka I had with it really helped I feel this morning!) and if I can be perfectly honest, I don't remember most of last night. :lol: Other than I was headbanging (my neck really fucking hurts this morning.) and watching that PT DVD. (Don't remember most of that, either!) I have no idea what fucking time I left last night and apparently I invented a new word! ... fuck if I can remember what it was. I need to read back.

I left kind of early though because of the Superthread debating, I didn't feel very comfortable and I was fit to pass out anyway.

Eventful night, I'd say. :laugh:

Not much, Serena, how are you feeling today?

I was expecting to drunk post tonight, but my brother's been up and I would have felt a bit of a fool getting drunk alone in front of him. I've had a few beers, that all. But tomorrow I might stonedpost, if I can get around to buying stuff - I don't have much money at the moment. Also I have a bottle of some Hazelnut flavoured Irish cream that I could probably get stuck into.
Not bad, headache aside!

Oooh, Hazelnut flavoured Irish Cream? :drool:
I plan to go back for that Mint Chocolate one and keep it for next weekend when the family goes out of town. I could have a drink-off then. :laugh:

Just so you know, I'm not buying you wine any more.

:tsk: as if you would otherwise, mr. Cheapskate.. it's either your dads wine you get for free or it's, "gee, you always have good wines, let's go to your place:sexywink:"

:tongue:

I gotta go, dinner, got karate exam at 7pm :crack: goddamn early!

:wave: will be back

Oh my god, this Google Ad almost tops gayCHUBBYdating:

imgad

:tsk: as if you would otherwise, mr. Cheapskate.. it's either your dads wine you get for free or it's, "gee, you always have good wines, let's go to your place:sexywink:"

:tongue:

Why do you assume the worst about me? Don't you love me any more? :sad:

If you loved me, you'd totally change the signature to claim the quote is Bonnie's. You know you want to. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom