Wong Kar-Wai

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ormus

War Child
Thought I'd make a post on probably my favorite director of all time, Wong Kar-Wai. I remember seeing "Chungking Express" in a college-level film class seven years ago, and I've been in love with his films ever since.

Anyway, he's coming out with another film soon, which also happens to be his first English language film, "My Blueberry Nights."

Trailer 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=223_7MHnm4E
Trailer 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLnMb80byhA
Trailer 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiRvgn7aWnA

Frankly, I'm not sure what to think yet, since I've enjoyed being transported to an idealized Hong Kong in pretty much all of his films, but the trailers, at least, end up leaving me cautiously optimistic!

Any other fans of wkw out there?

It looks interesting, should be interesting to see if Norah can act. I have a feeling she could, I think most singers(worth their salt) play many characters in song that they can do it on screen...

The rest of the cast...:drool:

Well, the funny thing is that Norah was approached by him, not the other way around, and when she said that she had never acted before, Wong Kar-Wai said that it didn't matter. He has a reputation of being able to mold anyone into the roles that he creates.

I'm certainly quite interested in seeing how he pulled it off!

I saw “In the Mood for Love”.

And thought it was one of the most perfect little films. Ever.

I got the sound track. It is great.

Waiting for a film to start, I caught about twenty minutes of “Happy/Together”.

What I saw was just two men angry at each other, so I don’t have a opinion on that film.

I counted the days for the opening of “2046”. It was a late show and I was tired. I kind of dozed off and with the time/ shift plot and similar characters I did not get it all. But, I still enjoyed it.

I have not seen ‘Chung King Express’. That film seems to be his most highly rated, they all rate pretty high.

Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung and great actors and are in most of his films. That is a huge plus for me.

As for ‘My Blueberry Nights’. I will see it. Jude Law and Natalie Portman did good work in “Closer”

In the next couple of months I will buy a 50 inch flat screen. And Wong Kar-Wai films will be high on my dvd rental list.

I missed this thread! I love Wong Kar-Wai, Chungking Express and In the Mood for Love are two of my favorite films of all time. Also love Happy Together. I was looking at his listing on rottentomatoes.com and there is some stuff I haven't seen, need to hit up Netflix. :hmm:

neutral said:
I missed this thread! I love Wong Kar-Wai, Chungking Express and In the Mood for Love are two of my favorite films of all time. Also love Happy Together. I was looking at his listing on rottentomatoes.com and there is some stuff I haven't seen, need to hit up Netflix. :hmm:

If you liked "Chungking Express," "Fallen Angels" was supposed to be the third act for the film, but he instead decided to dedicate it to a new film.

And "2046" is the loose sequel to "In the Mood for Love," while "Days of Being Wild" is considered to be a loose, after-the-fact prequel.

Those are definitely films to watch if you haven't seen them yet!

Back
Top Bottom