Women flirting with guys (A question)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beatlesboy

War Child
Chicago, IL (In the kingdom of South Suburbia!)
Since I don't belong to any other forums, I'll ask here! :wink:

I've been noticing something lately. When I'm out on a casual date, other women (strangers) seem much more flirty. I'm not talking about any hardcore "hitting on", just very friendly little "Hi's" or very small chit-chat, especially when my date gets up to use the restroom or whatever. When I'm out with one or two of my guy buddies it seems like the complete opposite!?

Why is that?

Any other guys noticed something like this?

Ladies, do you think this is true??? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Some girls like the chase and want what they can't have or enjoy the drama. I for one (when I didn't have a boyfriend) didn't hit on guys that were already with someone.. so it's really hard to say :shrug:

I think it's because women don't want to give you the wrong impression and thus will be more reserved if they think you are without a girlfriend or wife.

I've noticed this phenomena since I've been engaged, women are more likely to talk kindly to me because they don't have to fear that I will take it as a sign that they want something more.

I think it is...

My friend went on a date with this guy at a restaurant and the waitress was falling all over him. I'm sure if he was walking by himself he wouldn't be noticed.

But maybe that's not the same?? :huh:

U2Girl1978 said:
My friend went on a date with this guy at a restaurant and the waitress was falling all over him. I'm sure if he was walking by himself he wouldn't be noticed.

That's EXACTLY the kind of thing I'm talking about! Also other women near me or just passing by saying little things out of the blue. This NEVER (or rarely at best) happens when I'm with a guy friend...

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:
I think it's because women don't want to give you the wrong impression and thus will be more reserved if they think you are without a girlfriend or wife.

I've noticed this phenomena since I've been engaged, women are more likely to talk kindly to me because they don't have to fear that I will take it as a sign that they want something more.

Exactly. It's fun to flirt, and if it's safe, it's even more fun.

Which is why I flirt all the time here.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
beatlesboy, did you used to post here under another name? You look very familiar. :hmm:

I agree with Jessica Ann and lauren, too. :giggle:
You guys are the absolute sweetest things (no pun intended!) :) Yes, I was originally on here pre-elevation tour and then I wasn't on for a loooong time.

I have no idea what my previous info was though (username, password, etc...) :hmm:

Anywho... My question still stands, do women purposely go out of their way to flirt with guys when they're with a girl??

JessicaAnn said:
Ummm ... ladies, check out his pic in the picture thread. There is a reason he is being hit on. :sexywink:

:ohmy:

:combust:

Perhaps you don't get hit on while you're out with your guy friends is because that is a potentially intimidating situation. :shrug: Really never thought of it....I've never tried to outright flirt with a guy that has a woman with him.

Last edited:
I don't talk to guys if they are with a girl, unless she looks like a sister. I figure there's no chance.

Of course I don't talk to them when they are alone, either. :|

AvsGirl41 said:
I don't talk to guys if they are with a girl, unless she looks like a sister. I figure there's no chance.

Of course I don't talk to them when they are alone, either. :|

That makes two of us! :wink: I wait for guys to come up to me and make them do all the hard work. Which...isn't...very often. :(

*wallows in self-pity*

beatlesboy said:
Anywho... My question still stands, do women purposely go out of their way to flirt with guys when they're with a girl??

I don't, but I suspect some women do.

I think it has something to do with a guy looking like he is capable of committing himself to one woman.

Contrast that to a woman seeing a group of guys ... the one guy she may think is "cute" also appears to be more of a party boy and be perceived as less serious.

I think most of them do it for the chase. Its like a dog chasing a car - for the thrill of it. When I lived in LA and hung around musicians - OMG - those women were the worst!!! The poor guy didn't even have to be famous -- those girlfriends never had a chance. They guy could be shackled to his girlfriend and have three kids attached to him and these women would still come on to them. It was amazing. My roommate literally got pushed over a couch so that some chick could chat-up her boyfriend!

Now on the other hand I use to take out my male roommate and I would get hit on all the time. It works both ways or least in my experience it has:happy:

Sorry dear boy this still doesn't answer your question:shrug:

beatlesboy said:

hmmm, i knew girls at college who do this. they'll make a massive effort to flirt with other gilrs boyfriends and actually go so far as to try it on with them when the girls werent looking. in their case its obviously insecurity issue and quite sad really.

on the other hand one of my biggest flirts is a friend of mine with a girlfriend. we do it because we know its harmless and just a laugh and will never amount to anything.
also i'd never be so disrespectful as to flirt with him when his girlfriend was there, nor him with me when i'm with my boyfriend. We are very good friends though so i suppose thats different.

i dont think i'd flirt with random strangers who had girlfriends at their side though, thats a bit too much like those girls at college i knew - its just woman out looking for an ego/confidence boost.

Ms. M said:
I think most of them do it for the chase. Its like a dog chasing a car - for the thrill of it.

Although things could go the other way. I have had guys hit on me when I was out on a date and the guy went to the bathroom.

maybe some women do that because they just want the ego boost if the guy is more attracted to them than he is the date

Or they're just competitive/insecure

Same goes for some men too

some women like the challenge of getting the guy with the girl. Not all women though. I have noticed this as well, when I go to bars with my buddies, I see all these girls around, and pay no attention to me. As soon as my girlfriend and I go out, i get the looks and the eyes looking at me, especially cause my girlfriend is very attractive, but yeah, when I go out alone, I get nothing, not that I want to get hit on, but I have noticed the difference myself.

martha said:
You need fake dates! Ask a friend to act like your date, then have her go to the can. When these other girls start to chat you up, she can discreetly vanish, leaving you with Miss Flirty-Pants.

It's foolproof! :D

Wing-girl.

Back
Top Bottom